Political Opinion

Was this not a Democrat bill , passed by and only by Democrats and signed by a Democrat President, Yet I don’t see Democrat and Obama anywhere in the above text.

Yes it’s a Democrat bill that trump said he was gonna fix and come up with a better bill, until the GOP come up with any bill they need to shut up and stop complaining

Shooting fish in a barrel, where to begin

You have a 1200 page bill with a massive amount of red tape and mandates, with zero cost-savings, measures, that is just for starters, we could do a whole new thread just on this question

We can agree with the first part, from my own experience there has been zero good

Tell me when did the GOP have a supermajority that would have allowed them to pass something better

Jesus Christ could be President and offer a miracle plan that would cover everyone at an affordable price and your Democrat party would stand in the way of it becoming law.

GOP, GOP , GOP, Trump, Trump , Trump in two very long post I have yet to see you call out the Dems or Obama on anything, it is their bill , they passed it, they are accountable for its failure

I agree, the Democrats have no clue how to fix the bill they passed

This is fun , but how about some solutions, I have some ideas that I will post, how about you post some ideas too, but you can’t mention the GOP and I will do the same with the donkeys

ME! ME! Pick ME!

Let’s start with Tort reform?

1 Like

Healthcare solutions, get the government and insurance companies out of our healthcare, There was a time when a Doctors office was staffed by a doctor, nurse and receptionist, there was not 6 people needed to bill insurance companies, we need to get back to that and here is how you do that,

Yes, getting the Lawyers out of our healthcare is another way to lower cost, and I have some ideas about that

Here is a simple video I made 5 years ago, I never published it but I will share it here just to get the conversation started for some real solutions

Seriously?

Paul Ryan passing his plan though the House in 2016/2017 ring a bell? Remember Trump winning the presidency in 2016 with a GOP Senate and House until the House was lost in the mid terms?

I’m laughing. You literally just described the GOP’s 8 year campaign to repeal ACA.

C’mon, Google. The Affordable Care Act has saved billions in health care costs - STAT

The whole point of ACA was to bring down costs. Most of that came from how doctors and hospitals were paid, reducing waste and letting patients out too early only to have them come right back.

And I already said not all of it worked and gave reasons as to the assumptions the administration made (which was Dem - I guess I needed to point that out).

Remember, since 2011, the GOP has held the Senate, House or both, leaving no possibility of the Dems fixing anything with the ACA.

We already went through this. I posted a nice list months ago. Some of that:,

• Cut prescription med costs.
  • Allow national price negotiations on drug prices.
  • Cap the prices hospitals can charge private insurers
  • Offer more subsidies, which was actually passed in the recent Covid-19 relief package temporarily, related to the public marketplace.
1 Like

After the 2016 elections, Republicans maintained a majority in the Senate, House, state governorships and wielded newly acquired executive power with the ascension of Trump to the presidency.

The Republican Party controlled 69 of 99 state legislative chambers in 2017, the most it had held in history; and at least 33 governorships, the most it had held since 1922. The party had total control of government (legislative chambers and governorship) in 25 states, the most since 1952; the opposing Democratic Party had full control in only five states. Following the results of the 2018 midterm elections, the Republicans lost control of the House yet maintained hold of the Senate.

1 Like

The power of the internet that never forgets, a chronicle of Trump’s promises on healthcare.

I said from the start, had he spent his time and focus on healthcare, he would still be president right now.

But he didn’t know what he was getting into when he made his healthcare promises on the campaign trail or after his election:

Quote from 2017:

“I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.”

Everybody knew.

I think the bigger problem for the GOP later into his presidency was maintaining the repeal and replace campaign against Obamacare while many people were actually benefiting from the ACA. People especially liked the protections for pre-existing conditions provided by the ACA, which the Trump admin was simultaneously trying to take away thought lawsuits while saying it was saving it. That’s some complicated policy.

I saw this in a news feed, it really shows how out of touch those running for office are

1a

Now we can have a conversation.

Just who is going to cut the prescription med cost

I like the negotiation of drug prices, but just who is doing the negotiating

Cap of hospital charges sounds like cap on rent, it does not work, just look at NYC

Subsidies is what got us into this mess

This all sound like heavy handed government actions, which only creates supply shortages and stagnates innovation

What we need is to get the government out of our healthcare and insert the Free Market.

It all comes down to supply and demand, right now there is more demand then supply so prices keep going up and no incentive to innovate

We need to double the number of hospitals , triple the number of doctors, then let them compete for our business

The prescription drug cartel is a whole deferent animal, and I would rather see people living healthier life styles and depending less of drugs

thanks for the reply and look forward to reading what you would like to add

Take care
Dennis

Then tell me why for some to benefit others must see their premiums double and level of care cut in half

again I quote Bill Clinton

1c

Real is Rare Fake is Everywhere :100:

This would be a big step in fixing healthcare in America,

1b

Speaking of the actions of President Trump and the Actions" of sleepy Joe ;

What he didn’t say was - that - yes whilst Warren Buffett owns the American end - Bill Gates owns the Canada end

Honest people never had a chance of getting a decent deal did they ? - Well not when ruled by the “Democrats” anyway ! :rofl: :rofl:

So that makes the Republican’s worthless for doing nothing when they got in office :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The dark side of social media – how can we protect children?

Starve the Negativity & Feed the Positivity