Political Opinion

Yeah your right there is one more guess I got a little ahead of myself. Interesting chart MT thanks for posting it

ObamaCare summed up in one sentence.

Lots of people are convinced that the books [B]were[/B] cooked.

Defenders of Obama lump all those people into a group called “conspiracy theorists.”

Below are some excerpts from an Associated Press article on the subject.

Keep in mind that [B]this is the AP we’re talking about here.[/B] They can’t even write a correct title for their article.

Their title claims that today’s numbers [B]spawned a conspiracy.[/B]

No, AP, today’s numbers raise suspicions that [B]a conspiracy already exists.[/B]

But, I digress…

[B]Excerpts:[/B]

Conspiracy theorists came out in force after the government reported a sudden drop in the U.S. unemployment rate one month before Election Day. Their message: The Obama administration would do anything to ensure a November victory, including manipulating unemployment data.

The conspiracy erupted after former General Electric CEO Jack Welch, a Republican, tweeted his skepticism five minutes after the Labor Department announced that the unemployment rate had fallen to 7.8 percent in September from 8.1 percent the month before.

“Unbelievable jobs numbers…these Chicago guys will do anything…can’t debate so change numbers,” Welch tweeted, referring to the site of Obama campaign headquarters.

The drop in unemployment was announced two days after Obama’s lackluster performance in his first debate with Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

Welch said later in the day in a Fox News interview: “I don’t know what the right number is, but I’ll tell you, these numbers don’t smell right when you think about where the economy is right now.”

Inquiring minds might say, “Okay, show me the whole article, so I can put those excerpts into context”.

But, there’s a problem — The AP tries to make it impossible to link to their ‘hosted’ stuff — what’s up with that?

Here’s how you can beat their system, at least for the next few hours (until this article sinks out of sight):

Go to — Associated Press — an essentially blank page will come up, with a large AP logo in the upper left.

Click on the big [B]AP logo.[/B] A menu of current articles will come up.

Scroll down to the article titled: “Steep drop in unemployment rate spawns conspiracy” and click on it.

I didn’t see that particular AP article, but I’ve been following the travesty ever since the announcement.

The books weren’t “cooked”. But they’ve been “cooked” for years. Does that make sense? It just so happens this is an election year, so any government numbers that seems helpful to Obama, and unhelpful to Romney will get extra scrutiny.

We haven’t been getting the straight truth from the BLS about the unemployment numbers, and it’s been going on a long time.

I did some looking into past unemployment numbers at election time, and found this cool bunch of stats courtesy of the WSJ. They revealed some interesting things about presidents running for re-election:

George W. Bush (2004) jobless rate: 5.4% Won
Bill Clinton (1996) jobless rate: 5.2% Won
George H.W. Bush (1992) jobless rate: 7.6% Lost
Ronald Reagan (1984) jobless rate: 7.3% Won
Jimmy Carter (1980) jobless rate 7.5% Lost
Gerald Ford (1976) jobless rate 7.6% Lost
Richard Nixon (1972) jobless rate 5.5% Won
Lyndon Johnson (1964) jobless rate 5.1% Won
Dwight Eisenhower (1956) jobless rate 3.9% Won

And here’s an interesting one for eligible incumbent presidents:

George W. Bush 4.2% vs. 5.4% (+1.2) Won
Bill Clinton 7.3% vs. 5.2% (-2.1) Won
George H.W. Bush 5.4% vs. 7.6% (+2.2) Lost
Ronald Reagan 7.5% vs. 7.3% (-0.2) Won
Jimmy Carter 7.5% vs. 7.5% (even) Lost
Gerald Ford 3.4% vs. 5.5% (+2.1) Lost

Here’s the upshot. Although the numbers have improved, no president in YEARS has had a successful go at re-election with an unemployment rate as high as today’s number.

Now the kicker. I don’t know if any of you looked at the actual jobs report, but the biggest addition of jobs was… drum roll

Government jobs.

If there’s a conspiracy theory anywhere, look there.

Where’s my Obama phone? I need to call my bookie.

Thats what I tried to sate earlier with NFP dropping like that but unemployment. Hell just consider everyone on walfare a salary employee and watch the number fall. Oh I may have wanted to wait till after the elections to give out that idea lol. Also make you wander how many lobysts and other that got hired onto Obamas campaign trail :33: and they said you cant buy votes :54:

More on the phony jobs numbers —

[B]Excerpts:[/B]

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) will unveil a massive downward revision to its surprisingly strong September jobs report after November’s elections, said billionaire real-estate mogul Donald Trump.

"Former General Electric Chairman Jack Welch said the numbers were wrong, strongly suggesting the government had fiddled with the data.

“Trump agreed, arguing the numbers were off and adding that Welch was right.”

[B]Article:[/B]

Trump: Rosy Jobs Data Will Be Revised Down After Elections

Yes, well, who could be more credible than Donald Trump…

If you thought giving Obama the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize (for doing nothing) was stupid, well, the geniuses who award these things have done their best to come up with an even stupider selection:

The 2012 Nobel Peace Prize …goes to…[I]the European Union?[/I]

…Yup, the European Union, he’s our man!

Since they’re now awarding Peace Prizes to things other than individual human beings, I think the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize should have been awarded to the M1 Rifle. But, I digress…

So, what about poor Obama? Does he just get ignored? (You know how he hates that!)

As Obama goes [I]all in[/I] trying to win another term [I]of doing nothing,[/I] the Nobel Committee in Sweden has been wracking their brains trying to figure out how to award him [I]another[/I] Nobel Prize. (Obama, you see, is [I]really[/I] their man.)
And they’ve come up with a brilliant idea:

[B]A new Nobel Prize has been created, just for Obama:[/B]

The 2012 Nobel Prize for Economic Fraud and Geo-political Fantasy

In the [B]likely[/B] event that Obama fails to win [B]a second term of doing nothing,[/B] the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences says that’s okay, he can keep his Fantasy Prize. Nobody else would want it, anyway.

LOL, I couldn’t agree more.

It also fascinates me how the pathetic Nobel committee tried to make amends for annoying China last year by giving the Peace price to Ai Wei Wei. So, this year they gave the Nobel price for literature to… wait for it… a Chinese nobody who used to write praise about Mao. Oh yes, I’m ashamed to be a Swede today.

Well since the bar has been lowered to get one I guess I could be nominated for starting a thread about shorting the aussie into extinction :smiley:

I thought that was why I let you on my thread lol

The funniest comment I’ve heard about today’s Peace Prize announcement was this:

The Runner-Up for the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize is —

Antarctica - a continent that has always been at peace

Speaking of Antarctica, I just ran across this time-zone factoid: The South Pole went onto Daylight Saving Time on September 30.
They’ve got some impressive daylight saving going on down there: [B]the sun never sets between September and March[/B] at the South Pole !

Vice President Joe Bizarro

goes off his meds — and comes unhinged

\“A Time for Choosing\” by Ronald Reagan Reagan 1964 it’s like he predicted the future.

Mitt and Ann Romney at the Al Smith Dinner in New York

[Mitt Romney’s speech at the Al Smith Dinner]](YouTube)

“The suggestion that…anybody on my team would play politics or mislead,
when we’ve lost four of our own, Governor, is offensive.”

Oh, it’s much more than just “offensive”, Obama.

The fact that you and your “team” —

• lied about, and covered up, the cause of the Benghazi terrorist attack,

• lied about, and covered up, the failure of your administration to secure and protect our Consulate, and

• lied about, and covered up, documented details of the attack provided to you by the CIA and the State Dept

— these facts are much more than just “offensive”. These facts constitute criminal behavior.

In the language of the Constitution (which you despise), these are [I][B]high crimes and misdemeanors.[/B][/I]

Tell me, Obama, do you know the proper term for someone who lies? — It’s [I][B]liar.[/B][/I]

That’s what you are, Obama. You’re a damned liar.

You would be impeached before Christmas, were it not for the fact that you will be [I][B]gone[/B][/I] in exactly three months.

:42:

Article II, Section 4, of the Constitution of the United States

“The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,
shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of,
Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Yep good movie :-D. Obama is basically and anti colonialist and is mad at America for taking other country’s resources. He’s trying to redistribute not just within America but to the world. Even the poorest Americans are well of compared to their world country’s.

His 7 “founding fathers” ideals also very very interesting. I don’t kno about everyone else but a lot of times I take on the traits of some of my friends just by being around them. Wouldn’t growing up and being influenced have even greater impact. “You’re the average of the five closest people to you”

If so Clint, then why hasn’t George W Bush been impeached yet for the lies used by his administration to attack and invade Iraq?

Interesting question.

Everything Bush did he did with enough Democratic support so that he couldn’t be impeached. The Democrats voted with him on the war resolution so they couldn’t vote to impeach him. At least that is how I remember it but I was young then (21 now).