Political Opinion

Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents

In a rebuff to former President Donald Trump, the Supreme Court is allowing the release of presidential documents sought by the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Apparently a Brit - ish man recently decided to take a Mostly Peaceful Holiday in Texas and visit a local Synagogue to pay his respects - But was not made welcome.

Bri-ish Man Visits a Texas Synagogue - YouTube

This was my sentence. Keep up.

One lady died because of an accidental overdose.

That doesn’t say only one lady died.

That doesn’t say no other women were killed.

And the lady shot by police is known to everyone following the situation. The woman who overdosed AND was trampled by the mob is not as well known.

You have a really difficult time picking up on nuance. Probably the cause of many of your life issues.

I’m moving on. But get that last word in.

1 Like

This is something they don’t get

NO! It is not their Job, We are not China or the Old Soviet Union, Our constitution protects our right to “rally and protest” The FBI has become the KGB

Was the FBI just doing its job in the case of Dr. Martin Luther King

1a

1a2

i agree but they have been at rallies since the 60’s this is nothing new

they killed MLK that too is nothing new, sad but true and nobody cared

Nobody cared because all the politicians saw MLK as a threat

Just as they saw Donald Trump as a threat, you are correct is saying nothing changes

1 Like

Martin Luther King was not a politician, and his work came from the heart. Donald Trump can never pose a threat because the real power is in congress, not Donald Trump.

The actions by the Democrat controlled congress, CIA and FBI against President Trump tells a different story, Yes they feared him

you do know congress can remove a president, right

Keeping the Balance: What a President Can Do and Cannot Do

A PRESIDENT CAN . . .

• make treaties with the approval of the Senate.
  • veto bills and sign bills.
  • represent our nation in talks with foreign countries.
  • enforce the laws that Congress passes.
  • act as Commander-in-Chief during a war.
  • call out troops to protect our nation against an attack.
  • make suggestions about things that should be new laws.
  • lead his political party.
  • entertain foreign guests.
  • recognize foreign countries.
  • grant pardons.
  • nominate Cabinet members and Supreme Court Justices and other high officials.
  • appoint ambassadors.
  • talk directly to the people about problems.
  • represent the best interest of all the people

A PRESIDENT CANNOT . . .

• make laws.
  • declare war.
  • decide how federal money will be spent.
  • interpret laws.
  • choose Cabinet members or Supreme Court Justices without Senate approval.

Is Congress the highest power?

The Constitution specifically grants Congress its most important power — the authority to make laws. A bill, or proposed law, only becomes a law after both the House of Representatives and the Senate have approved it in the same form.

How much power does a congressman have?

The Constitution grants Congress the sole authority to enact legislation and declare war, the right to confirm or reject many Presidential appointments, and substantial investigative powers.

Does the legislature have more power than the governor?

They also command wide press coverage by virtue of being the leading elected official in their state. Finally, while there are variations in degree across the states, most governors have more power relative to their state legislatures than does the U.S. president relative to the U.S. Congress.

Are humans the creators of their own lives

https://www.hardquestionstoanswer.com

you do know they tried and failed, right

No congress has ever removed a sitting president

Who is Ray Epps?

1 Like

[/quote]

In the bus which plunged 2000 feet down a ravine one woman died due to choking on a peanut !

A LIe by Omission is just as much a LIE as any other form !

And yes I expect you will run away from the proof of Falsehood !

And I note you failed to answer my points b) and C)

In fact you Have yet to comply with even my first demand !

Falstaff going offline

Liable to be 2 - 4 weeks due to ISP cockups

See y’all in a bit !

(It’ll be quite interesting to see how I survive with no Internet ! :rofl:

1 Like

they was about to enact the law to remove trump but trump did the right thing, the power is stil in congress hands

How can Congress limit the influence of the president?

Congress can override a veto by passing the act by a two-thirds vote in both the House and the Senate. (Usually an act is passed with a simple majority.) This check prevents the President from blocking an act when significant support for it exists.

U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

The Constitution gives Congress the authority to impeach and remove the President, Vice President, and all federal civil officers for treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

You have no idea what you are saying

How is Ray Epps ?