Picking Cherries & Apples

what do you use for entry???

Same for me : what a bad day!
7 trades : 6 SL !

This is a new indicator I’ve just written.
_H_PSAR_Reverse_Alert.zip (931 Bytes)

hey

i just realized that today is election day in the US

I use the dot outside of bollinger band judge price action and wait a candle or 2 to see if it repaints, if its a breakout obviously it’ll keep repainting so i wont trade it. But if its rangebound i usually enter on the next candle.

Guys,

I’ve just been conned. I’m with AVA on a demo account. I entered a sell at 1.59807 on GBPUSD with a S/L at the dot (1.59960) - 1HR chart. I’ve just been stopped out even though price DID NOT reach it (it got to just 1.59926)! OK - even though it’s a demo account I’ve had enough and will be changing my broker. I’m in the UK. Shall I go with Pepperstone or does anyone have any other recommedations?

Clive

pepperstone i great no issues try hotforex

likewise im with hotforex works great for me

Thanks harrilalchadd,

A question - looking at the trade charts you have posted, not one of the ZZ dots has repainted past your entry point. How do you achieve to enter at this optimal point every time?

Regards, Clive

i use the SAR to prevent fakeouts and for entry

don’t forget, shorts(sells) close with ASK, which is the “spread” above the shown bid price. If the spread was, for example, 2 pips, that trade will close when the bid price is 2 pips away from the “dot” and look like it closed for no reason.

You should right click on your chart, and check “Show Ask” so you can see where the ask price is and why things look like they close in thin air for no reason. Also, if the MarketMakers open the spread for moments to 4 or so pips, to take people out for their trades, that will also stop you out when you’re seemingly 4 pips from your stoploss.

Interesting to note from the chart below, that if i actually went long at 9:35 CET like Swing_ZZ suggested it would have been a profitable trade, but i thought it was a small retracement as it looked like it was breaking out to the downside like it had the previous 3 days.

Chart is zoomed in for easy viewing on here.

harrilalchadd, even with the SAR in place the ZZ will still repaint and often go beyond it, sometimes through a reversal and back. I’d like to see you in action on a webinar! My swing_zz minbars parameter is set to 3 - what’s yours?

Your right. Thanks for clarifying babypipsjbentz.

Have a short on EURUSD atm at 1.28099, TP - 1.28049, SL - 1.28199

TP hit, nice sharp down move!

mine is set to 2 minibars but i rearly seen zz repaint with the sar in place

i have a question how did you trade today with sl so far from entry.

i mean i got few signals on the audusd, eurjpy, gbpjpy but the sl was to much to risk and then
and the eurusd, gbpusd was a mess to even think but trading

Just took a short on the 1hr EURUSD

SL = ATR = 23
TP1 = ATR = 23

Trade is currently neg but we’ll see how it plays out.

TP1 hit(+23 pips) and closed 2 out of the 5 lots
Moved the other 3 lots to BE +5
Set TP2 at ATR*2=46 pips

TP2 hit(+46 pips) and closed 1 out of the 3 lots
Moved the other 2 lots to orignal TP1 of +23 pips(locked)
Set TP3 at ATR*3=69 pips

Also just opened a AUDUSD Short… Got in late but still used orignal TP1
ATR= 17