Platform Choice?

Excellent, if they are there by default, that’s good, but they were not for me.

On my MAC if i do this Commison is there but SWAP is NOT

so… are you saying that SWAP is neither in the check box when you right click and not one of the existing tabs
meaning… it’s not there at all ?
if that’s the case, i would contact the broker and ask them how to unhide the SWAP tab

@anon81929759

I Know what the swap is mate

not sure if i am getting swap think its swap free and no commission havn’t realy looked yet i know my LCG was swap free and no commissions cos i kept a trade open for 3 days without any charge.
Queried it and was told i don’t pay any commissions or swap on my account.

Sorry already in a TAB

Yeah, it looks like you have swap and commission sorted, that’s good.

1 Like

Im just trying to figure out best indicator to use to help me make sense, been looking at different youtube stuff, though some people using indicators i dont have as standard, and i dont really like downloading files from sites i dont know if i can trust!!

So at moment i have 3 moving averages on there. 50, 15 and 10 but not sure on levels.

This is what i am using so far.

hehe
well. if it’s SENSE that you’re after
i recommend REDUCE CLUTTER
and Dont’ apply an indie unless there is a reason that it will improve your trading
otherwise it’s eye candy

let me ask you this
by placing these MA’s WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACHIEVE ?

my advise is this
get rid of your indicators
start by drawing support and resistance lines manually , then go from there

also another question (Seemingly basic) but most people say NO
QUESTION : do you understand what an MA actually does and how it’s calculated ?
because if you don’t , applying it is pointless, because if you don’t know what you’re looking at , its then just a bunch of lines

I think Captain Currency 3 ducks MULTI TIME FRAME methodology is better than your 3 Moving averages.
Captain Currency 3 ducks

MT4 is ancient and the internet literally littered with infinite amount of system for download (Google for it). cTrader may possess newer indicator that may not be inherent in MT4.

Very True
but then you have a plethora of indicators and experts you can download from MQL5 anyway… so… each to his own
and if he just goes to the CODEBASE tab he can see that as well

but very true, MT-4 is like a screwdriver, it is as old as time itself… or close to it
but, IT STILL WORKS, there’s no need to fix it

Can’t see Margin on there ??? @SwankyP

sorry just noticed its on account tab not trade tab

@SwankyP
This is a demo account where i tend not to use stops sometimes lol.

When my Free margin gets too low and margin level goes down to 100% i get a margin call
if it keeps going down they start closing my trades Biggest first…until there all closed and leave me with 20% of what i started with. OR it could reverse .:alien: or i could have closed some myself to try and save some money to try again but this is a demo i use to measure stuff…

SHOT UP like a ROCKET I don’t even Have 1.00 lot :alien:

Would have made money on the swap though LOL

I work on MAC so mt4 only option i think unless i want webpage.

Hi SwankyP… I use both cTrader and MT4… I prefer the interface and features on cTrader, but it does have limited Indicators and Bots available, although a lot of great scripts can be found at CTDN. https://ctdn.com/

CTrader is also very resource hungry so if you are backtesting and trading at the sametime you’ll need a pretty good CPU and big RAM to keep the whole thing flowing. It is not yet ported to the Mac which is PIA…(Web is available) Script Programming Language is C#

MT4 feels old and outdated when compared with cTrader. The interface is tired but it is light on resources and the sheer volume of Indicators and EA’s available (marketplace) are phenomenal… I use to just trawl through the 1000’s of packages for ideas and strategies, a major plus for the platform. Script Programming Language is C++

Desktop versions of Metatrader have been ported to both Mac and PC…

Conclusion, both will do the job, demo both beside each other and see which suits you…

You can use Parallels (~$100), which generates a Windows 10 shell and allows PC software, such as cTrader to run on a Mac. Or maybe purchasing a PC may be required if you intend to expand your interest in the FX Market.
Edit: MQL5 link is now for MT4 Resourses (was MT5) apologies.

MT4 is Core; HardCore Did you see Admirals version for mac . if your mac is fairly new it should run normal.
cTrader Code is slower.

No just trying Pepperstone for a few days, getting to grips with MT4, tried cTrader on web, but liking the MT4.
Is Admiral different in looks or use to another MT4?

Cheers pete

I don’t use mac so can’t comment but each broker has there slightly different versions.
But it does mention you won’t need parallels or wine, winebottle.

Every trading platform has good facilities and all are good, but as a newcomer MT4 is more appropriate and knowledgeable. It’s according to me.