Political Opinion

When did he say we must censor books and movies? He said “As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice.”

Do you actually think he is going to force people to go to church like a theocracy?

Religion doesn’t kill people, people kill people. Sometimes those people hide behind the religion but that doesn’t make it acceptable.

[I]“Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.”[/I]

Predator priest returns to duty

A leading Australian priest who sexually preyed on a disabled and vulnerable woman on Sydney’s north shore for 14 years has been allowed to return to preaching and running community groups at one of the nation’s busiest churches.

The recent decision by the Catholic Church to allow Father Tom Knowles to return to full duties at St Francis’ in Melbourne’s central business district after about 16 months of “administrative leave” has outraged his victim and victims’ groups.

here’s a story from my lovely state of CT

http://www.ctnow.com/videogallery/74065580/News/Bridgeport-Priest-Accused-Of-Dealing-Meth

If you think Piers Morgan is an idiot like this post :smiley:

So is that kind of saying that when people go to their churches, they are going to get molested and raped?

I’m not Catholic, and I’m certainly not defending what this creep did, but I could pull up reports of atheists that have raped or molested people, does that mean that all atheists are disgusting creeps?

I’m tired of generalizations. Muslims are involved in 9/11, all Muslims are evil terrorists. One nut goes on a killing spree with an icky gun, all people who own icky guns are insane nuts.

^ My post wasn’t so much to slander religion per se, but to rebutt the notion that the US needs to return to “prayer” to avoid further gun killings. Church authorities have turned a blind eye, or even aided, systemic abuses against children and the vulnerable for centuries, and continue to do so today as my article illustrated.

And this wasn’t some solitary creep. The CATHOLIC CHURCH, an organisation representing HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of Christians, backs him. This is the sort of creepy organisation that Rick Perry approves of.

No, it’s not…Perry is Baptist, which is Protestant. Stop labeling real christians with the false label of catholics, as I have posted before, they are not us.

The “church authorities” you speak of are the incredibly deceitful catholics who did rule for centuries over kings, using the name of christianity to do unthinkable, disgusting things. We can agree about their evil, just don’t label us with them—we are very different.

Wait… Catholics aren’t Christians? That’s rich.

Being catholic is borderline cult. It’s a religion of tradition not one of a relationship with God.

Well said…

On a side note Mormons also claim themselves as Christians… Yet are not

All religions are cults.

Christians hating Christians. Now I’ve seen it all.

Oh man. This just keeps getting better and better. Pray tell, how are Mormons not Christian?

Jehovah’s Witnesses also. The only thing you need to Be a Christian is to believe that Jesus was the son of God and that he died for your sins. Adding to that isn’t Christianity. Also united Pentecostals

You know what. I think Christians aren’t Christian at all. Apparently you all say the other isn’t. Kind of cancels each other out on the whole Christianity deal.

Christians are followers of Christ and his teaching from the Gospel…

Catholics pray to saints and Mary…

Mormons believe in the teaching of John Smith

Don’t display your ignorance of theology.

My Sunday school classes were hardcore.

Better education then mastergunner apparently…

On the contrary, you are displaying your ignorance.

Lutherans follow the teachings of Martin Luther’s Catechism. Are they not Christians as well?

Lutherans do not have their own version of the bible… They do not pray to saints or Mary… And they adhere to the teachings of the gospel. They also do not believe one man “the pope” is capable of forgiving sins…that belief of the Catholic Church is in direct conflict with Christs teachings.

Is that so? What is my religious education?

My ex wife is Mormon. I was raised as a Lutheran. My daughters are being raised Catholic. And we have a few non denominational folks sprinkled in the family. A Seventh Day Adventist is a close family friend. And I have close and deep friendships with individuals of Jewish and Islamic faiths.

Though I’ve read the Bible in its entirety on more than one occasion, I’ve also read a English translated version of the Qur’an, the book of Mormon, the Catechism, and the Apocrapha in my lifetime.

So tell me again about my religious education…