Political Opinion

Are you a Biden supporter?

1 Like

Because they were too smart to elect this

1a2

1 Like

Isn’t it strange how we polarize politics.

Democrat or Republican
Trump or Biden
Left or Right
Tory or Labour

You cannot be both or neither - it’s one or the other.

In the US the Northern Irish conflict is likewise capsuled into Catholic or Protestant - you cannot be both or neither.

Many years ago an old man, a friend of mine told me this story, it occurred before 1921 thus before the Irish war of Independence.

The old (then young) man was walking down a street in Belfast with his friend, the old man was Catholic and his friend was Protestant.

Suddenly 2 men with guns confronted them - are you Catholic or Protestant they barked.

My friend instinctively knew what to say - ‘we are Catholics’ he shouted.

‘So then’ barked the lead gunman ‘say the Hail Mary in Irish’.

In those times most Catholics could pray in Irish and no Protestants knew a word of the ‘Hail Mary’ let alone a word of Irish.

The Catholic man nudged is friend with his elbow, then he recited the prayer with his friend murmuring in unison.

The armed men let them go.

Real story with real meaning - politics need not be binary.

2 Likes

I’m just curious how people ignore his obvious cognitive decline. Polarizing politics sells advertising and raises money by the boatloads.

I think the political situation of 1921 Northern Ireland makes 2020 Washington, DC look tame.

Not much of a choice, was it. And an even worse choice this time around (although at least Sanders is out)
A bit like running out of toilet paper and having to choose between wiping your backside with your right hand or your left hand. Either way, you still end up with a handful of s###

1 Like

I must disagree, voting for Trump was a vote against the Deep State/CIA while a vote for Hillary was a vote for the Deep State/CIA and no doubt by now under Hillary, Syria would had suffered the same faith as Libya and there would be public slave auctions in downtown Damascus.

You are correct about Sanders,

1 Like

Serious question - what is the Deep State? Democrats? Any life long politician? Any left-leaning politician? Any politician/Fed employee that doesn’t agree with the President? The government as a whole? Leakers?

I find it amusing this term seems to mean anything and everything, it gets thrown around to include Hillary, illegals, immigrants I guess. It’s just another thing to be afraid of. And just for confirmation, the Deep State/CIA can’t be trusted unless it provides support to the President, right? Every negative action/report that puts a bad light on the administration is the Deep State conspiracy to ultimately remove the president?

1 Like

Who do you mean, Biden or Trump?

i don’t think there’s evidence that the Clintons are in favour of anyone except the Clintons.

But by the same token, is there any evidence Trump is for anyone (such as the American people) except Trump?

1 Like

Do you deny there has been a well organized political coup against the President of the United States over the last 3 years, starting with the hoax of Russiagate and ending with an farce of an Impeachment over a phone call. You can close your eyes to the existence of the Deep State but their actions are unmistakable. It dose not seem to matter if we have a Republican or Democrat in the office the CIA and Military Industrial Complex keeps every President moving towards war and building an ever larger Military. I can go on and on with example after example but if you can’t see it then this conversation is a bit pointless. Take your blue pill and return to the Matrix

2 Likes

The “investigative” arm of the Deep State uses its magnifying glass

cartoon - 47

1 Like

Biden of course.

Throughout the pandemic news conferences I thought Trump did an outstanding job. I would bet he answered more questions over the course of the first week (mostly antagonistic gottcha’s) than Obama did during his two terms. Biden can’t put a coherent response together. Here’s part of his response in a recent interview:

“I’m absolutely positive that no one that I’m aware of ever was been made aware of any complaint, a formal complaint made by or complaint by Tara Reade against me at the time this allegedly happened 27 years ago or until the I announced for pres — well I guess it was April or May of this year.”

1 Like

How times change

Markaria, you are really good at pointing hypocrisy by pulling up old tweets. Can you pull a few from the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, you know the ones where democrats said you must believe women, and what those same dems are saying now it is Biden being accused

and as a side project how about some tweets or statements from the World Health Organization from back in January and February when they were down playing the virus and covering for China

thanks, I look forward to what you come up with

Dennis.
In the unlikely event that Biden becomes president, I will watch his briefings, tweets, etc, and if he also proves to be a lying, narcissistic, hypocritical bulls###er like Trump I will oblige.
If, as I expect, he loses the election then he will be just another loser consigned to the wastelands of history and forgotten quicker than you can say “fake news”

1 Like

Sometimes a 2-party system is little better than a 1-party system. Does the US need a 3rd choice, and where would it fit in? To the right of the Republicans, to the left of the Democrats, or somewhere between,

2 Likes

That’s not really an answer though. Who is “their actions”? So both Repubs and Dems and the military and intelligence community?

while there are far too many that vote the party no matter who, Americans mostly hate Washington DC and have a history of voting for the most anti-Washington candidate for President, that is why of the last seven presidents 4 were Governors, 1 VP, 1 Senator and 1 Business man. Everyone of those 7 presidents ran on a " I can fix Washington" platform. Biden is running on a Washington is wonderful platform, that is why he has already lost.

Any 3rd party is going to have a tough time as most Democrats that say they want a third choice mostly want a government that takes care of them from cradle to grave, while most 3rd party Republicans want a government that stays out of their lives. I am not sure how one person can bridge that gap but only a 3rd party that can pull 20% from both the right and left will have a chance to beat the establishment

1 Like

The US has a fierce pride in its independent nature - it was the first and greatest nation to secede from the British Empire and the American project succeeded beyond all possible dreams of those 18th century gentlemen.

But that’s also its curse - distrust and disrespect for any central authority. At any cost. Still not one nation.

3 Likes