Political Opinion

What does it say in the Enc. Britannica about Jesus riding on dinosaurs…

[QUOTE=“konan;494286”]What does it say in the Enc. Britannica about Jesus riding on dinosaurs…[/QUOTE]

Yep… A donkeysaurus

Didn’t know where to put this…guess its political. Anyway, more anecdotal evidence that the Gov’t is under reporting inflation in the CPI. It’s not even keeping up with the cost of a Big Mac anymore. Must be those “substitution bias” adjustments. You could be eating McRat instead. Yum!

Big Mac Index Shows Official CPI Underreports Inflation - Forbes

I never said, or implied that they did, just that there is a belief held by many that marriage is far older than religion.

No, the article clearly states marriage - which in a scientific journal - would imply they mean that, and not just monogamous tendencies.

Now whilst modern humans are not descended from Neanderthal they did did live in the same areas for some time.

It can not be known if the humans that came into contact already had marriage when they came into contact with the Neanderthals (I suspect -my thoughts, not scientific consensus, that they did though).

Please provide evidence for your claims that marriage was religious first.

[QUOTE=“Cyco;494446”]

I never said, or implied that they did, just that there is a belief held by many that marriage is far older than religion.

No, the article clearly states marriage - which in a scientific journal - would imply they mean that, and not just monogamous tendencies.

Now whilst modern humans are not descended from Neanderthal they did did live in the same areas for some time.

It can not be known if the humans that came into contact already had marriage when they came into contact with the Neanderthals (I suspect -my thoughts, not scientific consensus, that they did though).

Please provide evidence for your claims that marriage was religious first.[/QUOTE]

The article is assuming monogamous behavior equates to “marriage” … In those terms penguins, pidgeons, and eagles are “married” to huh? You haven’t even provided proof supporting your claim… Lol. You’ve provided an article who’s author is making an assumption about a species that isn’t even the species we are debating to begin with.

Where is the proof for your claim?

[QUOTE=“Cyco;494684”]Where is the proof for your claim?[/QUOTE]

Where is the proof that “everyone knows marriage predates religion”?

Name a culture whose traditional wedding ceremony has historically been 100% void of religion symbolism or reference… And limit it to the human species please.

I can provide multiple sources of proof that marriage pre-dates Christianity. In fact many holidays and ceremonies included in both the new and old testament were around before Christianity.

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;494702”]

I can provide multiple sources of proof that marriage pre-dates Christianity. In fact many holidays and ceremonies included in both the new and old testament were around before Christianity.[/QUOTE]

Then provide the proof lol… We aren’t talking holidays here.

Name a culture whose traditional wedding ceremony has historically been 100% void of religious symbolism or reference…

Btw… Anything mentioned in the Old Testament pre-dates Christianity lol.

Pizza, you were the one who made the initial claim, and have rubbished everyone else.

Show us some proof of your, wild, inaccurate claim.

[QUOTE=“Cyco;494937”]Pizza, you were the one who made the initial claim, and have rubbished everyone else.

Show us some proof of your, wild, inaccurate claim.[/QUOTE]

Name a culture whose traditional wedding ceremony has historically been 100% void of religion symbolism or reference… And limit it to the human species please.

You claimed it was ENTIRELY a religious institution here in post 2221.

Prove it.

[QUOTE=“Cyco;495082”]You claimed it was ENTIRELY a religious institution here in post 2221.

Prove it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is what I said. It is the origins of marriage… Not the concept of monogamy… Of marriage.

whole of USSR for some 70 years or more…what are u arguing here again?

[QUOTE=“konan;495089”]

whole of USSR for some 70 years or more…what are u arguing here again?[/QUOTE]

Lol you are talking out of your butt… You have no idea, just hoping someone will bite on that.

Read through the posts lazy…

Religion :A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny.

hmmm…what predates superstition…it certainly can’t be marriage…Maybe , love?!

I feel like shorting the euro…

[QUOTE=“konan;495093”]Religion :A strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny.

hmmm…what predates superstition…it certainly can’t be marriage…Maybe , love?![/QUOTE]

Love doesn’t necessitate marriage…

Gallup: Majority Says Government Too Powerful | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

how many people do you think make the connection between the welfare state and to much power in government?

54%? but what percent do you think will want to cut anything?

The government dictates how much money you make, your insurance now, when you can retire, how much food you can eat, what house you live in. And by controlling how much money you make (through inflation) they control the car you drive, where you can vacation, or even what kinds of toys or clothes you buy for your kids.