Picking Cherries & Apples

1 take profit, 6 losses.
VERY BAD DAY :frowning:

What pairs were you trading? And can u post pictures so we can help you out?

Since Friday, this system donā€™t work !
On M5, many SL and little TPā€¦

I test, now, on other TFā€¦

SL got hit.
2 lots = 23 pips
1 lot = 46 pips
2 lots = 69 pips

Avg = 46 pips

AUDUSD deal still opened

4 lots
2 lots = 9 pips
2 lots = 24 pips locked

Avg = 16 pips locked

Today I used this strategy in combination with S&R/pivot points and got 5 winning trades out of 7 on the hourly charts. EURUSD, USDJPY and GBPUSD. Made over 10% of my account today. Feels good :wink:

Congrats, thatā€™s great!! Iā€™m currently up 14% today as wellā€¦ and just think I wasnā€™t even going to trade today because it was the day after the election!!!.. Now the key is not to lose it!

If you donā€™t mind me asking , how have you been in corperating PP?

I was afraid someone would ask that! Iā€™m using an indicator which marks support and resistance levels 1, 2 and 3 as well as the daily pivot point. I canā€™t share it because it came with a forex subscription I am paying for ;-( , but Iā€™m pretty sure it can be had elsewhere. Of course they can also be drawn manually :wink:

Letā€™s see what tomorrow brings. I already have another 4 trades on and all are positive so farā€¦By the way I seem to be jumping in before the SAR kicks in. Are you finding this also?

well what can i say

she feed me last week
she milked me this week

but i still love you forex

losses today and first real trading day lol

This week and last week have been tough, could be the combination of New York exchange being closed and US elections making the USD prices a tad more erratc than normal?

I always wait for the SAR Dot to print after the ZZ to enter the trade. I know it can sometimes away half the profit, but so far itā€™s worked well.

Only took one trade so far today and it was a loss for 19 pips on EURUSD 1hr

Markets arenā€™t moving today. Iā€™ve lost most of yesterdayā€™s profits.

Iā€™ve only taken one trade on EURUSD on the 5 minā€¦ I havenā€™t had any signals on the 1hr.

What pairs have you been trading?.. Iā€™m working with EU AU GU EJ GY

AN GU EJ EU were the trades. They were positive yesterday but I left them overnight and went bad. I am also looking at UJ and AU.

Looks like there were a few opportunities on the 15m chart today but I have a job and cannot do this time frame. Any one had any luck on these shorter T/Fs?

I have been following Blizzardā€™s posts back over a couple hundred pages of forum. Along the way, Iā€™ve been coding EAā€™s to test the strategies and and concepts along the way. A quick thank you to everyone that developed these threads as lot of work has gone into them.

Overall, I believe that you need solid rules to trade by that can be quantified and take emotion out of trading. I have alot of respect for people like Blizzard who trade with such general rules and are profitable. But from my studies, this SAR over ZZ strategy is more or less a guess. Below is a 3 month run with the TP at 5 pips and the SL at the previous dot, limited to 10 pips ( all trades with a larger than 10 pip SL were not taken.

However, I also want to say a big thank you to Relativity. Your posts around #187 and 188 were extremely thoughtful. I have begun running active statistical analysis and found that over a 5 year period on the EURUSD, the average (median, not mean) vertical movement is around 30 pips over 11 bars on the M5 period and the swing ZZ indicator. On a shorter scale, 1-2 week of stats, the number goes as low as 22 pips and as high as 40, but the bars typically move proportional. For example, some stats back in August, the vertical movement on the swing ZZ has been around 23, but the number of bars also moved to a median of 10 on buys and 7 on sells. You can follow the higher TF movement by following the ratio of movement to number of bars without using any indicators.

Iā€™ve coded some simple EAā€™s using these statistics, entering on a buy or sell on the ZZ indicator when its median movement and it appears very promising. I still have alot of adjusting to do, but overall I just wanted to say thanks to Relativity for pointing me in this direction. I will share what I can with the board as it develops.

Although, I have been unable to apply standard deviations to my analysis. The standard deviations can be incredibly large due to some of the large outliers ( either a couple very fast/large movements, or sometimes the drop or rise of price on the Weekend open really throws the stats wide. My std deviations are almost as large as the means.) Still working on logic and seeing if something can be done with what Iā€™m calculating.

Just took a short on the 1hr EURUSD

Stop Hit 3 lots at +28 pips

I took a similar on GBPUSD 1HR but I got out with 16 pips. +1%

Glad to be of help here! Keep working on your logic. I would love to see what you can come up, as Iā€™ve done a lot of similar work of my own (all of it is in my thread)

You may want to classify the stats into groups via 1 month each / 5 weeks each. Something like this (my own stats for my own ZZs). I do have justifications of why I group the data in this manner :

Of you getting those super weird outiers, this is also the reason why I ended up making my own ZZ tool. Wasnā€™t an easy task, but very worthwhile.