Platform Choice?

Hi just signing up to. New demo, what’s better cTrading or Metatrader 4?

What’s pros cons for each if you have the time!

Cheers Pete

3 Likes

it’s not a question of better, it’s a question of what do you prefer
it’s like asking a Guitar player, do you prefer Gibson Les Paul or Fender Stratocaster
its like asking a guy, do you prefer Ford or Holden when it comes to cars

Each as a purpose and pro’s and con’s
i suppose to sum it up

I Use MT-4 and i’ve tried C-trader
i felt that i couldn’t execute trades as quickly on C-trader.
but i did like the fact that C-Trader looked nicer and you could DETACH THE WINDOWS… which is really handy.

but i also like the CLEAN LOOK of MT-4 and it’s quicker than C-Trader

i reckon, try them both
if you have an Account, you can try Demo C-trader and Demo MT-4
you just need to create seperate installation folders SO WHEN YOU INSTALL IT
choose CUSTOM INSTALL and change the directory path to something like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pepperstone (MT-4}
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Pepperstone (C-Trader}

then open them side by side and see what you prefer

3 Likes

As a new trader I admit your confusion. But both trading systems are equal good. There are many c trader and also many meta trader 4 in the market. Both type of trader are doing well. Based on your comfort and of course on your trading style you can go with any one of them. I am comfortable with MT4 platform. But there is a reason behind this. That doesn’t mean c trading is bad. Because I am doing scalping MT4 suits me most.

2 Likes

Stick with MT4 All others are slower but look nicer plus MT4/MT5 has bigger community for EA’s etc.
But just my opinion.
its how you got your setup that really counts.
if your trading long term then speed may not be important so it would not matter.
You would only be using it to execute your orders into the Market,
If Day trading i would say MT4.:alien:

And A Happy New Year…

1 Like

I’m going to be Scalping too, so going for MT4 then. Any recommended links for a good strategy or setting up before I blindly try and google help.

yeah…

here are some tips in MT-4

you can google how to do that

1. SHOW THE ASK LINE
  2. Customize your Chart Colours
  3. Save your PROFILES
  4. learn to SAVE TEMPLATES
    (this will save you time when opening further charts and getting the colours and other things correct)
  5. SHOW COMMISSIONS in your terminal
  6. SHOW SWAP in your terminal
  7. Learn to manipulate the default installation location of MT-4
    9, be familiar with the following folders in the installation folder

PROFILES
SCRIPTS
EXPERTS
TEMPLATES
INCLUDE
INDICATORS
LIBRARIES

and learn what they are used for

that should probably get you started

4 Likes

I am also new in forex market but I have to mention that both the trading platforms have its own trading facilities and trading tools and techniques so that traders can enjoy comfortable trading, So there is no specific comparison, you can work with your best trading platform as per your trading needs.

To enable these I presume i need some trades?

Been looking at a scalping system in Admiral markets.

How do i overlay Stochastics? looking to have 8,1,3 and 13,1,3 Overlayed? I know how to add them individually, but how to overlay.

Cheers Guys

@SwankyP

Find an indicator on the market that overlays or make 1 yourself .

Or you can try the free fx sites and use there charts aswell i think few of them do screen overlays
like FXstreet or DailyFX site.

No it should already be done as standard just click VIEW then terminal

So you gone with admiral.? What type of account just a standard.? You should not be charged commissions with Admiral Not sure about the Swap though .?

No at moment i am trying to set up Pepperstone, Demo Razor account.

Found one but not sure how to upload, just looking into it, im on mac so not sure what type file i need yet.

Oh OK just in your post you said you had system yoor gana use for admiral.?

No I meant was i was looking at the scalping system video link you posted on the Admiral site. But as im using the MT4 i presume i can set it up the same way.

Ok mate I cant remember posting a link for that scalping video though Maybe it was on a page i posted for some other reason.?

MMMmmmm not sure, surfing the web, takes you all sorts of places. Perhaps i am mistaken. Was defo from this forum, thought i was from you, but could have been another user.

Actually No
None of the things that i told you to do require you to actually place a trade.

Think i have them all in there now!

@A1lenTrader
@SwankyP
the swap fee is what you get charged when you let a trade roll into the next day
the commission is what the broker charges you for the trade (if they charge you)

when i set up MT-4 they are not enabled by default which i find causes a lot of confusion for newbies because theycan’t figure out where the reaminder of the money has gone to.

just go to terminal

RIGHT CLICK on PRICE
a dialog box comes up
TICK Commission
TICK Swap

i was hoping you could google these things , that’s why i gave you the keywords to google