Political Opinion

It has worked long term in Israeli kibbutz’ but any larger community leads to people shirking and hoarding beyond the ability of the group’s social pressures to keep it even

Rolf)) Thank you for post, interesting information))

So, barring some complete game-changer, knocking Romney totally out of the race, it looks like Romney has a “virtual” lock on the nomination.

hmmmm, i do not understand you manm what did you mean?

Romney does not [B]actually[/B] have the nomination locked up, [B]yet.[/B] But, he already has 74% of the delegates he will need.

There is nobody else in the race who can beat Romney to the required number of 1,144 delegates.

So, unless Romney becomes very ill or dies, he is going to be the nominee. He has the nomination [B]virtually[/B] locked up.

The nomination of Mitt Romney confirms my initial misgivings about the Republican Party… We have been caterwauling about Obama for the past 4 years and now we are going to nominate somebody who would only slow the pace of government growth by 4%… Even Jimmy Carter said he would be fine with Mitt Romney because he has “demonstrated his flexibility on the issues”… I would of thought the so called Conservatives would have learned a lesson from back in 08 when they tried to make a moderate like John McCain President… I suppose Fox News isn’t the best at picking candidates…

Unfortunately our rather pathetic nomination setup only comes from those with pockets deep enough, and egos big enough to want to run in the first place. And sometimes an ego big enough will open pockets of others that are deep enough.

Do you honestly think that the republican party told Newt to run? Or Paul? Or Santorum?, and this is Romney’s second go around, and he’s quite obviously a second tier candidate at best.

To boot, the primary turnout for votes a was woefully apathetic.

I liked the idea of Rick Santelli running. But sadly, the truth is, no one smart enough to do it, wants the job…

An election year is a good time to talk about reforming the way we pick candidates and reforming the way we run elections, because during an election year more people are paying attention. And there’s no doubt that reform is sorely needed.

But, it’s too late to reform anything in [I]this[/I] election cycle. The outcome of this election cycle is almost certain: It will be Romney vs Obama.

• If you’re a [I]liberal Republican,[/I] probably you like Romney somewhat, and dislike Obama somewhat.

• If you’re a [I]moderate Republican,[/I] probably you love Romney, and despise Obama.

• If you’re a [I]conservative Republican[/I] — or a [I]Conservative[/I] or [I]Libertarian[/I] who does not self-identify as a Republican — then probably you dislike Romney somewhat, and hate Obama.

In each of these cases, the logical choice should be clear: Choose the better candidate of the two. Clearly, that’s Romney.

Would Romney be a great president compared to some other Republican? Maybe. Maybe not.

Will Romney be a great president compared to Obama? Without a doubt.

The worst thing that any [I]Republican/Conservative/Libertarian[/I] could do in November would be to refuse to vote for Romney because he’s not the [I]perfect[/I] candidate, or because he’s not the candidate we [I]preferred[/I] earlier in the campaign.

Any sort of “protest vote” in November — including not voting at all — would be the same as a vote for Obama.

If you think that Romney is the better choice, [I]by any margin[/I] — then, by all means, [I]vote for Romney.[/I]

check this video out

[video]We The People - YouTube

okay here is an article about or favorite president. According to this article Obama (his admin) went into the official bios of just about every president and altered them to include him and link his efforts to there “unfinshed work”

Disgusting! This a$$ hole has to go!

White House under fire for adding Obama policy plugs to past presidents’ bios | Fox News

For what linking his screw ups to others accomplishments? How else is he going to get a cop out man. Give the guy an E for effort at least :stuck_out_tongue:

[B][U]Absolutely[/U][/B]!

The only problem is: There are too many, uhm lets say, “slow” ppl in this country already who would elect him again. Period from my side.

You can discuss this all, but closed minds are not open for logical reasons, nor are they open for the truth. So those will elect him again. Just pray there is for whatever reason this year a decreasing amount of such ppl. All what you can do.

Have fun trading! :wink:

I’m a Libertarian and I have no problems with Romney. I have a lot of issues with Obamarama, tho. Since he was elected. A muslim who is speaking to the American People from Afhanistan. Is he an Afghan or an American Citizen? This guy is just a waste of energy!

That’s true for almost all government people. If somebody is smart enough he won’t work for the government. He would go for Corporate America and then put his effort into the market and compete to others.

It’s almost a done-deal.

Romney is only 68 delegates away from the 1,144 delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination.

“Clinch” is a relative term in politics. Assuming Romney reaches the required number of delegates, it’s not a mathematical certainty that he will become the party’s nominee, but the probability is so high that we might as well say he’s got it.

Edit (5/30/12) — Romney has exceeded the required 1,144-delegate threshold, with a gain of 88 delegates in the Texas primary on May 29. As of 12:15am EDT, Wednesday, May 30, AP reports that Romney has 1,174 committed delegates, with 608 uncommitted delegates remaining.

Edit (6/7/12) — With primaries in California, New Jersey, South Dakota, New Mexico, and Montana behind us, the latest tally from the AP gives Romney 1,480 committed delegates.

It’s time to look ahead to mending some fences within the Party. Primaries are always bruising, and this one was more brutal than most. There may be some fat lips and black eyes that need an ice-pack. But, now that the bar-room brawl is over, these guys can shake hands, and unite to put an end to the Obama Regime.

The acrimony should be over by the time the Convention begins. I’m expecting — if not love and kisses — at least peace and harmony among the Republicans attending this year’s Convention. I just hope it isn’t so peaceful and so harmonious as to be boring.

After a week of bonding, networking and partying at the Convention, it will be time to roll out the big guns. We’ve got some heavy-duty fighting to do before Election Day in November. In addition to unseating Obama, we need to take back the Senate, and improve our majority in the House of Representatives.

If all that can be achieved, this year will be a smashing success.

And yet, there will be still more to do. At every level of government, there’s a massive, entrenched Liberal Ruling Class that needs to be torn down. And that will ultimately be a multi-year task.

I hope that the upcoming Convention will rally the troops, and prepare them for the political war we’re about to enter.

Well I know that I will never vote against my conscience again. I’ve done this “better than two evils” junk when I voted for the last moderate, McCain.

I’m not going to vote for somebody who has supported the bailouts, pretty much authored Obamacare and said that his Massachusetts mandate would be good for the whole country… No.

This country is off to hell and until these dolt Republicrats realize that the destruction of America is Bipartisan we will go down like every other nation that started clipping coins and overextending itself.

If Moderate Mitt Romney wins and continues the bail outs and all the big gov programs he will forever taint the appearance of Capitalism and Free Markets. People are still saying that George W Bush… Mr “we have to abandon the free market to save it”… Mr no child left behind and Medicare part D… Mr 5 trillion in debt, Is a true conservative and cite him as an example for why they think free markets are bad and we need more regulations… The only problem is George Bush WASN’T a conservative so it gave conservatives a bad name.

The thing I hate even more than Liberals are Liberals who claim to be conservative… Look at Speaker Beaner talking about how people who renounce their citizenship over taxes are horrible… Well I suppose the founders of this nation who renounced their British citizenship over taxes are horrible too, huh. Even people like Paul Ryan who talk about balancing the budget are not even conservative… Yea under his plan the budget won’t be balanced until 2050. What a worthless joke these “Republicans” are. Boy how the paradigm has shifted left over the last several years.

If Mitt Romney gets elected an continues his liberal bs from Massachusetts, destroying the economy further, we will be done. It will be a LONG time before we ever get a true conservative president… That’s assuming there is still an America…

If we Lose freedom here, there’s no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth.

It won’t be all hugs and kisses.

In fact, there may be a rather large surprise. There’s a lot of scuttlebutt about Romney not playing by the rules at the state convention level.

Paul has garnered a lot more delegates than the current media count shows, and since Romney played silly games like locking RP’s following out of conventions, or turning the lights off, and clearing the building out early, they say they may vote RP’s way in the first round of the balloting.

Here’s a little more clarity: Romney Wins Popular Vote in North Carolina, But Ron Paul Will Win the Delegates

[B]jollygreenfello,[/B]

I’m trying to follow your logic here. But, to be candid, you’re losing me. Are you saying that given the choice between the current situation, and a better situation, you would not vote for a better situation?

If you won’t vote for the [B]lesser[/B] of two evils, what does that mean? That you will vote for the [B]greater[/B] of two evils?

What’s the logic in that?

I feel like Mitt Romney is a Judas Goat working for all the liberals… I wouldn’t be surprised if he was really a democrat, to be honest. I honestly think he is running for president in the wrong party.

Imo there is no choice. I see very little difference in policies between Romney and Obama. I honestly don’t believe Romney at all. It’s hard to find an issue that he hasn’t changed positions on… He Supported TARP, Stimulus, Abortion, Assault Weapons Ban, bailouts, Obamacare, etc.
I would rather not vote for somebody that is either A: clueless on economics and the Constitution… or B: He just is just changing his position to what people want to hear.

He has changed positions on far too many things. He would be lying if he said he changed his positions because he figured out he was wrong. Even if it were true, if he was wrong on so many issues, what would make me think he wouldn’t screw up again as president?

All I am saying is, if we do elect Romney, the Republican party and what little remnants of free markets are left will be destroyed. People will view the failures of Romney’s administration as a failure of Capitalism and free markets, much like they did under Bush. (Who did not believe in free markets). Our generally brainwashed public will then throw Capitalism in the bin and elect somebody even more radical than Obama… Somebody that will “not let a good crisis go to waste”.

We are in a Catch 22 here. If Obama wins a 2nd term he will go crazy since he won’t care about reelection. If Romney wins, conservatism will Be tainted for a long long time. I mean really, if Romney is a true conservative, why would he reappoint Bernanke?

Im going to vote for Ron Paul an Pray for this nation, because Romney vs Obama is a lose, lose.

This economy will collapse and it would be nice to have a leader who is willing to steer the car into a ditch at 60 mph, rather than drive it 120 mph off a cliff.

I’m going to vote for Mitt Romney – and pray for Mitt Romney – because a vote for Ron Paul would be a wasted vote.

And a vote for Obama would be a vote for the total destruction of the United States.

I really like Clint’s FX takes. Your other takes I can’t say I find as spot on (That hopefully reflects time spent studying each subject). I wonder how your opinion of Obama is for the time period covered in the Frontline Wall St doc? I for one felt it painted the picture that the right guy was elected, at least as far as the two options we had and how the problem was going to be dealt with. Perfection? No. Yet it seemed that McCain treated it seemingly like another political game to play, and got schooled somewhat.

Another thing I grasped from that doc was that these politicians really have little clue about so much in the “specialized” world we live in today. I think I saw John Edwards in the background of an important speech or gathering. Sheesh, can’t say I trust anything he would make a decision on knowing him now. Can we blame the politicians? Perhaps. After all they are masters of their own profession, which as time progresses, seems to be more disconnected and antithetical to what the good or correct solution to an issue may be. Watching the conservative congresspersons (who weren’t in on the serious meetings over the bailouts) do their political grandstanding without asking their leaders, “hey, what was so scary that you guys are willing to bail someone out?”. Seeing the congressional leaders confused and worried makes those who had no idea of the reasoning yet spewed rhetoric even less respectable. I almost wish we could take “real” decisions away from politicians, and let them somehow continue their popularity contest in a venue that didn’t affect policy.

Obama a Marxist? Come on. Obama for the most part has been Bush in a black body. Continued the anti-constitutional policies, continued the war on terror with the same executive powers, stayed lax on Wall st regulation. The only thing he did that Bush wouldn’t is institute the 1990’s GOP health care proposal, somewhat watered down thanks to the 2010s GOP. Funny how people have such short term memories in this country. It shows though, because every 4 years you really don’t get anything different. Though a lot of independents have realized this. Just is funny how barely anything changed since Bush, and all of a sudden its Marxist policy. A Marxist wouldn’t have put up with former Wall Street ppl in economic positions (Hank Paulsen). Did anyone see “Inside Job”? The revolving door makes the whole system look like a sham, and well it is. When we start crying about Marxists and Facists, they keep us distracted from the simple realities. They play us for fools, much like the FOREX is so easy everyone come trade crowd. Then they take advantage. Regurgitating hyperbole just signals everyone that you’re under the influence, and it’s a hell of a drug