Political Opinion

thats what we need. someone who doesnt really want the power. I know its probably wishful thinking but hey.

This is why I canā€™t wait for Google Glass, coz uā€™ll be able to instantly proofread other peopleā€™s bullā€¦

You think he would stick to his principles once in power?

US needs a libertarian and a more influential Green party to contend with the 2 major partiesā€¦That would mean a real democracy thenā€¦Like what we have in Europe.:10:

[QUOTE=ā€œkonan;493719ā€]

You think he would stick to his principles once in power?[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m afraid of(that he wonā€™t).

His dad is the most consistent politician there has ever been lol. Maybe it rubbed off lol. I really believe Ron Paul (his dad) would have stood by his principles.

Rand claims to be a libertarian republican. Heā€™s still for the war on drugs. But progress is progress. His main stance is smaller federal government. Which I like. You donā€™t progress in big leaps its chipping away little by little.

I once heard somebody say, in a nation of *****s, we need a gynecologist for a president :wink:

[QUOTE=ā€œwaterboy;493695ā€]

Not over my head at all. I get what youā€™re saying but even if it was my society and I joined in, what am I saying is that the larger society would prevail over me just as the World did when it said no to Hitler.[/QUOTE]

But for the four years before the world destroyed hitlerā€¦ You would have been killing Jews because thatā€™s what your society dictated at the time.

Yes, but ultimately I would have paid the higher price, with my life as a fallen soldier.

[QUOTE=ā€œwaterboy;493738ā€]

Yes, but ultimately I would have paid the higher price, with my life as a fallen soldier.[/QUOTE]

so in other words you would be guilty of mass murderā€¦ Yet your justification would be ā€œwell everyone else was doing it!ā€

No, my point is that discrimination is usually and rightfully crushed.

The people who discriminated did so at a cost to their life and to the benefit of society.

ā€˜I Will Never Forget the Sheep in the Streets of Londonā€™: Beckā€™s Scathing Rebuke of Londoners Who Stood By During Terror Attack | Video | TheBlaze.com

Indeed, hereā€™s a unique snapshot of why America is different than the rest of the world. Thereā€™s no way we would have just stood there watching what happened, certainly not pulling out cellphones, like this was some celebrity on the street. This also shows the continual corruption of everybody. Bad guy kills soldier. Bad crowd sits around doing nothing about it. I hope they feel shame and guilt! Disgusting! And Britainā€™s reaction? Ooooo, donā€™t offend muslims, just tiptoe around under their thumb. Not happening here in America!

Ever walked the streets of NYC ?

We can agree to make an exception for NYC and Cambridge, and Boulderā€¦and San Franciscoā€¦america haters.
To see what real Americans do when anything bad happens, just look at the tornado in Moore, OK. People were coming in from all over to help, one charity has raised over $1 million, and will donate 100% of it.

Crowd psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Btw, 9/11 first respondersā€¦America haters also?!

Huh? I didnā€™t read the article yet, but pip is referring to people just standing by watching it happen. Nothing to do with first responders.

If he wouldā€™ve tried that in certain places here, he wouldā€™ve been shot. Iā€™ve seen stories of civilians saving shops. More recently I believe there was a mall shooting cut short thanks to a standby-er (thatā€™s a word?)

Can you expand on what youā€™re trying to say about NY (and the other cities) a little more. Iā€™d never been a huge fan of NYC as a Red Sox fan growing up and thinking New Yorkers were overly arrogant. Having worked in NYC the last 15+ years Iā€™ve definitely gained considerable respect for the place and met countless numbers of people who are very quick to help out someone in need.

Oops too many posts.

Just pointing out that there may be some pockets of NYC, etc, that may be unhelpfulā€¦very few.

Konan-you need to read before you type.

We can agree to make an exception for NYC and Cambridge, and Boulderā€¦and San Franciscoā€¦america haters.
To see what real Americans do when anything bad happens, just look at the tornado in Moore, OK.
Your sentiment is clear as day here buddyā€¦People in those cities are ā€œAmerica hatersā€ and ā€œnot real Americansā€ in your opinion. You could elaborate further on why exactly you think this to be true. As far as I know, you might have a good reason to feel this wayā€¦

The shock of witnessing something of the sortā€¦youā€™d have to be there to really understand the reaction.