Political Opinion

Wow man, sorry I made you feel that way. Seriously.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you mad he donā€™t agree with your politics

We can disagree on what killed the dinosaurs but for that conversation to happen we both must agree that dinosaurs once walked the earth.

And why is everything a straw man argument with you, you always put words in other peoples mouths.

But you should feel good about having someone a bigger trump hater then you on the thread.

By the way, do you believe in Russiagate, I am not sure you ever told us

1 Like

Dennisā€¦ I can tell weā€™re gonna be friends. :slight_smile:

I guess if it applies to us - it should apply to you also !

1 Like

Haā€¦ I dunno, I donā€™t want to rock anyoneā€™s boat too hard. ā€œBe the changeā€ā€¦ yknow. I love you all.

1 Like

trump-supporters-are-stupid-3

I was hoping for someone who could give a logical argument from the left, what we got is a blue pill russiagate believer, but I am sure you too will get along fine

what is with you and emojiā€™s, you do it just to get a negative reaction

So let me say this, I am a progressive in most ways. I believe in things like universal healthcare, bachelorā€™s degrees being treated the same as K-12, Infrastructure investment, drug reform, all manner of liberal causes. There are disagreements I have with my side, as a firearms enthusiast, and Iā€™m constantly trying to explain to all my fellow liberals that nearly all weapons are semi-automatic, etc. Iā€™m willing to chew through anything youā€™d like. Maybe you can change my mind on something? All I ask is open mindedness, logical arguments, and mutual respect.

3 Likes

Enickma, wish this had been your opening post instead of that impossible to read manifesto, we could have gotten off to a better start

1 Like

Cheers! Hereā€™s to new starts!

2 Likes

1 Like

The question was asked what is a Straw Man argument, while there are many variations the one I see used most often on this thread is also called the hollow man argument, which involves inventing a fictitious position and attributing it to the opposition,

Below is a recent post that fits the hollow man argument

Perfect description.

The other heavy hitter is ad hominem

" refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself"

2 Likes

Hi @Falstaff , I agree with you lawyers arent paid to risk their lives but they need to do it by principles. their mission is to fight for the justice

the problem is the cops that dont do their work and let criminals in the street + the judges

the actual problem with our world is that if you want to fight the mafia in power:
-either you have to look like a mafia by yourself
-either you need the support of the entire population (and thats impossible because many are just too weak to fight, many are satisfied by what they have and dont care about politics,etc)

so you with your good intentions , there is a lot of chances that you end up doing thing that you never wanted to do
plus all the game is rigged against you. because them they have the right to be a mafia and are protected. while you , at the first thing youā€™ll do they dont like it is likely that they will oppress you by : illegal censorship, making you disappear, sending you to jail unfairly,etc

but I repeat, if the lawyer got his ā€œownā€ mafia composed by mercenaries , good neighbours who protected him all the time h24. heā€™d still be here but people have other things to do and mercenaries services are expensive

snowflack