Pip Surfer's Cowabunga System

Hello! I finished the School of Pipsology a couple of months ago. I’m going to start demo trading again with a new account. I’m looking at Pip Surfer’s Cowabunga System to start.

Below are the indicator settings:

4-hr. Chart Settings:

5 EMA applied to the close
10 EMA applied to the close
Stochastic (10,3,3)
RSI (9) (Simple)

15-minute Chart Settings:

5 EMA applied to the close
10 EMA applied to the close
Stochastic (10,3,3)
RSI (9)
MACD (12,26,9)

I’m also watching his trading videos on YouTube to get a better understanding of the system. Is there anyone here who’s also using this system?

4 Likes

This is my 15-minute chart with the indicator settings but I’m not sure if I’m doing it correctly. :confused:

My 4-hr chart. I hope someone can help me if I’m on the right track. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Looks good. However, if you’re following pipsurfer’s logs and want consistency with his trades then change your MACD indicator to one that calculates MACD as his platform does such as the “MACD True MT4 indicator”. Best of luck.

3 Likes

Yay! Glad to know that I’m on the right track! Thanks for your help! I don’t know where to find that True MT4 Indicator. I tried downloading one but it doesn’t look like Pipsurfer’s MACD. :frowning:

This was my chart last Friday. I was waiting if I can open a trade that day but I didn’t see any valid signals to enter.

Anyone tried using this system with other currency pairs?

Chart Impression,

1. Price closed above MA 10 and MA5 implies Bullish bias.
  2. Stochastic below 20% level, Oversold conditions.
  3. RSI above 30 higher than previous Swing Low price’s RSI level which was below 30, indicates strong support.
  4. Bearish histogram bars weaken, indicates possible retracement of bearish trend.

Overall impression, Buy AUDJPY.
Entry : Buy upon breakout of 82.300 (previous 4hourly High)
Target : 82.800 (Weekly High)
stop loss : 81.700 (Weekly Low)

1 Like

Thursday had no trades (GBPUSD) for me either but Friday was a good end to the week with trades as follows:

short 01h00 (NY time) for +1.0%, and
short 04h30 (NY time) for +0.4% (closed on candle before news)

See if you can spot these if you didn’t trade them.

1 Like

observation,

1. bullish channel
  2. bullish divergence
  3. weaken bearish MACD
    GBPUSD bullish bias
1 Like

Finally, I was able to enter trades today! First was a short entry @1.31200 and SL was hit @1.31189. That’s a +1.1 pips.

But I accidentally bought a trade @1.31330. I panicked and tried to modify it but I ended up closing the trade @1.31311. That’s a -1.9 pips loss. :sob:

Then, I saw a valid entry again. Entered long @1.31327 and closed @1.31446. I got a +11.9 pips! :blush:

Possible reversal?

1 Like

Hi davidmaree! I tried spotting those but I failed. :sob: If you could include a chart that would be very helpful! :blush:

That 119 is pipettes and is the same as 11.9 pips (same for the other numbers you quoted). See pipsurfer’s trade to compare (Cowabunga System Daily Update: I Love Easy Trades! - BabyPips.com)

1 Like

Here you go, trades last Friday

1 Like

Yikes! :grimacing: Thanks for the clarification! (Previous post edited)

I saw it now on my chart! Sad to say, I missed that trade. :sob: Hopefully, there will be more good trades for this week.

GBPUSD chart for today. I think there’s a valid entry at 18:45 but I missed it. :sob: I’m gonna monitor this for now and see if there will be another opportunity to enter.

Cheers to all the traders who shorted GBPUSD! I hope you all had a nice trading week!

Sharing new update from Pipsurfer today:
Cowabunga System Daily Update: A Nice Small Win! - BabyPips.com

Trend was up the entire day. Another missed entry for me today. :frowning:

Last week was not a good trading week for me. I’ve had a couple of losing trades because I’m not following the system.

Currently watching the chart and waiting for a valid entry.