Political Opinion

Are you serious?

Do you know at this school there was absolutely nobody, no teachers, no cops, nobody who had a gun before this kid walked in there and started lighting it up? There were no cops there, a school nurse called 911 and then hid in a closet.
When the cops arrived and the shooter saw one, he turned the gun on himself.

You don’t seem to have the common sense to be able to connect the simple dots that had a teacher been armed, or at least the principle, they could have plugged this nut before he killed more people.

Just a few days ago, some idiot tried to start shooting people at a movie theatre in San Antonio, TX. He only got off one shot before someone with conceal carry, who happened to be off-duty sherriff deputy, dropped him with just one shot.

One shot from a 2nd amendment protected, law abiding citizen can save 10, 20 30 lives.

I know, australia doesn’t even have handguns in it’s borders. Kinda hard to smuggle arms across 1000s of miles of water. So, I understand it may be kind of hard for you to imagine.

By the way, the shooter used handguns. The bushmaster rifle he stole from his mom never was brought into the school, they found it in the stolen automobile. All the media is doing is making it up about rifles.

Pipcompounder,

With all due respect, have you ever shot and killed someone with a gun? Have you ever been trained in law-enforcement? Have you ever even served in the military, maybe the boy scouts? Or are you just a big mouth know-it-all? :42:

Hahahaa

Wow. How did he end up in office?

If you need an assault rifle,

consider a

Surplus FAST & FURIOUS AK-47

left over from Obama’s Fast and Furious Mexican gun-running operation

U.S. Gov’t surplus price: $600.
(certified checks only, payable to: Obama/Holder Slush Fund)

These are new, Russian-designed, Romanian-built, fully-automatic assault rifles.

These AK-47’s have not (yet) been sold to any Mexican drug cartel,
and they have not (yet) been used in the murder of any U.S. Border Patrol agent.

For more information, or to order, call:

The White House
(202) 456-1414

Ask for:

Director of Surplus AK-47 Sales
Office of Fast and Furious Weapons Distribution

Mention OFFER CODE BARACK for a 10% discount!

:42:

May I ask why?

You seem to be missing the point that if a teacher wanted to cause harm they would bring a gun in regardless.

Get rid of firearms = no more firearm related homicides. Well yeah, sounds good. Problem is, it’s impossible. Do you believe gang bangers just walk up in a legit gun store and purchase a weapon legally? People can still get a gun regardless if it is illegal for them to do so. People with ill-intent will then use that gun to do harm.

Prohibition didn’t keep the alcohol out.
Drug laws don’t keep the drugs out.
I can say with 100% certainty that gun ban won’t keep the guns out.

I don’t believe we really need armed teachers. To me, the best idea would be to keep a full time police officer at our schools. My school had one.

I don’t think he’s talking out of his bum. You don’t think Joel Myrick stopped more people from being killed? It’s a good thing that guy disobeyed the school gun free zone. I wonder if he could have saved more lives had he not had to get his gun from his car.

Here in Texas, we conceal carry…there are certain laws in place regarding this, about what you can do, what you can and can’t say…for instance you can’t just say, “I’ve got a gun”.
But we have a small school which has certain teachers who are always armed, concealled, nobody but the admin knows who they are, they are trained, carefully selected. The reason is the town doesn’t even have local law enforcement. People feel very comfortable sending their kids there. Google this if you want the full story.

You didn’t answer my questions, so I’ll assume your reply would be no, no, no and yes I am just a big mouth know-it-all.

Just as I thought, you’re all hat no cowboy!

99% of law enforcement officers have not shot anyone… I guess they shouldn’t carry guns.

Most law enforcement officers haven’t served in the military or been in the Boy Scouts (99% of Boy Scouts and maybe 99% of active duty military personal haven’t shot anyone either)… So again I guess they shouldn’t carry guns.

No you aren’t a big mouth know it all… Just a typical liberal. watches as D-pip drives off in his Prius with a “coexist” bumper sticker on the back

How about later this afternoon I take a pic of my bumper sticker and post it for you? :wink:

I’ll view it! I bet it’s rainbow themed huh…

Hmm, I think you guys might be missing something else.

The idea wasn’t to force teachers to carry. It was to [B]allow[/B] them to.

Those who go through the trouble of getting a concealed carry permit are the more law abiding people.

My bumper sticker. :wink:

correcto!
And those who want to commit crimes don’t care about breaking laws to obtain and use weapons…ie, guns

Well well… Nothing will change if you ask me. Just keep doing what you doing and hope the crazy people don’t go buying guns…smh

Dammit… I was debating if I wanted to go with a Subaru or a Prius for stereotypical liberal car.

Well I approve of the bumper sticker at least… A cynic may wonder if getting out of a ticket is a motivation for a sticker like that though… Hmmmm

Lets see the other half of the bumper… The “coexist” sticker may still be there

Subas are good in the snow,
what you can’t see is my “Save The Whales” sticker, it’s a few feet to the right out of the frame. :smiley:

Not sure what you’re getting at.

The argument is, if we do change, the crazy people are still going to buy guns.

Heck, we don’t even have to smuggle weapons, what with 3d printers now. Drug dealer can make their product at home, and gun dealers could do the same, if the market was opened up to do this

Every Subaru owner looks like a malnourished vegetarian to me… All pale, weak and unhappy looking… I just want to take them outside in the sun and feed them a burger. shhhh… It’s ok, your safe now

People who think that a handgun is a magical talisman to ward away evil ARE living in a dream world. It’s a tool to stop fights. If you can’t draw it quickly and, if necessary, fire, then it isn’t really doing you any good. Just having the thing on your person accomplishes nothing. Plenty of people who carry actually DO know what we’re doing though, so the sweeping generalization is most unappreciated.

Experience shooting people is a moot argument IMO. Before deployment soldiers don’t have experience shooting people. You are aware that in many cities now, law enforcement can fail qualifications and still become officers right? Look at the Empire State building shooting. Cops shot 9 civilians in the process. Putting on a badge does not make someone a “trained professional” anymore than taking a year of German in high school makes you a “fluent interpreter”.

And besides, the police are not there to protect you. They are there to enforce the law according to SCOTUS.

There are plenty of teachers that love 2A and already have ccw permits, but aren’t going to bring their guns because they don’t want to get in serious trouble for violating the gun free zone rules. Only Criminals can violate those… There are a few examples of principles and faculty running to their cars and grabbing guns during mass shootings, and prematurely ending the shootings. Imagine if they were allowed to keep their guns on hand.

Also, allowing teachers to lawfully carry their handguns serves as a deterrent. Maybe only 1 of them, or none of them chose to exercise their right, but the Criminal doesn’t know that. They go for the path of least resistance when they are trying to kill masses of people. They don’t want resistance and many times when these nuts are faced with resistance they just turn their guns on themselves, like in the Oregon mall a few weeks ago. (Thankfully the CCW holder broke the Mall’s gun free zone)

As I mentioned before. Utah allows teachers, faculty and college students over the age of 21 to conceal handguns, therefore the schools in Utah are not gun free zones. Utah has the highest rate of depression in the country and yet they haven’t had ANY school shootings. If there was a place where a mass shooting would happen, I imagine it would be in the state where the most people are depressed. (Because of the higher altitudes)

Gun Free Zones are the problem. I don’t understand why it is so taboo to talk about this, considering the fact that Every Single Mass Shooting has taken place in an area where guns are prohibited, with the sole exception of the Tuscon shooting. But my friend informed me that Tuscon has some pretty tough gun laws and the Safeway was a gun free zone as well.

And yes, the Ft. Hood shooting was a gun free zone as well. Domestic Military bases are gun free zones unless you are on the range or learning about how to operate guns.

But yes, If you are deathly afraid of teachers having guns, that is fine… Just realize that after the mass shooting there will be hundreds of cops armed with guns that are even “scarier”.