Political Opinion

Because this is the political thread and a bunch of thieves and robbers have been elected in America and are taking our religious freedom, which is always the first freedom to go…then the gov’t can declare themselves god, and whatever they say goes, no more freedom to trade freely…the CTFC is already out of control, every gov’t bureaucracy is out of control.

control…oh, the irony…out of control because they want to control others…if i had hair to pull out of my head, i would.

If you do not believe that absolute right and wrong exists… And that a moral standard does not exist… Then you are an atheist… You have already alluded to the fact that you are…

If there is no God… Your only alternative is to believe that the origin of humanity is of animal lineage… If we are of animal lineage then we should behave and act like animals…

Empathy, compassion, guilt and a basic awareness of right an wrong are instincts that would not evolve in a species who reached the pinnacle of the animal kingdom through eons of eating, fighting, killing the weak, to come out on top as the supreme species. You would have a very specialized and fierce species much like the barracuda… Cold, efficient killers, extremely hard to kill, self serving… Emotionless

Animals of the same species kill each other all the time… Yet they are not bound by morals, why should human be any different if we are nothing but an advanced species of animals… The fact we are even aware of the idea and are able to discuss it means we are different… If we are different, unique from animals, then evolution is not a possible explanation for human origin… If evolution is not an alternative then there must be a god… If there is a god then therein lays the answer to whom sets the standard of right and wrong.

I believe in a God. As a creator. I don’t believe in absolute morals. Not everything is mutually exclusive. It takes just as much faith to believe either argument creationism or atheism. I wouldn’t say I’m a deist but my beliefs follow close.

My last God comment, because I don’t really mean to preach on the thread, just state political opinion.

The only reason people don’t believe in THE God, namely Jesus, is because they don’t want to acknowledge that they are accountable to Him, they don’t want to believe what happens when they die, and human nature is such that some things that God really hates are pleasureable for us to do. Some things that are pleasureable are things God created, but intended to be used a certain way. Would you be happy, if you are married, to find out your wife was cheating on you? Nope, and that is the exact same jealousy that God feels when we do things other than what He created them for. There is a right way to do things that does feel good, and there is a wrong way, which sometimes, has temporary pleasure, but ends up very bad, kinda like trading with all available free margin. If you look at what God expects of us humans in the Bible, it does make sense, it’s not like He’s commandeering us around like robots, making us do things that are terrible. There are people (very few) who live lives that have moral values, without really believing in God, and experience a feeling of fulfillment just because it’s like math, it always works. But there’s this problem when people die, they cannot save themselves from what happens next, Someone else must change that, only if they allow Him.

You do not believe in absolute morals…? The presents of absolute right and wrong?

Ok let’s set the bar outrageously high…

If I killed a baby with a chainsaw… Are you willing to say that is not absolutely morally wrong…?

Read the first post of this thread to see what kind of people are trying to take America…

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/50044-distribution-exchange.html

I am willing to say that.

Well parents of a certain Connecticut school would be more then willing to question that train of thought … As you are a parent yourself I am surprised by your response, I’ll assume it was either in jest or an unwillingness in acknowledging the point.

I do believe in the natural rights of a human. Life liberty property etc. but I think they are man made and they have value because we or I give them value. I don’t think if there is an afterlife that someone would be punished for infringing on those rights. I just think they make a good society. what kind of place would it be if we could just go do whatever we wanted to whoever. To coexist there has to be rules. But I those rules only have value because we give them value. In another culture they might not. I also believe in noetics and noetic theory in a form.

So If enough people begin accepting certain behaviors it’s ok? Is that the basis of a deists standard for morality?

Why would I want to coexist? If there are no moral absolutes and I am not held responsible to a supreme being after I die, then I wouldn’t care one iota for anyone else but myself… I would get rid of people who bothered me, I would steal whenever I could get away with it… And the best part is… I would be guilt free because there are no morals!

Guilt… An emotion that doesn’t need to be taught and that is not a result of environment or upbringing… Does not exist in a world where absolute morals do not exist

I don’t and can’t speak for all deists. Isn’t this how traders think? Take what you can get who cares who gets screwed that’s their fault. Isn’t that capitalism? I believe in that I watch out for me and me alone. If I can benefit by getting over on someone ill do it. Long as the reward outweighs the risk.

My religion comes from me. My own logic and reason and what it’s lead me to. I might be wrong I can accept it if someone defeats my logic. I was just making parallels to help people understand. Guilt being an inborn emotion is interesting ill look some stuff up about it.

Traders are only taking money from people who are willfully putting it into an arena where it is in jeopardy… Trading does not fit the definition of stealing. There is no such thing as a willing victim…

If stealing was not morally wrong, you can bet your house that I would be using my brains to run a Ponzi scheme or some other white collar criminal scheme and not trading… That is the logical conclusion to a self created, self serving set of moral.

You can bet your house that I would do it if I was sure I wouldn’t go to jail :smiley:

If you steal from someone on a Ponzi scheme aren’t they at fault somewhat for putting their money with you?

Depends how you word your investment disclaimer lol…

Or how small you print it…

That is not capitalism, and that is exactly why it gets dinged so much, is because people misrepresent it.
The idea that one side of a bargain is always screwed is pure lie, pure fallacy, not true.

Economy happens when at least two individuals meet and exchange something, anything, that they MUTUALLY AGREE to, and think to themselves, as they walk away, that they personally benefited. Simple as that.
Stealing is when something is taken from someone else without their consent. Simple. I think certain taxes are stealing, but I pay them because I forgive (and I don’t want to go to jail, LOL).

There is this much repeated thing on these forex forums that someone else taking the other side of your trade is getting screwed, or you’re getting screwed, but that’s just not true 100% of the time, it’s more like 1% of the time, and in that case it’s the liquidity provider making a mistake themselves.
See, you don’t take the side of an individual’s trade, you trade direct (or maybe through a broker) to a liquidity provider. they have tons of money and absorb all your positions, and simply make much larger trade sizes, either at the same time in the same direction, or later at the opposite direction, with other liquidity providers, to bring their books back up. It is a mutually beneficial thing. Yes, contrary to very popular opinion, wealth is created basically out of thin air, with appropriate timing. What we are capturing is the circulation of money…it’s all in the circulation…movement equals market life, if everybody stopped trading, or slowed way down, it would be very very very bad…plant your corn, or you don’t eat.

When you go to a nice restaraunt, and eat the good food, do you really feel like the restarant just screwed you for your hard earned money?

Whether someone knows it or not ONE side of the transaction is getting a better deal. Trading as I understand it is about taking on risk. The risk that what you bought may depreciate. Publicly traded companies do whatever it takes to increase profits. I did understand what you were saying about the big boys thank you it’s something I never realized or read before.

Edit: man iPhone auto correct kills me on these forums

Show me concrete proof of the existence of Jesus, and concrete proof he was in fact the son of god.

Don’t quote the bible. It’s been cut, cropped, and rewritten over the years to suit the needs of those who espoused it’s virtues as the absolute “word of god”. Just look at the ridiculous bastardization of it the Westboro Baptist Church embraces.

“Morals” are a result of the culture one was raised in. It’s been completely okay to stone a woman to death in the middle east for an adulterous act. We westerners find it reprehensible. But they find the adultery reprehensible, while we tend dismiss it.

there are more fallacies than truths on your argumentation. The worst one: “If evolution is not an alternative then there must be a god…” I think there is no clarification need of why this is a fallacy…
so many people, great theorics and philosophers in the past 3000 years have tried to evidence it by logics and nobody has achieved it.

society gives you enough reasons to do it :slight_smile:

saying there are not absolute morals doesnt means there are not morals*.
morals existence, absolutes or not, means the existance of guilt, so you are obviously wrong on this point…

we cant answer this question; there is a lack of information.
now i ask you:
imagine killing an ill baby who is suffering and will die anyway in 3 seconds, means saving 5000 babies from being burned alive. Are you still willing to say that it is absolutely morally wrong?
if you let the baby live for 3 s, will you feel good because you followed the absolute moral (that never fail), wich says that killing a baby is immoral?