Political Opinion

On what basis other than what you say does that mean someone is not a Christian?

I follow your logic, but I believe it to be baseless.

Obviously you donā€™t because doing so leads to the conclusion that your wife (mormon) is not a Christian and your daughters are being brought up catholicā€¦ A segment I said is also not Christian ā€¦ You will fight tooth and nail to say otherwiseā€¦ You are blinded by your own bias.

There is nothing more for us to discuss here.

Not true.

ā€œTheological circlesā€ ā€¦you must be referring to Cemetariesā€¦,I mean Seminariesā€¦
they are just another hijacked institution that does their best to discredit the very Bible they profess to teach.

You have no idea how hated the Bible is. You think you disagree with itā€¦it has been under attack since it was written. Catholics (sorry, canā€™t stay away from them, actually itā€™s their fault, they did it) killed people for reading or translating the Bible into English or the local common language, just to hide itā€™s truths so they could sell indulgences, etc.

My ex wife.

Lol ohā€¦ Well thatā€™s different than :wink: probably doesnā€™t matter what I call her then haha

I am not threatened by the concept that my family or myself is deemed as non creation.

I donā€™t believe in the existence of hell.

If heaven exists, even the gays are in attendance.

I believe in a created universe, but accept that macro evolution could be a reality forged by a higher power.

I believe that any God we believe in could potentially be discovered in our mortal universe.

I donā€™t care about a flood.

I donā€™t but Samson killed all those dudes with the jaw of a donkey.

I believe that the Bible was written by man. And if it is direct from God, itā€™s filtered through the mind of man and is thus subject to err.

Iā€™m okay with their being nothing after this existence.

Jesus spoke little of heaven or heā€™ll, but he spoke a tremendous amount of the living church on Earth.

Am I a Christian. You betcha. Could I be absolutely wrong? You got it.

The beauty of it, is that you just as well could be wrong.

My eyes are wide open. No blindness here. You take on that role of a close minded bigot.

Nah nah, itā€™s not like that.

Sheā€™s a great woman. Beautiful soul.

Together we were just a recipe for disaster. Individually, we serve our lives and our children better.

Ok define ā€œChristianā€ā€¦

Iā€™ve given mineā€¦ Lets hear yours

Why would you assume I hate or discredit the Bible. I read it on a near daily basis. Heck, Iā€™m on one the few people I know that can recite the books in order from start to finish.

I know it quite well.

I just donā€™t believe I have to accept what is told of me by any man. I believe a relationship with God is an incredible and very personal undertaking. And each relationship is unique.

I guess I didnā€™t understand why you said

ā€œCheck this out. Jesus never once uttered the word Christian.ā€

Thatā€™s my point. Thank you.

You personally defined it. Mine would be personally defined as well, so itā€™s truly a moot point.

Only God knows. We are not to judge, Iā€™m pretty sure the Bible explains that concept rather well.

It was a purposeful and obvious statement made to steer a particular topic in the conversation.

Actually I didnā€™t make my own definitionā€¦ If you type in ā€œdefine: Christianā€ in google it comes up with a definitionā€¦ gasp and its exactly what I saidā€¦

You, on the other hand, think itā€™s whatever you want it to beā€¦

Can you or somebody else explain to me what its purpose is. Iā€™m a little slow.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like crafted logic to help you sleep at night. All the good but none of the bad. Lets all just pick and choose willy nilly and hope for the best!

not to change the subject but I canā€™t believe not one person agrees with me that Piers Morgan is an idiot.

Just today there was a shooting in a Texas school and this dummy is all over twitter making fun of Rick Perry saying that he wantā€™s more guns in Texasā€™ schools. he even went on to describe the scene as carnage and that it was horrific blah blah blah only to be proven yet again what a dummy he is.

In fact this shooting had nothing to do with the mass shootings that are being heavily discussed throughout the media and was actually two gang bangers shooting at each other.

Incidentally on the second amendment noteā€¦
Today Chicago enjoys itā€™s 31 homicide and 109th shooting, and to think guns are banned in Chicago. I guess the criminals didnā€™t get the memo

I agree with you.

The UKā€™s violent crime rate is leaps and bounds higher than the u.s.

Violent crime in the US has actually been trending down for the past three decades.

No one ever seems to comment on that.

Itā€™s rather silly there is so much discussion on guns in the US. In my state, concealed and carry is allowed. Iā€™m not scared to take out the trash at night anymore.

I agree with you, late to the party here.

I think itā€™s funny only in an ironic way, not humorous, that where there are gun free zones the gun crime rate is much higher than anywhere else, yes the general level of violent crime is down in the US as a whole, but in big Democrat stronghold cities, especially the ā€œgun freeā€ ones, itā€™s bad as everā€¦only lawbreakers break the lawā€¦why order law abiding citizens to surrender to lawbreakers? Thatā€™s how I view ā€œgun control.ā€

piers was the editor of the daily mirror (UK newspaper)and was sacked for publishing a story about UK soldiers abusing
Iraqi prisoners ,the story contained photos of the abuse taking place.
It soon became clear that the story was totally fabricated and the photos were fake , not even real soldiers .
Did not go down well with the public.

Piers got sacked and legged it to the states hanging his head in shame.
i think the word idiot is a bit too light for him.

the guys a slimeball