Political Opinion

Here’s a copy of the letter that 32 of 33 Utah sheriff’s signed and sent to President Obama. Good stuff, I especially like that last paragraph.

Thoughts?

Define ‘life’.

Everyone’s favourite, the Catholic Church can’t seem to work it out: Catholic hospital’s foetal death defence under fire either that or they want to have both sides of the debate and switch when it suits them

“Life” is not the same as “Human Life” or “Human Brain Birth”

Anyone interested in signing a petition to protect our second amendment rights (USA) Here is a link. This is a great system they forward a letter to all the appropriate government officials. If you want to preserve your second amendment rights than let your voice be heard!
Defend Our Right To Bear Arms | TheTeaParty.net

Also there is a tea party movement that is happening all across America on a local level called The Day of Resistance ([B][I]google it[/I][/B]) and it is going to be held on Saturday 2.23.2013 This is a great opportunity for we the people to stand up in one loud voice and tell the government no you can’t take our right to bear arms! Simple as that. When our elected officials see the millions of people express opposition to policy’s that infringe our rights as Americans they will have no choice but to take notice!

[B]The Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[/B]

I’m not quite sure why you continue to bring up Catholicism. I’m a Christian, not a catholic. And honestly, i’m not sure how this is a religious issue. This is a human rights issue.

I’m not calling for a Federal ban on abortion. I think abortion, like other forms of murder, should be a states issue.

Frankly I’m surprised you don’t have a full on crush with Catholicism given the fact that the pope has called for gun control among other BS.

Wow, right on Utah! I hope more sheriffs continue to come out in droves against all of this Unconstitutional BS.

Interesting comparison. My understanding with pro-choice libertarians is that while a foetus is indeed life, the rights of the mother supercedes those of the foetus and she can do what she wishes.

It’d be like a blood transfusion patient forcing a needle into me to extract my blood. While it will save his life, I have every right to say “no”, even if it means his death.

Ditto with abortion.

That is the best argument I’ve heard in all this abortion mess. Seems to put things more into perspective.

So, mothers should be able to walk into their children’s schools with guns and kill their own kids at their discretion?

What’s the difference?

Cyco~ you are very good at exposing the blatant hypocrytical evil of the Catholic “church”. People would probably start a war if they knew about what goes on at convents, how many baby’s skeletons are buried under dark passageways. They put up a good front, but are inwardly evil.

I can’t believe some of you would attempt to make a case that as long as it’s the mother murdering, it’s ok.
Read this:
‘So What if Abortion Ends Life?’: Pro-Choice Writer Says Some Babies Are ‘Worth Sacrificing’ | TheBlaze.com

So saving your own life is lumped in with murder now?

Anything living.

Source of reference: Science.

I would die to save one or all of my sons. (I don’t have a daughter, but if I did, it would be the same.) I can very safely say for my wife that she would do the same. This would be in context of saving their life, with saving my own life still as a second priority, not suicidal in intention.

That’s a little “different” perspective from the cultural selfish norm, isn’t it?
Doctors have a very hard time making a clinical case for abortion to “save a mother’s life”. Some of them will advocate for it anyways, because they ignore their conscience. I didn’t say

There are possiblilties of outcomes, but the intention is the focus, as far as relevance to politics. I don’t want my tax dollars paying for murder. I know there isn’t even a possibility for life to exist on Mars, so I think it’s cool to send a rover for pics and research of the planet, it’s waste for just a “search for other life”.

Please explain how some babies “are worth sacrificing”? Gross…

That’s you though. Not everyone shares that same sentiment. If the mother’s life is at stake she should have the choice to save herself or sacrifice herself. She shouldn’t be forced to sacrifice her life. Which I guess at that point, it isn’t really sacrifice.

Men shouldn’t be able to tell women what to do. We’ll never have a life growing inside of us, so we’ll never be put in a life and death situation during pregnancy.

I guess that’s democracy for you. The majority control the minority. Mob rule.

I’m not going to dictate to anybody what I think they should do. America is republic, not mob rule democracy, and I like it that way.
My mention about my wife is that is what she would do of her own free will, just to describe the type of person she is…(it’s hard enough keeping her from spoiling the boys, LOL)

You are making an arguement with a false premise, which is you assume that by taking a baby’s life, the mother’s will be saved-there is no way to prove this, it’s not medically\clinically proven. Intention is what matters. The attempt should be made to save both lives, that’s the hippocratic oath. This being a forex forum and political thread, I’ll keep the medical science out, but bottom line is the intention.

When somebody writes in a column they ought to just be able to kill their baby just because they want to, can’t you agree that’s no different from killing them when they’re older? I see no difference, whatsoever.

It has been medically and clinically proven that in some cases abortion saves the life of the mother, and in a therapeutic abortion you do not kill a “baby”, the physician performs the removal of a unviable fetus

Pipcompounder,

While I was wondering if you have discovered any other strategies I came across
this post.

Great words, I truly agree with you.

Stay on these roads,
Mark

WOULD YOU DO IT?

Would You Pay $300,000 to Become a Citizen of This Proposed Free-Market Utopia…in Detroit? | TheBlaze.com

I’LL POST THIS IN “STUFF” THREAD, TOO.

Your wife doesn’t know if she’d give her life for an unborn baby, because she’s never had to make that choice.

Nobody knows how they’ll react in a life and death situation. Everyone likes to talk a big game, but their true colors won’t come out until they actually have a gun to their head.

No I don’t believe its okay to abort a baby just because you don’t want it. If it’s life and death for the mom, then I’m not going to fault her for whatever she chooses. I’m not going to touch the sexual assault issues.

It’s funny tho that the majority is usually wrong :-D. People aren’t very good at picking out what’s best for them they usually take the easy path. The best type of government IMO is a good hearted dictator lol. But since most people are power hungry and corrupt we have to settle for the checks and balances of our “democracy”.

People will pay an extra $10,000 on a 30,000 loan so they can have lower monthly payments.

I just guessed btw lol didnt feel like doing the math right now.

Or look at the rent to own bs we have or payday short term loans. People are stupid as a whole.