Political Opinion

Don’t worry Clint you’re not on my list of people that [B]I personally know[/B].

PS don’t think you’re on the x-mas card list either, sorry.

Seemed to me that Obama was basically a nobody and then boom president. If you’re one for conspiracy theories :smiley:

"Apparently President Obama can’t see Egypt and Libya from his house. On the anniversary of the worst terrorist attacks ever perpetrated on America, our embassy in Cairo and our consulate in Benghazi were attacked by violent Islamic mobs. In Cairo, they scaled the walls of our embassy, destroyed our flag, and replaced it with a black Islamic banner. In Benghazi, the armed gunmen set fire to our consulate and killed an American staff member. The Islamic radicals claim that these attacks are in protest to some film criticizing Islam.

"In response to this, the U.S. embassy in Cairo issued a statement that was so outrageous many of us thought it must be a satire. The embassy actually apologized to the violent mob attacking us, and it even went so far as to chastise those who use free speech to “hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.” (Funny, the current administration has no problem hurting the “religious feelings” of Catholics.)

"But where is the president’s statement about this? These countries represent his much touted “Arab Spring.” How’s that Arab Spring working out for us now? Have we received an apology yet from our “friends” in the Muslim Brotherhood for the assault on our embassy?

"It’s about time our president stood up for America and condemned these Islamic extremists. I realize there must be a lot on his mind these days – what with our economy’s abysmal jobless numbers and Moody’s new warning about yet another downgrade to our nation’s credit rating due to the current administration’s failure to come up with a credible deficit reduction plan. And, of course, he has a busy schedule – with all those rounds of golf, softball interviews with the “Pimp with the Limp,” and fundraising dinners with his corporate cronies.

"But our nation’s security should be of utmost importance to our Commander-in-chief. America can’t afford any more “leading from behind” in such a dangerous world. We already know that President Obama likes to “speak softly” to our enemies.

“If he doesn’t have a “big stick” to carry, maybe it’s time for him to grow one.”

Sarah Palin

:42:

Some questions the American people should be asking:

• When did the Obama Regime receive intelligence that our Embassies were going to be attacked on 9/11?

• Why did the Embassy in Cairo apologize for “hurting the feelings” of Muslims before the attacks were launched?

• Who made the decision to allow rioters to scale the walls surrounding the Embassy in Cairo?

• Who ordered the Marines guarding the Embassy to stand down?

• Who planned and carried out the murder of four Americans, including the American Ambassador, in Libya?

There’s a lot of reasons this country is declining.

Not all of them are Obama’s fault, and not all of them are Bush’s fault, or any previous president either.

Most of it comes down to just everyday bureaucracies that have been allowed to self manage, and come up with their own definitions.

Let’s take a look at something as simple as collecting rain water. Did you know it is illegal in a lot of states to do just that?

If you live in one of those states, any rain falling on to YOUR property, belongs to the state government it fell in?
Here.

That wasn’t legislated by the Obama administration, it was some boneheaded attempt to control water rights, by some boneheaded bureaucrat that thought he/she had the perfect solution to a problem, because someone somewhere diverted a stream, or made a collection pond that either caused an issue, or made someone jealous.

It’s a small example of a pervasive need to make sure everyone is free, and has equal rights, with the side effect that NOBODY is free, and equality is far from a reality.

Until that attitude changes, (and it won’t, Pandora’s box is wide open) we will be stuck in ever diminishing attempts to create freedoms that get stifled more and more at every turn, because we would be infringing on other’s rights to be allowed to do whatever it is we were attempting.

The more laws there are, the closer to anarchy we become.

If you want to see an absolutely EXCELLENT documentary that shows exactly what I’m talking about in action, watch these in order:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I just read an article noting a US Intelligence bulletin about the overseas violence, and possible spread of it. Especially growing concerns that it could happen here in the continental US.This is a quick, but unsettling excerpt:

Now, a U.S. intelligence bulletin, issued by the FBI and Department of Homeland Security, warns that such extremist violence could become a domestic problem as well.

While the bulletin makes no mention of specific threats, ABC News notes it does caution first responders to be “aware of the potential for spontaneous large crowds and protests that could overwhelm resources.” Personnel should also “be vigilant for possible efforts to encourage peaceful protesters to commit acts of violence.”

Frightening wording there. The perfect opportunity to eliminate things like the OWS protests, under the guise of preventing terror attacks here. Whether you are conservative, or liberal, that should raise a serious alarm for all of us.

Along those same lines — Walid Phares to Newsmax: ‘War With the Jihadists Is On’

Dear Obama,
Is this really your only good idea for stimulating the economy? O goody, I just cant wait.

Americans for Tax Reform : 100 Days Until Taxmageddon

Sincerely,
Burdened working man

I’m betting that only a small portion of that nasty menu will actually be served up.

Here’s something I wrote in another thread — 301 Moved Permanently

The Obama Regime is trashing the American flag

and replacing the Stars and Stripes with

a zero and 5 bloody streaks

Screw you, and your bloody flag, Obama!

Obama Campaign Redesigns American Flag | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

I’m not American …I’m Egyptian… so i’m not with or against Obama … as u mentioned what happened in Cairo … there are points that i want to make clear : 1- Both Muslims & Christians in Egypt refused that insulting movie … 2- Those who attacked the embassy are not “Islamic extremists” … they are paid from the ex-regime tails to make MB look bad … 3- We all refused what happened in Cairo and we feel sorry for what happened in Libya … that’s the facts … what i think is that some-people intended to spread that movie and make use of Muslim’s anger as 9/11 was near … to try to convince the world that Muslims are terrorist and such stories for their political profits … that’s all … nice thread BTW

Quote:

"President Barack Obama delivers his annual address to the United Nations on September 25. Let him take time in that speech to refute and repudiate blasphemy laws. Let him say that he upholds and vindicates free speech as an American right and that he respects and endorses free speech as a universal human right.

Let him say that Americans will be protected in their speech rights against threats of violence from anyone, anywhere. Let him say that if freedom of speech means anything, it means first and foremost the right to criticize orthodoxy, political or religious. Let him say that freedom of speech includes the right to mock, to be rude, to be stupid and to be wrong – because we know that speech that is stupid and wrong will be rebutted, refuted and mocked in its turn.

Not everyone shares the American regard for free speech. That’s their lookout. But the leaders of the United States will not be bullied into compromising their most cherished values – and their most solemn constitutional obligations – by inciters of mobs, by would-be dictators and by overweening street preachers. Let him say that, too."

David Frum

Copied from an e-mail (it’s unusual to get a politically motivated one this lucid):

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature.

It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a… The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 134 years to get it right and it is broke.

b… Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

c…Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d… War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it
right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.

e… Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f… Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g… The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our
dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every “government service” you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Obama would have you believe that peace-loving Muslims attacked American interests overseas on September 11, because they had just seen some inane, amateur YouTube video about Muhammad.

[B]Obama:[/B] “What we do know is that [I]the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video[/I] were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests.”

[B]That’s BS, Obama, and you know it.[/B]

Before the attacks, that stupid YouTube video had been on the internet for at least two months, and nobody had even seen it, until you decided to call attention to it for your own political purpose. You called attention to that video in order to hand a pretext to terrorist hooligans — to justify the attacks they were already planning — attacks which you knew were imminent, and did nothing to defend against.

Terrorist hooligans attacked American interests on 9/11, [B]because it was 9/11.[/B]

You let it happen, and you are criminally responsible for the death and destruction which occurred.

If you had been doing your job, you would have stepped up security around vulnerable American assets abroad — especially assets in places like Egypt and Libya — well in advance of the [B]September 11 anniversary attacks.[/B]

But, you weren’t doing your job. Instead, you were running around the country, collecting money from your gullible supporters — and blaming Bush, and Romney, and YouTube videos, for all your screw-ups.

If [I]anything[/I] occurring in the U.S. over the past several weeks played a part in precipitating the deadly September 11 anniversary attacks, it [B]wasn’t[/B] a YouTube video…

…it was your narcissistic bragging that [B]you[/B] killed bin Laden — [I][B]you[/B] shot him, and he’s dead, and [B]you[/B] did it.[/I]

The terrorist hooligans heard your bragging and got your message. They were chanting “We are [I]all[/I] Osama’s, Obama!”

People have been killed, American property has been destroyed, and America’s reputation in the world has been further damaged, because of your adolescent bragging, and because of your failure to protect American interests abroad.

Man up, Obama, and take responsibility for what you’ve done.

With friends like these does Mitt need enemies?

MITT ROMNEY IS NOT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT - SHARE THIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA - YouTube

watch this video this guy is awesome!

I wish an empty chair did show up to the white house 4 years ago

I personally thought it was like a boxing match - and Romney was Tyson and Obama was the losing opponent. He looked absolutely defeated from the minute it started.

I don’t heavily engage in politics but I did watch this last night (and thought of Clint) since I’d seen the opening post here.

Interesting… Let’s just hope things here in the US better :slight_smile:

But on election day, Romney will be Tyson, and Obama will likely be Buster Douglas.

The rhetoric will be upped considerably the next few weeks. Better get your boots on, it will get thick.

Just think. Two years from now, we’ll be neck deep in the ballyhoo over who will get nominated in 2016. What a joke…

Funny how the last unemployment report before the elections is the best report all year. Wander how much it cost to cook the books? Next month will probably be a horrible report but everyone would have voted by then

Didn’t have to cook the books.

'Tis the season… And there is one more report I think, on Friday, Nov. 2. But again, seasonal hiring will pump those numbers. And the disparity between the government’s unemployed numbers vs. the actual number is staggering: Alternate Unemployment Charts