Personalized Trading Plan

I have been trading consistently for just over a year. Last four months have been live and technically I have been profitable in that I still have more money in my account than when I started. Although not by much. I am trying to take things more seriously and wanted to share my specific trading plan for input, feedback or criticisms. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Screenshot 2023-10-08 203427
Screenshot 2023-10-08 203507
Screenshot 2023-10-08 203531

9 Likes

Wow, nice written out trading plan. I am sure that you will survive long enough in the markets to improve even further and I wish you that you will reach your long term goals.

As I am trying to improve in that regard right now and all my thoughts are circling around it, I want you to ask, if you already thought about increasing your position as a trade goes in your favor instead of taking a 50% partial profit?

2 Likes

Thank you very much for such kind words Worker_Bee.

I have not thought about increasing my position size but I think it is a great idea except for the following reason that is currently causing me the most grief. Closing my positions early when in my favor and letting winners run. I know it’s psychological I am actively working on my discipline in that regard. But whenever a trade starts going in my favor I feel the need to take profits (this is partially why I wrote the plan, as a hard rule). I have no problem letting losers go all the way to my stop loss but letting them run to my profit target is a problem. That also explains why my risk reward may seem low right now. Thanks for your insight!

1 Like

WOW! That is the best trading plan I’ve ever seen. Well-detailed, nitty. GOOD JOB.

2 Likes

Can you please explain how did you write such a plan? It’s great!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I plan on reading out loud to myself every day before I trade to help with the areas I am struggling with.

1 Like

Ethan.ishere, I found a template, used some verbiage from other trading plans to help me get started (I not the best word smith) and tweaked it to fit my specific trading plan and goals. You can find trading plans templates just by searching for “Trading Plan Template”. Good luck and thank you for the kind words!.

1 Like

You can use online or notions templates:Your free trading journal template - TradeZella

Well done, excellent. I find it easier to close losing trades early, taking partial profits on winning trades, bringing the S/L up to breakeven, and letting the balance run.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Thanks steve369!

Oooh. :blush: This looks great! :smiley: I wish I also had the patience to craft a trading plan like this. :sweat_smile: Very detailed, with even your pre-trading activities. :blush: Do you plan to also post the trades you take using this trading plan here?

1 Like

Thank you very much @ria_rose, I don’t know if I have the time or patience to post all my trades on here but I will certainly think about it. Have a great day!

Well, reading out loud is a great way to check how your trading plan sound like; it enables you to look at it from other POVs. What area your struggling with now?

Oh, thank you for the guidance man. I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Well done
Very detailed and accurate trading plan. If you are diligent and do not deviate from it, it’ll be only be beneficial for you.
I’ll take inspiration from you and try to write mine appropriately instead of having it on the NoteApp on my phone :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

@charlotte_daily my risk management/position sizing is good. Waiting for valid signals and executing at predetermined SL and PT is not a problem. I would say that my open trade management is my biggest issue. Mostly closing trades or taking partial profit when in profit before they hit my target is an issue. Tightening up my SL too soon and not allow a trade to play out is also a concern. These are the things I am trying to track in my journal to determine what effect this is having on my potential outcomes and working from there. Obviously, this is part of the psychology I need to address but can’t put my finger on it. Thoughts?

@The.TradingBMS since doing this, it has renewed my spirit quite a bit with regard to my trading journey. Take some time and seriously write everything out and maybe you can see an improvement with yourself. Thanks!

1 Like

Nice plan and I will also try to follow this plan because it will help me survive in the long run.

Well, what you said are actions that have causes. You should first identify the root. For example, is it because of greed? or maybe that’s over confidence? First try to identify that.

Thank you for posting this.