Political Opinion

I would vote Tulsi Gabbard for President in a heart beat, She seems to be the only democrat left who supports Free Speech, oppose identity politics and is anti ( unnecessary) wars

God bless Tulsi

4 Likes

Maybe after all this border-incursion by Russia on Ukraine dies down, we can properly focus
on the United States border incursion by everyone in the world…
Nah, didn’t think so either.

1 Like

They’re all bad. The Dems are the lesser evil IMO, and appear to do more work on issues I care about. I know what I care about isn’t necessarily what you care about.

But that’s politics. Harder to find people willing to work on a middle ground these days.

It’s many things I could call this invasion but an ‘incursion’ is not one of them.

The alliance between China and Russia will meantime be reinforced - is Taiwan next?

Beijing tells Russia’s foreign minister it understands Moscow’s “reasonable concerns on security issues” in Ukraine.

Invasion is fine.

1 Like

Bathroom reading for you. Direct, joint-statement from Putin and Xi Jinping.

http://en.kremlin.ru/supplement/5770

The sides note that democratic principles are implemented at the global level, as well as in administration of State. Certain States’ attempts to impose their own ”democratic standards“ on other countries, to monopolize the right to assess the level of compliance with democratic criteria, to draw dividing lines based on the grounds of ideology, including by establishing exclusive blocs and alliances of convenience, prove to be nothing but flouting of democracy and go against the spirit and true values of democracy. Such attempts at hegemony pose serious threats to global and regional peace and stability and undermine the stability of the world order.

The sides believe that the advocacy of democracy and human rights must not be used to put pressure on other countries. They oppose the abuse of democratic values and interference in the internal affairs of sovereign states under the pretext of protecting democracy and human rights, and any attempts to incite divisions and confrontation in the world. The sides call on the international community to respect cultural and civilizational diversity and the rights of peoples of different countries to self-determination. They stand ready to work together with all the interested partners to promote genuine democracy.

The sides believe that certain States, military and political alliances and coalitions seek to obtain, directly or indirectly, unilateral military advantages to the detriment of the security of others, including by employing unfair competition practices, intensify geopolitical rivalry, fuel antagonism and confrontation, and seriously undermine the international security order and global strategic stability. The sides oppose further enlargement of NATO and call on the North Atlantic Alliance to abandon its ideologized cold war approaches, to respect the sovereignty, security and interests of other countries, the diversity of their civilizational, cultural and historical backgrounds, and to exercise a fair and objective attitude towards the peaceful development of other States. The sides stand against the formation of closed bloc structures and opposing camps in the Asia-Pacific region and remain highly vigilant about the negative impact of the United States’ Indo-Pacific strategy on peace and stability in the region. Russia and China have made consistent efforts to build an equitable, open and inclusive security system in the Asia-Pacific Region (APR) that is not directed against third countries and that promotes peace, stability and prosperity.

The bold bit is a bit ironic given what’s happened in the last 24 hours/8 years in Ukraine.

It won’t be long before Russia has full control.

Officials say Ukraine no longer in control of Chernobyl site

Sadly double speak (lies) are the norm - agents came to England and poisoned folk but they were just tourists - we are def not going to invade Ukraine whilst planning just that - troops are going back to base - whilst others were moving up - invade Crimea and remove insignia from uniforms … and on it goes.

To see people afraid, children holding tight their parents hands while the scream of air raid sirens wail - this is a war on people in the name of “de-nazifying” them to quote the Kremlin.

Lots of men and women signing up including vets to defend their country but the sense is that they will be over powered.
The Russians have just taken Chernobyl - now there is irony - a legacy of USSR back in the hands of a former KGB. colonel.

1 Like

Nice how everyone is united in doing nothing.

Why did Russia attack Ukraine?

China blames U.S. for war in Ukraine, even as it appears increasingly uncomfortable with standing by Russia

Jimmy Dore and journalist Max Blumenthal give us a little history to put Ukraine in the proper perspective.

I sure learned a few things, I hope others will take the time to watch this before they cut and paste any more US media propaganda

1 Like

I have been trying to find that middle ground with you for 2 years , if we cannot do it on this simple thread, what hope is there for the country

1 Like

Which country in Europe has the largest proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores?

Has second most reserves in Europe of titanium ore.

Second in world explored reserves of manganese (12% of all world’s reserves)

Second with 30 bn tonnes iron ore reserves

No.3 with shale gas

No. 7 with coal

No.1 in Europe arable agriculture land

No.1 exporter of sunflower oil

No. 2 Barley production

No.1 Europe ammonia production

The list goes on…

What was the question again?

2 Likes

LINK IS THE GREEN WRITING

"The Catastrophe of Canada | Rex Murphy and Jordan B Peterson - YouTube

1 Like

thanks for the info, i was clueless

,What side are you on regarding this invasion, do you support it or are you against it

Posted August 21… Putin knows full well that the current US Administration couldn’t organise a root in a Brothel right now, so has absolutely no fear of an escalation from NATO or any other Western Nation.

Without the US holding their hand, blowing their noses and wiping their a$$, no European/NATO nation will even attempt to stand up against the Soviet juggernaut unleashed on the Ukraine…

And as I pointed out months ago… President Xi would be getting all warm and fuzzy right about now, seeing how easy the Russians have just rolled across a former territory. The last thing the world needs right now is too give this despot silly ideas… And with all the current trouble in the Chinese economy, would be a great opportunity for distraction of aggrieved citizens.

He knows the US Military and it’s allies would struggle to be in two places at once… Even under an effective and strong Administration.

At least it’s relegated COVID to page two for the moment while the Climate Warriors and Gender/Pronoun fixated swing handbags at each other for space on pages three and four.

Oh the serenity…

5 Likes

When Trump tried it, Congress refused to give him enough money, even though he had the house and the senate on his side at the time

The United States, the European Union and other Western allies have also announced limited sanctions. Western countries are not likely to deploy their own troops to Ukraine, making sanctions the best tools to punish Moscow — and deter further aggression.

There’s a chance this guy will become president of the United States again

Trump again praises Putin moments before Russia launches invasion of Ukraine

“I mean, he’s taking over a country for $2 worth of sanctions,” Trump said. “I’d say that’s pretty smart. He’s taking over a country — literally a vast, vast location, a great piece of land with a lot of people, and just walking right in.”