Political Opinion

the soldiers in the two world wars, the napoleonic wars etc

they wasnt scared to die. so maybe its because the mentality of mans changed since that. there is very very few people that are ready to risk they lives in order to save what they love

and these wars are the reason. the people are shocked, scared about the butchery that happened in these wars. let remind that in WW2 there is barely 70 millions people that died (of all countries and ideologies). 70 millions is the equivalent of France population , this is absolutely horrible.

Well lets look shall we.

My first comment was that the word

may have been a typo IE; mistake. However you rightlly drew my attention to the fact that it was indeed a legit word. and I then reiterate that perhaps it was a typo or mistake to which you then accused me of making a straw man argument. My reply was “you should talk”

So in answer to what is your straw man argument is (which was you original post) take the word

If you examine that word and use some imagination and insert a space between the "TO and “USE”
what do you have?? Well look at that TO USE a typo IE: mistake.

That sir is YOUR straw man argument.

Blackduck

1 Like

Okay my friend, let’s examine this. The original quote was “And having the secondary objective touse emotion to intimidate or anger the original poster”

Now touse means “to treat roughly”, so I believe he used that word intentionally and correctly in his context.

You seemed to believe it was a typo or a mistake. I disagree, and complimented his vocabulary.

When I accused you of straw man, it was due to:
"The opinion he holds is probably not routed in fact. Like a lot of people the subjective opinion is the only opinion they hold as they have no ability to think objectively.

Douglas Murray has stated that this is a serious flaw in the think of those on the left."

Jesus, dude, you’ve decided that my opinions are not routed in fact, decided your opponent cannot achieve objectivity, and attributed it to a deficiency that plagues all those whom you disagree with. Holy Straw Man Bat Man, am I all that? Not likely.

That’s why I mentioned the obvious fallacy in your argument. It had nothing to do with “touse”

Oh there was no anger. Just pointing out a fact.

So my learned friend that was using objective thinking as I pointed out to you, which you are ignoring the fact that it was a typo. You were trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Blackduck

@enickma

Wow that’s exactly what the left do continously - straight out of the Leon Trotsky playbook.

1 Like

The anger bit was part of the original quote. So when I said, “damn Falstaff, nice vocab, bro” and he liked that post, I misunderstood him somehow?

John! I’m interested. Please explain!

is there actually real profitable trader (enough to live of) on short term here or are you all newbies?

back ground music to read this thread with pleasure : Hava Nagila Original - YouTube

What? Are you lost, friend?

no, just asking

because i saw an incredible proportion of newbies here. some even said thats its impossible to live of trading if you havent a 200k account. hecking freak

i have to do a thread only for pros answering in it maybe (could help all categories of traders)

the pros could be networking and exchanging some charts while the newbiees could learn some tips

Okay, fair, but you are posting in a political inferno thread, not a beginner question forum. Check it out. :slight_smile:

I won’t go into depth unfortunately.

Simply because if you don’t understand what I’m talking of you haven’t been paying attention all these years.

For example for years Trump has been vilified for being a racist even called Hitler.

Much of these stems from his goal of building a wall to stop illegal migrants.

But if anyone with half a brain knows - illegal migration punishes most the legal working class ethnic communities whose jobs are being taken away.

Nobody knows this more than those communities - which is why he performed so we’ll with the hispanic in particular.

So yes attack the man because they can’t deny the policy.

Let’s take Brexit - anyone who voted to leave the EU was…you guessed it called a racist neo Nazi.

All because they wanted UK to be in charge of their own nation.

Never once could the anti Brexit (left) argue a good point for remaining in the EU - so it was just call us all stupid little Englanders.

Ignoring the myriad of problems in the EU.

I could go on and on - but why bother.

And you should read some works of Trotsky, Goebbels, Lennin and even the CCP to get an idea just how important the propaganda arm of politics works - it really a doctrine being brought back by much of the left.

3 Likes

I have been paying attention all these years. I stick to politics like flies on **** we just see it differently. Trump is actually racist AF. Closer personal confidants have attested to this many times. I don’t want to type out all the ugly quotes. This isn’t about UK or Brexit. Some of us were raised to believe in democracy, and we want to fight for it. I haven’t had time to read a lot of communist literature, but please don’t operate under the assumption that I’m running some “playbook”. I’m just an American with my own opinions.

thanks for distracting the MODS while we are hacking the database

you’ll receive your payments at the end of the month

2 Likes

@enickma

There is no doubt Trump is an imperfect instrument.

Which is why things are so partisan right now

Racist or not whole swaths of minority groups love him and they should know.

I hate his Tweet storms and he puts his foot in his mouth on a daily basis - but the deplorables, the forgotten ones, those not from Wall Street or part of the new tech oligarchy, those who do not profit from a managed decline of the US think he is a hero.

You need to understand why people DO love him - at least it APPEARS he is fighting for them and not the business interest that control the US.

And as not for including Brexit in this discussion, well there are striking similarities and arguably without Brexit you would not have Trump.

3 Likes

Believe it or not, I get it. I grew up in a middle class mid-western mostly white 10,000 person town. I know these people. He speaks to them, but he doesn’t help them. He merely harnesses the grievances. When you look at who actually fights for the middle-income brackets, it is not Republicans. You are right, he has the messaging, but it’s just an appearance, as you say.

You maybe be right I don’t know the hard data myself.

But perception is everything in politics.

I do know there have been no new wars. I do know illegal migration has been cut.

Justice reform and the platinum program are helping the black community.

All this with four years of smear campaigns against him

I dare say he has also drained the swamp…

When you drain a swamp you don’t get rid of the weeds you just expose them, and over the past two months alone that has happened in a big way.

Not too mention peace is breaking out in the middle east! What’s not to like!

3 Likes

This social subject interests me and I have my opinion on the matter. Unfortunately it is impossible for me to share it with you, due, on the one hand, to the laws which delimit freedom of expression in France(no real freedom of expression) and, on the other hand, to the conditions of use of babypips.com that I had to accept by creating my account on this site. Thus, the simple fact of expressing my opinion on this discussion space would expose me to sanctions from the administrators of this forum and possibly from the justice system in my country. It is therefore with great regret that I will content myself with reading your exchanges without participating in them, beyond this message.

My friend we just see it so differently, but we are equals nonetheless. I see a would-be dictator testing every possible boundary of our norms. I see it as a stress test of our democratic guardrails, and I hope the Republican party can reclaim itself after this.

1 Like

Weren’t you just talking about hacking the database a few minutes ago? How do you possibly have time to post? Hacking is not easy.