Political Opinion

Yeah, it is a very slow process, given those countries.

What’s your immigration process like.

The process is very slow and I’ve heard its because of the illegal immigration. My friend’s wife actually got her citizenship a few weeks ago… 10 years later.

I think the finger points in the wrong direction there.

Our country is lock stock and barrel wrapped up by the investment of huge corporations that play political interests against one another. They dictate foreign policy actions, and lobby for special favors.

Politics is a big business, because it IS big business. I think in his heart Obama means well. And so does Romney. The problem is, whomever is in charge is at a disadvantage right off the bat. They are walking into situations created by years of political figures being in backed by hidden deals. I’m sure it would be shocking to find out the truth behind some of our foreign policy decisions.

That being said, nobody in their right mind would ever want to be president. That takes a mighty big ego.

I’ve talked face to face with quite a few people who were heavy into politics but got out because of the amount of corruption. I won’t mention their names or what exactly they told me, but it is extremely ****ed up. The amount of corruption in our government from black mailing, buying votes, and murder to name a few, is absurd. That’s my primary reason for wanting to leave this country.

I don’t know if there are any other countries that aren’t in the same position we’re in, but I’ve had enough here and I haven’t even been here that long. I’m also pretty tired of having to feed and support lazy asses. The view of the American dream went from freedom and prosperity to sit on your ass and let someone else provide for you. No wonder so many wealthy people want to find tax loopholes.

I generally agree with that, but what would have made him appoint a lobbyist for Raytheon as deputy secretary of defense? Kind of funny to, because he said something to the effect that lobbyist’s will not run his white house.

I don’t see how dropping bombs is good business. A bomb is not a product that changes hands. They are literally blowing up money.

Don’t you know blowing up your customers is bad for business. :wink:

I imagine it can go deeper than my understanding.

I told a guy here from the UK some of the crap that happens here and he doesn’t believe me. That’s a pretty good indication to me that we aren’t the free country we’re supposed to be.

Do you know where you would move to?

“After we win this election, it’s our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be heck to pay. Congress won’t be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go.” - Valerie Jarrett - Obama’s senior adviser. “The brain of Obama”

Obama means well

lol

Personally I like Germany a lot because I traveled there when I was younger and the country is very nice. I also have some family there that I would like to see again.

Honestly, I had no idea what exactly was happening until my friend told me and I was astonished. Of course I thought politics was at least a little corrupt but it is truly unbelievable until you hear it first hand from a reliable source.

I imagine they have the same problem we do, dont they?

I’m sure they do but I’d rather have the same problem in Germany than the US right now. And, after a few years, I’ll move somewhere else I’m sure.

Master Tang,

I have to agree with you on that! I recently saw the movie “Argo” loosely based on the 1979 Iran hostage crisis. At the time I was only 21 and remember what a big deal it was but didn’t fully understand the crisis, I was too busy drinking beer chasing skirts.

So after seeing the movie in an attempt to learn and understand more about the complicated US v Iranian relationship from 1979 to 2012 I decided to do some google research about the 1979 hostage crisis

As much as I love my country, what I found wasn’t very pretty. 1953 Iranian coup d’état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You probably didn’t know we created al qaeda.

Yep. I hope people start to figure out that we are not hated because we are “Rich and Free” we are hated because of the policies that take place behind the scenes in both Democrat and Republican administrations.

Also, a lot of people forget that during the Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s we were giving aid to Saddam Hussein. We provided him with weapons, money and Intel.

Also, I’m sure the Iranian government garnished a lot of support and hatred towards the United States after the Navy shot down Iran Air Flight 655 killing 290 Iranian citizens.

(Iranian Postage Stamp depicting the event)

We gave money to the families of the victims, however I doubt the money made them feel a lot better about us.

Also, the Iranians feel like they are about to be invaded. Their government hypes it up all the time and it’s no wonder why. We have military bases almost totally surrounding them. How would we feel if in 2001 the Chinese went to war with Canada and then 3 years later invaded Mexico? That’s probably how they felt after we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. It’s no wonder they want to build up their military.

Also, those Iranian nuclear scientists that are randomly getting blown up by car bombs and those random explosions in military bases probably aren’t accidents.

The U.S. is going straight down the toilet.

Thanks to Barry Barack Hussein Soetoro Obama — or whatever-the-hell his real name is.

Scripture tells us, The meek shall inherit the earth.

In the next world, surely. But, not in [I]this[/I] world.

Clearly, in this world…

…these cretins shall inherit the earth.

Or, at least, the U.S. portion of the earth.

[QUOTE=wigglez;41831

I don’t see how dropping bombs is good business. A bomb is not a product that changes hands. They are literally blowing up money.

[/QUOTE]

It’s not about who gets blown up, they aren’t spending any money on them. It’s about who buys them to drop.

And that unfortunately seems to be the good 'ole USA.

Here’s the projected value for one small segment of the arms boondoggle: Missile market to reach $13.3b in ten years | SmartPlanet

Now, if that’s just one portion, how much do you think the aggregate would be?

War is big business. So are privatized prisons. So, you can throw logic out the window where those two industries are concerned, because some of the biggest lobbyist budgets in Washington are involved in both of those businesses. Read this: W A M M !

Where’s the solution at this point? I have no clue. I do think that imposing term limits on congress would help. Getting fresh faces elected would help immensely to stave off corruption. And the positions the president chooses for cabinet posts would be another area to target to get a turnover ratio going. Guys like Leon Panetta, who has had three different appointed posts over the last almost 19 years. They weren’t consecutive, but he’s been involved in Washington politics from all the way back to the Nixon administration.

We can’t have that built in lifetime of “servitude”. Having completely new faces in there would hopefully foster a “stranger danger” mentality, and eliminate some of that political nepotism that builds up when the relationships last longer than most marriages.

And they need to stop appointing people like Geithner, and the Bernanke that are insiders in places like GS, and Morgan, and the Fed.

There are loads of politically savvy, and extremely intelligent guys that could fill those shoes without the strings attached. People like Reggie Middleton, or John Williams (if you don’t know who John Williams is, search “shadowgovernment.com”. And while we’re on this, how did Geithner ever even get approved for the post? That has NEVER seemed like an honest thing to me.

So here we go. Brand new election, nothing has changed. And the threat by Valerie Jarrett is not much different than any of the stupidity that should-be-felon Carl Rove spouts. We are a divided nation. Look at the popular vote. Within just a couple million. That’s not a clear majority. Party politics is dooming us to a civil fracture, like none that has ever been seen.

And that brings us back to the start of this rant… Only the bombs will hit a lot closer to home. We saw a taste of it in the “occupy” movement. I loved this Obama quote during the Tahrir Square. He said: “I want to be very clear in calling upon the Egyptian authorities to refrain from any violence against peaceful protest. The people of Egypt have rights that are universal. That includes the right to peaceful assembly and association, the right to free speech, and the ability to determine their own destiny. These are human rights. And the United States will stand up for them everywhere.”

Yeah… Everywhere, but here.

All that being said, yes. I believe that at the root every public official has an ideal they believe in, and want to help people. However, that gets corrupted somewhere along the way. By the time a person makes it to the national arena, they stand a good chance of not being able to be effective, because they have accumulated such a long list of favors they owe to people that helped them attain the position, they are now rendered completely useless to any real needs of the constituency. They’ll vote for the donating interests every time.

Sheldon Adelson spent over $70,000,000 on national republican political donations. Don’t you think he’d ask for a favor here and there if Romney had won?

Harry Reid is one of my state’s senators. He was extremely instrumental in blocking the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste project. In spite of a favorable public opinion because of the jobs, and money it would have brought into the state, he overruled the majority of the constituency in favor of trying to kill it altogether, and has succeeded so far.

Yep, that’s being a democratic public servant alright.

Politicians, and TV preachers. Both cut from the same cloth. And if you ever want to know who is behind something, follow the money trail.

Clint, you might get a kick out of this. I thought it was pretty amusing.

Thanks for the links.

Eisenhower did warn us about the military industrial complex

And that was well after many other US actions.

This is by no means a complete list of the US meddling in the Middle East, but it will help you understand even better why the anti American sentiment is off the charts there: U.S. Intervention in the Middle East

One of the greatest speeches ever. And frighteningly accurate.

Well now I know why all my other business ideas have failed. They all worked so well in the beginning then kaboom up in smoke. I guess I know why now