Political Opinion

An interesting article;

75 Economic Numbers From 2012 That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe | ZeroHedge

ZeroHedge: My go to site for an unvarnished look at reality.

So, less than 48 hours before we go all Thelma and Louise over the “fiscal cliff”, the resident genius in the highest office in the land, issues an executive order, that increases pay for congress, the vice president, and federal workers.

Annualized, it amounts to roughly a billion dollars a year. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it’s more about the principle of the matter.

Apparently they can all agree on spying on us as well

I’ve been moving the last several days. Haven’t been paying any attention to what happened. Is that spying issue a new thing, or do you mean what they’re probably already been doing?

Here’s an article from Financial Sense. But I have to warn you… This has got to be one of the darkest, most sobering critiques on the State of the Union I’ve read in a while. It begins with a few classic lines from Pink Floyd’s The Wall…

Mother, Should I Trust the Government? | James Quinn | FINANCIAL SENSE

Final Exhortation:
“The people of this country must regain a sense of responsibility for their lives and the lives of future generations. Enough people need to perceive they are being manipulated, controlled and used by the thought leaders and awaken from their narcissistic materialistic debt financed lives. Our culture has failed. The animosity and anger in the country is beginning to bubble over. The masses are beginning to realize they have been fooled. They haven’t figured out who to blame because they are still trapped in the Republican/Democrat false dogma. There is one Party putting on a show, as displayed this week with the fiscal cliff farce, as the government controlled media proclaimed victory because the status quo was maintained, nothing was cut, and $4 trillion was added to the National Debt. More people need to question and challenge the authorities. We must cast aside our willful ignorance of facts and accept the consequences of decades of bad decisions and delusions of grandeur. More government is not the answer. We must break free of the conditioning and mind control used to make us love our servitude and trust those in power.”

They just agreed to extend what was already happening

In my opinion, people decided to leave God and make both money, government, and ultimately themselves be in His place in their lives. That’s when the tide turned, and even while growth in modern technology and innovation exists, I think nobody today has the work ethic, morals, clear thinking, lack of corruption and political agenda, ambition to pursue truth in science that people of Thomas Edison’s day, namely did. Whose light bulb is being outlawed, BTW. If the innovators of today had his purpose and other qualities, we would be much further than we are now.
This generation(s) is taking all the gifts of those who have gone before us, not just inventions, etc, but blood fought for our freedom, and those precious things and trampling them, spitting on them, declaring them fools, and themselves gods, against GOD.
Just look (google is your friend) for charts depicting crime rate, divorce, any bad thing after 1960-1970 to present, and see it coincides exactly with certain laws, supreme court rulings which sought to displace God.
There is an absolute direct correlation, and it is no accident.
This country (America) was founded not just on freedom and limited gov’t, but with God as cornerstone and foundation.
Did you know the very first law passed in this country was a requirement of daily prayer in public schools?
How about that the founding fathers prayed for 3 HOURS before writing the Constitution because they had come to an impasse?

Kick God out, then you kick all good out with Him…like it or not!

Well said, Pipcompounder! Those with no particular religious affiliation may want to read Benjamin Franklin’s biography. He was by most accounts a Deist. Yet he greatly admired the basic tenants of the Judeo-Christian tradition:

In March, 1790, Franklin wrote the following in a letter to Ezra Stiles, president of Yale, who had asked him his views on religion:

"As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion, as he left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see..." (Carl Van Doren. Benjamin Franklin. New York: The Viking Press, 1938, p. 777.)

Franklin died just over a month later on April 17.

I think this was an incredibly insightful comment, and I’m sure he would agree with you that loss of God, both by our ruling elites and the general population, is the fundamental cause of our society in decline.

If you need a god to tell you not to steal or murder someone, you need empathy, not religion.

‘High god’ countries:
USA; Libya; Syria; Iran; Iraq; Egypt; Northern Ireland

‘Low god’ countries:
Australia; Norway; Switzerland; The Netherlands; Sweden; Denmark; New Zeeland

I know which ones I’d feel far safer in.

Then who has a right to tell you not to murder? How do you know it is immoral? Who told you?
Who told whoever told you?
You have no source for morals, nowhere to derive them from…you just make up whatever sounds good to you.

I’ve got news for you, the Ten Commandments were handed to Moses over 3200 years ago, and that’s just the written. Man’s first murder was about 6000 years ago, Who confronted Cain about that one?

God and religion are not symnomnous, in fact they are opposites, because God, frankly abhors any other religion.
And that includes the Lie of a certain fundamental middle eastern originated religion, which now is the world’s most popular by population. (here comes the real flak, as this is an internationally read site). You have inside your head a God-given conscience, a direct result of the partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which is your moral compass. Anyone with common sense can see a religion that hates, that says to kill people who don’t convert, and especially kill christians and jews, is a false one.

Anyways, Romans 1 befits you perfectly.

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if America was never founded? Just how do you think we got where we are, here in america, anyway? I am as strong a believer in America exceptionalism as anyone, but also realize our current president is bent on a plan to take our exceptionalism away. It isn’t an exception of arrogance. We aren’t just better than anyone else. We were founded on a totally new principle of self governance, the power and freedom of the individual, the casting off of control from someone else, and the freedom to worship God as we felt in our own hearts we should, not under the fist of an Imperial Church.

might as well step on somebody elses toes, while on the subject. I personally think the Catholic church is as anti-Christian as it gets, but of course, because of it’s name, Christianity takes all the blame for the Catholics horrid history. I just know the lies from the Truth.

Thomas Jefferson signed every bill with the date as "day, month, In the Year of our Lord Jesus Christ"
He was not anything but a true blue christian, no matter what your rewritten history textbook says…find a really old one or use google, if you’re curious about this enough.

pipcomponder,

As a Catholic I just want to say you’re f-ing nuts.

Who inspired Cain to commit murder?

Its a good thing you follow a peaceful, loving god. One who only murdered about 2.4million people in the old testament - ignoring the 20 million or so that would have been around at the time of the flood…

God and religion are not symnomnous, in fact they are opposites, because God, frankly abhors any other religion.
And that includes the Lie of a certain fundamental middle eastern originated religion, which now is the world’s most popular by population. (here comes the real flak, as this is an internationally read site). You have inside your head a God-given conscience, a direct result of the partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which is your moral compass. Anyone with common sense can see a religion that hates, that says to kill people who don’t convert, and especially kill christians and jews, is a false one.

Then its a good thing that Deuteronomy 13:7-19 didn’t happen then, nor 1 Samuel 15:2-3, nor any of the other instances where people are killed for non-belief. If these, and other parts of the bible are to be believed, than as you say, your religion is false.

If god is perfect, then he would have known Eve would eat the forbidden fruit, if he didn’t know that she would then he is not perfect.

Anyways, Romans 1 befits you perfectly.

So I should be killed because I don’t believe in your god?

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if America was never founded? Just how do you think we got where we are, here in america, anyway? I am as strong a believer in America exceptionalism as anyone, but also realize our current president is bent on a plan to take our exceptionalism away. It isn’t an exception of arrogance. We aren’t just better than anyone else. We were founded on a totally new principle of self governance, the power and freedom of the individual, the casting off of control from someone else, and the freedom to worship God as we felt in our own hearts we should, not under the fist of an Imperial Church.

We’ll just ignore the Isle of Mann that has been democratically self governed since the Tynwald was established about 1000 years ago, the Icelandic Alþingi which dates back to 930 and San Marino which had its first parliament back in 301…

This is all totally missing my original point though: From the short list of countries I gave, in which would you feel safer?

To whom is God accountable, exactly?
It is He who kills and makes alive, having created the very breathe of life Himself.
Real quick, because I originally was just saying America’s political system kicked God out, keeping in line with the thread…

God doesn’t hate you, just the opposite, He died for you, just like a soldier would die for his fellow countrymen to save them from invaders. He did it to save you from yourself, because He did make us with a free choice and free will, to choose and experience the consequence\reward of our choices. God is love. God is good. No bad can be in His presence. Simple. I am by birth a bad person. I choose to receive a gift from God to be forgiven of bad and opportunity to be good, even though it’s impossible to be completely good, by nature, so that when a consequence of the first sin, death, comes, I may obtain life eternal…and it won’t be with 72 virgins.
Sorry d-pip, my toe stepping isn’t to hurt, it’s to wakeup. If you only read history. It’s been rewritten, so I would advise you find a pre-1960 Catholic encyclopedia and engross yourself in research. Do you believe in miracles? I am a living miracle, I shouldn’t be here, and am very thankful for it. Follow true evidence, wherever it leads you.

Finally, I would not choose to live anywhere on Earth than where I am now, Texas, in the US of A. I want America to keep with it’s founding principles of liberty, freedom, and reliance on Providence. Anyone who doesn’t want this can move elsewhere. Anyone who wants it should be allowed to move here and join in allegiance, lawfully. If you like Australia, I am very happy for you. Be where you are happy most.

Aristotle, David Hume, Stuart Mill, Immanuel Kant, and my common sense, among others

Its not the loss of god, its the loss of the values predicates by jesus. But this values doesnt use to exist in the strict religious countries, and when they exists they come along with other terrible things.
the fact to impose others your religion is just immoral.

“The last Christian died on the cross” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Aristotle, David Hume, Stuart Mill, Immanuel Kant, and my common sense, among others

then those are your gods.

No such thing as an athiest, unless the definition has been changed to mean “I am my own god.”

I am personally against impostition of religion, I may post here what I believe, even to the offense of some, but I’m not going to tell you you have to join me, but I feel the opposite is happening in America, where people’s freedoms are under attack, where people are being forced to do things against their beliefs.
Case in point, Hobby Lobby refuses to pay for anything that could cause an abortion because they believe life begins at conception, so abortion is murder. I happen to agree. The government wants to fine them $1.3 million a day for refusing to pay for what their employees can purchase themselves of their free choice, and thus their own responsibility.
The gov’t is (trying) making Hobby Lobby to be responsible for someone else’s actions…it’s always blame somebody else!
Like the sad school shooting in Conn… they blame everything under the sun, except the murderer. Good gets blamed for bad. the gov’t doesnt know what’s good for bad, to quote a funny movie, megamind.

So men define morality? You define morality? Obviously your answer is “yes”.

Hence your opinion is morality is subjective… Everyone chooses there own morality.

If everyone chooses their own morality… Who are we as a society to impose a standard of behavior as there is no absolute right and wrong…???

We are just products of a long line of genetic mutations originating from a protozoa after all (insert sarcastic tone)… as such, the base and dark tendencies of human nature are just fulfilling natures instincts of personal survival…

Is it considered murder if an ape kills another ape? Why is it different for humans if we are nothing different… Why can’t I steal from the poor, it’s survival of the fittest after all, fulfilling the evolutionary theory humanists cling to… Why isn’t this typical and socially acceptable… Eons of transitory species should have instilled in us the instincts that this is normal and acceptable… Right???

A good example of morality being subjective are vegans. To a vegan, eating meat is morally wrong. To others, it’s very tasty :wink:

The vegan population seems to be growing. Maybe morality is an idea that takes hold and spreads. Could sometime in the distant future eating meat be completely frowned upon, maybe even a crime?

Maybe not. I never actually thought about this until now, hehe.

I think your parents have teached you and they are not your gods, same go for your teachers, or priests.
I can agree with you, but i would never consider you a god. ^^.

well, im not from EUA, so I cant speak about something i really unknow. I’m not against religion, I just defend the personal freedom to chose what you believe or not, so I understand and respect your opinion. I would encourage anybody to believe in god, if this makes them feel better. why not? i wish i could believe in god, but unfortunately I cant lie to myself.

do you think it is not subjective? do you think there is a holy moral code wich serves for all situations?
an absolute moral? Do you think we can treat moral as a property?
if you draw a triangle, it has 3 angles. it is a triangle property. Nobody will discuss it.
but take one situation, one action and tell if it is moral or not. you will find there are people who agree, others who dont. so is morality a property of an action itself, or the feelings you experience when you see or feel this action?
for example im from spain, here exists a traditional entertainment, “las corridas de toros” one of the spain symbols, wich consist in stab a bull several times to make it angry, and when he is finally exhausted, a guy with a sword kills him.
Is it morally correct? if morality isn’t subjective, why are people that stupid that cant agree for years in something that clear? why now it has been forbidden in some cities to be considered immoral, when 600 years before nobody was questioning it, if the action hasn’t changed?

Not everyone choses their own morality, but everyone have their own one. If you lie at your wife, you probably feel bad, can you change it? can you change your moral to feel better?
the society looks for its survival and wellness.
who is a mother to feed her newborn son? how she knows this isn’t wrong? do you think she would ever think in this?
the absolute right and wrong does not exists related on actions or situations. for the nature the only think it counts is the practical use.

I dont know why you posted this i never mentioned the human origins, and never defended Darwin theory…
You cant attribute a human quality to an ape, we are different… who said we aren’t?
wolves, apes, fishes, ants… they all live in society, why they didnt eat or kill between them?
because keeping them society alive is the easiest way to survive.
and there is plenty of other arguments to refute this, but im tired, and dont know what im doing speaking about moral, god and the human origins in a forex forum:38: