Political Opinion

I don’t personally believe the Mayan calendar spells a sudden end of the world, but I am really starting to agree with the premise it’s the beginning of the end, a paradiagm shift. Here are some of the recent events that makes me think this, and please add more to the list as you think of them…

1. Not just the occurance of mass murders in recent times, but the reaction of the public: to surrender themselves to the control of someone else. This includes the cryout for gun control, which is at a level never before, where news is not reported, but emotional imperious demands are made for the 2nd amendment to be scrapped. Many gun manufactures and stores and places where they are sold are giving in, the NRA is posed to concede to lies, even as their membership suddenly skyrockets at record pace, over 8,000 new members a day.

2. Obamacare is just around the corner to final implementation, and it’s goal: to put every private health insurance company out of business, along with as many small businesses as possible, to create a larger pool of unemployed on never-ending welfare, and never ending Democrat power. And of course, take as much money out of everybody’s pockets as possible.

3. Just today, the NYSE was sold to an investment company for about $8 billion. An icon of free market capitalism, it may continue to operate, but symbolizes the beginning of the end very accurately. You know it won’t be run the same. Things won’t change instantly, but are changing much faster for the worse than before. Frank-Dodd rules coming into full effect, the aim again at everybody, while lying that they are protecting them.

4. Fiscal cliff…I think everybody knows we are already well over this, and a huge collapse is just a matter of time, which has been shortened…the ground is looming nearer…

5. Benghazi…the state department says, while there should have been security (it was on strike for “wages and benefits”), it’s nobody’s fault. No accountability. A massive coverup for an easily impeachable offense.

add your own please.

I don’t think that’s what mayan calendar is all about. I believe it’s just the end of the calendar like december is the end of ours.

Your right, but it has a significant parallel with the change of culture America is experiencing.

I forgot to list the obvious printing of money by the Fed, which now is $87 billion per month, over a trillion a year…this won’t end.

Hi Pipcompounder,
This is a great list. One I would add – Implications for the future of the State of Israel. Whatever our personal beliefs, we recognize that Jerusalem, being “ground zero” for three of the world’s greatest religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam…is the world’s powder keg. Interestingly, certain denominations/sects within all three of these religions predict some kind of final cosmic showdown in the “Valley of Jehoshaphat”, which is the Kidron Valley just south east of Jerusalem. No reason to dwell on that here. But most people would agree that things are more unstable in the region now than at any time since the 1967 Six Day War. Perhaps Israel’s fragile alliances especially with Egypt were destined to fail eventually, but Obama has only hastened their demise. We also know that Israel will defend her sovereignty at all costs, including nuclear war. While there’s no way to accurately predict how many nations would eventually be drawn into such a conflict, the devastation to already weakened western economies might be enough to throw us into a global depression (unlike the “controlled depression” we have now). Worst case, I guess it could turn out to be “the big one” after all. I sincerely hope not!

How did Obama hasten there demise?

Indeed, that is an important, unraveling event, as elections are next February. Syria will eventually fall to the Muslim Brotherhood, Jordan is on the precipice of the same, and it will be 1948, 1954, 1967…etc, all over again. I was ironically, just reading about the first few wars of Israel the other night, and it felt like I was reading today’s newspapers again. Nothing has changed, essentially. Egypt gave it a break for awhile, thanks to Murbarak, but that’s now overwith. Israel basically came back as a state right into war in 1948. Crazy. It won’t end until The End.

wigglez- Obama’s admin is very cold towards Israel, and too supportive of her enemies, namely Hamas, among others. Just do some googling.

Hey Wigglez, sorry I forgot to hit reply with quote…

Anyway, to answer your question:
By not encouraging a more gradual transition from the corrupt Mubarack regime rather than revolution. It’s chaos over there now and the ones assuming control are increasingly hostile to Israel. That’s democracy you say, but it was never just about Egypt. I mean this is the Middle East not Pago Pago. Events have the potential to drag the USA into yet another bloody conflict. Nobody wants that for sure.

Of course, seeing what happened in Benghazi, it’s hard to say how much of the administration’s lack of leadership is intentional versus sheer bureaucratic incompetence. But either way Obama has not contributed anything to stability in the middle east. He’s far more concerned with appeasing the tree huggers and helping to re-direct cheap, friendly energy from Canada over to China, than the sublime nuances of avoiding nuclear war.

Ann Coulter on the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting —

“If what we care about is saving the lives of innocent human beings by reducing the number of mass public shootings and the deaths they cause, only one policy has ever been shown to work: concealed-carry laws. On the other hand, if what we care about is self-indulgent grandstanding, and to hell with dozens of innocent children being murdered in cold blood, try the other policies.” — Ann Coulter

Ann Coulter - December 19, 2012 - WE KNOW HOW TO STOP SCHOOL SHOOTINGS

:42:

If you care about this country, support concealed-carry laws in your state.

If you can pass a background check, and if you have the courage and determination to intervene in deadly situations,
apply for a concealed-carry permit, complete the training, and become part of a growing army of armed citizens
who are feared by criminals and would-be mass-murderers.

:42:

I’m of the opinion we shouldn’t be meddling in their affairs at all.

Tree huggers are morons. If they just sat down for a minute and calculated how much land it would take to power the u.s. with solar thermal, they’d realize its not exactly green.

I was thinking instead of teachers having to carry concealed weapons, have a full time police officer in the school. We had one back in the school I graduated from.

They are already seizing land, thanks to Mr. Salazar, to do just exactly this, and they have no problem at all doing it.

did you know, thanks to the Fed’s printing money, a penny costs two pennies to mint? The gov’t is now deciding on which metal to replace pennies and nickels (which cost $0.11 to mint one)…and they’re having a hard time…LOL!

I’ve never been a big conspiracy theorist. But I did read last might about JFK trying to do something about the federal reserve. Also all someone said something to me about Obama following hitlers plan to become a dictator. Some of these shootings could be part of a plan to gain more power.

Yeah, I’m no conspiracy theorist either, but it is hard to ignore them.

I find it interesting that the aurora and newton shooters dads were both involved in libor scandal.

Yes, and in the case of Egypt, this meddling has come mainly in the form of financial aid (aka bribery). Here’s an interesting article on the subject:

F.A.Q. on U.S. Aid to Egypt: Where Does the Money Go—And Who Decides How It’s Spent? - ProPublica

The truth is Egypt gets the most US foreign aid of any nation except for Israel. And this aid has continued uninterrupted no strings attached, despite the ongoing regime change in the country. Obama could have used these funds to try to influence a more gradual transition in the country, but ignored the opportunity. So, we have the Muslim Brotherhood assuming control of Egypt. Though outwardly polite, they have little regard for Israel. Soon the alliance will not be worth the paper it is printed on, increasing the chances of regional conflict. And the good 'ole US of A is still footing the bill. America the imperialists? No. America the saps? Apparently.

Oh God, I have a sad little collection of silver dollars sitting on my book shelf, hearkening back to the days when a dollar would feed a family of four at a moderately priced restaurant.

But no worries. Every time inflation threatens to rear its ugly head, they just re-invent the the inflation measure to make it go away. Enter the “Chained CPI” as the latest gimmick to find “savings” in the budget. You know I’ve been following the CPI for many years and never read about an economist that thought this indicator was “too generous”. Now suddenly the politicians are parading an army of PhDs saying the new Chained CPI will more accurately reflect consumer purchases.

There have already been several changes to the CPI calculation since the mid 80’s that have drastically reduced its sensitivity to inflation. The article below discusses how the CPI has been de-sensitized over the years.

Why Reported Inflation Seems Different Than Reality | Lance Roberts | FINANCIAL SENSE

This chart taken from the article says it all with a picture…

You know Congress first instituted the COLA the year after Nixon took us off the gold standard. The answer here is obvious: we need CURRENCY STABILITY NOT CURRENCY DEBASEMENT. Ron Paul understood this quite well. Romney would have at least made sure the next Fed Reserve Chairman was more hawkish. But of course we got the Suckers Prize – 4 more years of Obama and a devil-dove Federal Reserve.

But check out the chart. Using the original CPI calculation method, inflation is running at about 9 percent right now. Sneaky politicians. Sneaky BLS.

Since the majority of America can’t handle long data sheets or cumbersome statistics, and is totally reliant on soundbites and pictures…

Guys, I have never been a conspiracy theorist. Lately I keep running across these people online who claim the shooting was all planed by the government. What a load of crock, right? Here is an article on whats being wispered around the web. Check out the youtube links at the end of the article… I didn’t get through all of them because they had my skin crawling.
URGENT UPDATE on Connecticut Shooting � Short Little Rebel

So what do you think? Crack pot conspiracy or is there something fishy going on with this whole shooting.

LMAO!

Thanks for that!

For the serious side, no I don’t believe it was a conspiracy. I also heard that the shooting in Aurora was a conspiracy. And there were several angles to that. One was convoluted as all hell, and another was stating that James Holmes’ dad was some big time algo trading programmer that was going to blow the whistle on the LIBOR scandal, and now wouldn’t be able to testify.

All you have to do to understand theorists is watch this video:

But when you have genius minds like this guy running the country, it’s easy to see why everyone looks for a bogeyman behind every contrail.

Well, that’s a fascinating coincidence with what’s going on with the LIBOR scandal and UN small arms/gun control treaty. Second shooter, eh? Strange.

To almost all non-residents of the USA your desire to increase gun numbers seems totally insane.

If the only way to feel safe with your kids at school is for a kindergarten teacher to be carrying a gun in the classroom then there is no way I’d want a child of mine (I don’t currently have any) anywhere near such a school.

I have also seen posted that if 3 or 4 teachers at the school had guns for self defence the shooting would have been over sooner seems to miss the point that if none of the teachers at the school had guns for self defence then there would have been a far lower likelihood of any shooting taking place.