Platform Choice?

Yes getting to grips withMT4 today on demo started with 10K got to 14.5K within 3 hours then went pear shaped with GBP/YEN, thats what demos are for :slight_smile:

I personally prefer CTrader. At first, the interface was a little confusing and I couldn’t understand how to use some of the features. Also, since I prefer swing trading, I hold my trades overnight often. Because of that, I use trailing stops. With MT4 you have to keep the platform online in order for TSL to work. With CTrader, trailing stops are server-side, it means it will move the stop-loss even when you are offline. I’m still a new trader so I’m still learning both forex and its platforms.

2 Likes

I admit I’ve never used CTrader, so I can’t make a comparison. I’ve been using MT4 since I started trading and I found the platform to be practical and untuitive to use, so I never felt the need to look for any other.
You could, theoretically, install both platforms, trade for a bit on either and then decide for yourself which one you like better?

Or instead you can use a cheap/free vpn and run mt4 on that. if you really Don’t like CTrader.

So is Mathematics.:alien:

Awesome feed back. I didn’t ask the question but Thanks for your feed back

The answer will be depends on your trading requirements. As far as I have seen MT4 is better equipped to do trading in decentralized market like forex market. But I am saying that you should for MT4 only, you should conduct your own analysis to determine the trading platform you are using can satisfy your requirements or not.