Political Opinion

It is for this reason my primary search engine is DuckDuckgo, I have disabled most of Siri functions and their is no way in hell Jeff Bezos CIA sponsored spy device “Alexa” will ever be in my home

Cartoon - 7

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s not easy although there are little things that we can do.

Rule one - always log out of ALL google accounts when googling (likely google+ has your birthdate on the profile page)

Clear cookies every so often.

Use incognito mode when browsing in chrome.

@frandlost story - I’ve seen similar in action - still haven’t figured how they did it but they did.

Back in the day in this geo location there were certain words that if you spoke them on the landline you would hear a click - and that was before smart technology like today.

1 Like

Except for getting the year wrong, I would say George Orwell was the greatest prophet of our time

1a

2 Likes

I got fed up with being tracked by Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox — and their associated search engines Bing, and Google — and then being solicited by the vendors who acquired my data from those browsers and search engines.

So, about 3 years ago, I downloaded the Epic Privacy Browser, and now my primary browser is Epic, and my primary search engine is Epic Search.

The Epic Privacy Browser screens out pop-up ads, and blocks trackers. Example: About 30 minutes after opening my browser today, Epic reported that it had already blocked 35 trackers.

On my computer, I still have my previous “spy-browsers” — IE (I guess now they call it Microsoft Edge), Google, and Firefox. But, I use them only when necessary.

Epic is merciless when it comes to filtering, and sites whose ads are being blocked know it. Some of them fight back by blocking my access to their sites, unless I exclude them from Epic’s ad-blocker. Instead of doing that, I usually just switch (temporarily) to Firefox, if I want to continue on one of those sites.

For years, I was able to access everything, except the ads, on Finance Magnates (a site that I visit frequently). But, just recently, the images accompanying the Finance Magnates (FM) articles have all been blacked out on the Epic browser, but not on any other browser. I’m guessing that this is being done by FM to fight back against blockers like Epic.

In most cases I can do without the images accompanying the FM articles. But, as always, the last resort in this case is simply to open Firefox temporarily, in order to see what FM was blocking.

I can browse the Babypips site all day without seeing ads. But Epic and/or Trading View blocks the charts on the Babypips Rates page. So, when I go to Rates, I can access the page of live prices, but when I click on a particular instrument (Bitcoin/USD, for instance), I get a Trading View chart without candles. So, I have to switch to one of the spy-browsers (I generally default to Firefox), open Babypips > Rates, and then click BTCUSD to get the chart I want.

And I’m well aware that while I’m on Firefox, I’m being tracked.

If you’re obsessed with privacy, as I am, you can feel secure surfing the web on the Epic browser. Proof of the effectiveness of Epic’s tracker-blocking is when you shop online for cars (or whatever) — shopping that normally would subject you to a blizzard of follow-up advertising from trackers who have access to your searches. Not only will you never be solicited on your Epic browser by sellers of cars (or whatever you were searching), but you won’t be solicited on any of your other browsers either, because none of those would-be trackers had access to your searches.

And there are even more sensitive issues than online shopping.

Suppose you want to investigate bomb-making materials, not because you intend to build a bomb, but just because you are curious. Or suppose you want to learn more about bi-polar disorder, or how to fight an IRS audit, or any number of other topics of interest.

What you absolutely don’t want is for some tracker (you will never even know is lurking in the background) to develop a “profile” of you as “a mentally unstable person, who has a beef with the IRS, and is planning to build a bomb”.

Epic can limit access to your private life by most trackers. And it can limit the traces left behind in your computer after you have completed your searches, closed your browser, and shut everything down.

However, it’s doubtful that Epic, or any other blocking technology available for free to the general public, can stop the data-gathering of the National Security Agency (NSA). It’s not for nothing that the NSA has 14 acres of computer servers buried underground at Fort Meade, Maryland, and a data center many times larger than that, somewhere in Utah.

In my view, the only sensible thing is to assume that every phone-call (cell-phone, or land-line), every email, every computer search, and indeed every bit of internet traffic is swept up by the NSA. It may not be immediately flagged for review by an analyst, but it exists (forever) in an archive that can be searched. And those data can be retrieved, if the government ever gets interested in developing a profile of you.

For now, in my opinion, the only modes of communication safe from the routine scrutiny of the NSA are snail-mail, and face-to-face conversations in secure locations.

Maybe I’m paranoid. But, even paranoid people can have real enemies.

3 Likes

send in the clowns — democrat candidates for president — 2020

Democrat candidates - 1

2 Likes

Illegal aliens from Central America are streaming into this country in increasing numbers, using their own children as human shields.

By the way – MSN, New York Times, and the rest of you PC-types in the mainstream media –
these people sneaking into our country are “undocumented” because they are illegal.

If you were journalists, you would use the English language to convey facts, not propaganda.

2 Likes

The democrats tie the “impeach trump” feed-bag on their donkey…

Trump - impeach - cartoon - 1

…and the country waits for the inevitable “outcome”.

(just like always, the outcome will be a pile of donkey sh_t)

Probably right Clint.

Less predictable is what’s going to happen in Israel where the PM faces 3 upcoming serious charges. He’ll be lucky to avoid jail.

Israeli politicians have a patchy relationship with the law - List of Israeli public officials convicted of crimes or misdemeanors - Wikipedia

Yup. Kinda looks that way.

I haven’t been following Israeli politics lately. But, your post prompted me to do some reading this morning. The New York Times – notorious, in my opinion, for fake news – nevertheless seems to be playing it straight with this piece –

I like Netanyahu, mainly because, in most circumstances, he’s a hard-right bad-ass (also, and not least, because he’s almost an American, and speaks with a near-perfect American accent). I hope he beats the rap.

Needless to say, I enjoyed the comment by one of Bibi’s aides (quoted in the Times article), dismissing the seriousness of Hefetz’ role as state’s witness against Netanyahu:

• “When there is something there, you don’t need even one state witness. When you don’t have anything, even a thousand state witnesses won’t help. The incessant race after state witnesses is the best proof that there is nothing — and there will be nothing.”

That Wikipedia page you linked to, which I had not seen before, is eye-opening. What a litany of graft and corruption – not to mention rape!

I hope Netanyahu does not end up on that list.

1 Like

Did you know about his brother Yonatan Netanyahu - was the OC in the Entebbe raid - gave his life for those hostages - a real true bad ass that was an evil doer’s worst nightmare.

No, I didn’t know his brother’s story. Thanks for educating me, Peter.

1 Like

I appreciate you taht you started this thread as in my opinion, politics is the best thing to discuss. It shows how much we think about the betterment of our country and the whole world as well. I think international relations must be strengthen for the peace of world. What do you people think?

I’m sure talking is better than fighting, and that international trade is better than just talk.

But let’s expel dictatorships from the United Nations.

The Fake-News MediaCrats are all on the same page —

Campaign 2020 cartoon - 1

— don’t they all look cute with their big, bright donkey lapel pins?

3 Likes

The democrat donkey hee-haws about the new tax law –

cartoon - 13

1 Like

a better debate format would be for each candidate to pick who they want to ask questions , that way we get two bias moderators for each debate. Or even better, have a real old style debate like the famous Lincoln/Douglas debate

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report confirms that
there was no collusion between Donald Trump and Russia
prior to, during, or after the 2016 presidential election —
— and Americans celebrate.

© 2019 Getty Images NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 23: People attend a rally in support of U.S. President Donald Trump near Trump Tower on March 23, 2019 in New York City. Local grassroots pro-Trump organizations throughout the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas called supporters to gather, rally and network amongst its members. (Photo by Stephanie Keith/Getty Images)

From Reuters —

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/for-trump-supporters-mueller-report-sticks-it-to-the-haters/ar-BBVba3A?li=BBnb7Kz

Excerpts —

• "Finally we get to stick it to all the haters who want to undermine our president,” said [Henry] Thompson, a lifelong Democrat who backed Trump in the 2016 campaign for his opposition to the North American Free Trade Agreement.

• “How many times did Trump say: ‘No collusion’ — and he was right. They say the president lies. But his enemies have lied about this from the beginning.”

• Trump, who has repeatedly called the Mueller probe a “witch hunt,” quickly hailed the announcement as “complete and total exoneration.”

1 Like

This is total B.S. is there any question who has privilege in this country

Recent Smollett cartoons –

cartoon - Smollett - 3

cartoon - Smollett - 6

cartoon - Smollett - 7

2 Likes