Political Opinion

Yes there are - the 13 Ukranian male and female defenders of Zmiinyi Island (Snake Island) who have just given their lives in defence of their homeland.

I have just listened to the audio where a Russian warship called on those few to surrender or die.

Their answer “Russian warship go F yourself”.

The warship then bombed them to death.

Lest there be doubt about Russian political thinking - just have witnessed on ITV news a Russian tank proudly displaying the hammer and sickle flag from it’s turret as it raced across the Ukranian border.

The USSR strikes back?

I am sure there are hundreds of similar stories coming from Afghans, Iraqis, and Syrians facing down US forces, but this does not fit US propaganda so you will never her their stories

By “noble” I was speaking of the governments but I am sure you knew that.

I am not sure why you and a few others here seem to have a need to prove others wrong. I did not say you are wrong, I just pointed out that two people can look at the same information, come up with two different opinions and both be right.

I am just trying to find that middle ground that some here refuse to go near

may the bombs stop and the talking start

Could this also have more to do with WW2, as Ukraine sided with Germany and to this day Ukraine remains a very fascist country?

Again neither side can claim to be " noble" and again I am not saying you are wrong, just that there is a lot more going on here then what the media is telling you

1 Like

Well, we’re still typing at each other, hearing each other out. That’s something.

1 Like

I think they are also a very large exported of grains, stemming from the agriculture land mentioned by Peterma.

1 Like

In history there is no right or wrong - there is just is what was.

What is happening in Ukraine right now is not history and it is wrong - being ‘noble’ is being on the side of good - it is simple - a battle of evil vs good and it is a battle of little people, not some vague term of governments.

The little people who are fleeing the onslaught tonight cannot remember ww2 nor do they care - are they fascists? - Putin and his circle say they are but does that make it so I wonder.

2 btw’s - first and foremost not good practice to wish others to feel they are right or wrong - apologies if I’ve caused that - was not the reason why i posted.

Second, not wishing to cause feeling of being wrong, but Ukraine population had not such a good time under Nazi occupation - over 4 million of their men-folk joined the Red Army to fight the Nazis - Russian and Ukraine brotherhood goes back 100’s of years - hence the shock yesterday in Kyiv and the reluctance to believe the US intelligence analysis in the lead up to the invasion.

1 Like

Comes from what is known as “black soil” - Ukraine is 3rd place in world by area.

Black soil is rich in organic material - thus the term ‘breadbasket of Europe’ often attributed to Ukraine.

Worldbank: Ukraine’s proximity to large and growing neighbouring markets – the Russian Federation and the European Union – and access to deep sea ports at the Black Sea, provide direct access to world markets, especially large grain importers in the Middle East and North Africa

That narrative could well change - though i hope not.

1 Like

The ordinary people ( little people) are always the victims rather it is Russia or the US doing the invasion, I like to think or at least try to be consistent in opposing such aggression no matter what country including my own.

Pardon me for not jumping on the anti-Russia bandwagon, I have just seen for to many years my country try to make Russia the villain, while the US does the same thing, the invasion of Afghanistan is a great example, Russia does it BAD, US does it GOOD

No mater what the reason just or not just, people, good people will die , this saddens me

Good conversation, take care

1 Like

It is good to not jump onto any bandwagon save the bandwagon headed to Truth.

Ireland is neutral, has been so for many years, our neutrality is not a sign of weakness, it is our strength.

There is no reason that little people must die in this war, war is evil and any person who instigates war, who causes war, who causes death, who gives the order to fire death is propagating evil - plain and simple.

So how do we face this evil?

First up we do not excuse it., rather we confront it. Second we expose it - evil hates light.

Thirdly we employ the ultimate force of Good - prayer. Likely many will poo-hoo this but I have seen this choice in action and yes, it will move a mountain.

2 Likes

This video should scare the Sh-t out of you, and it is coming

say goodbye to democracy and say hello to Technocracy

1 Like

Another great piece by Russell Brand, he takes on the hypocrisy of the US and Nato nations

2 Likes

This could escalate into something seriously sinister for Europe, and the rest of the Globe…

Sounds like she has more insight to the Soviet mindset than most.

“Older men start wars, but younger men fight them. ” ― Albert Einstein

2 Likes

Dennis There are stories, but must we keep comparing what is happening now to America? Also, Dennis, we are talking about taking over a whole independent country and making that country yours. The more you compare the more it sounds like you are making excuses for this invasion.

Any act or statement a clown makes is intended to prove how stupid they are.

Some conservative media hosts ridiculed Biden’s warnings of a Russian attack. Now they say it’s his fault.

1 Like

Yes, they are and always have been. These people are trying to destroy America. their wish will be granted

Letters: ‘What in God’s name is happening to the U.S.A.?’ Responses to Ukraine sickening

Sickening to hear congressional Republicans criticize President Biden instead of supporting him and the country.

Sickening also to have a talk show host, Tucker Carlson, to broadcast his support for Russia to millions of people.

What in God’s name is happening to the U.S.A.?

We get to see who the real traitors are and their agenda.

Outdated in Ukraine right now - there are many young women fighting for their homeland along with the young men - and sadly giving their lives.

Likewise many young Russian soldiers without knowing why they are attacking their neighbours.

Russia becoming more polarized in Europe as this war goes on - mostly Russian people not aware of what is happening in their name.

Pope Francis calling for prayer this coming Ash Wednesday for peace.

1 Like

Hitler and Putin

I like this cartoon. — I’ve added a caption, with some “comments” from der Führer.

Hitler's little mini-me Putin

You’re a good little Putin. — Your invasion of Ukraine takes a page out of my military playbook.

Sadly, your little Ukraine adventure wasn’t as well planned, and isn’t being as well executed,
as my 1939 invasion of Poland.

But what the hell, you’re trying your best. — Good boy.

I hear you’ve seized Chernobyl. You should rename that radioactive wasteland Putingrad.
It suits you.

2 Likes

If you have not the stomach for George Orwell’s 1984, Might I suggest a much lighter read Orwell’s Animal Farm. As with Orwell’s other dystopian novel, Animal Farm is very timely in how our governments are slowly taking away our freedoms and how some think that is a good thing. It is a short read and the audio book is under 3 hrs and is free on youtube

Yes, very true, you are correct for once… Let me rephrase that comment…

" War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the Old and Bitter into killing each other…"
Grand Theft Auto IV

Has more of a “Trouble(s)d” resonance too it… And not a pronoun to be seen…

VIVA Ukraine

2 Likes

You are correct, great suffering or injustice will come, but it already exists, and it’s only getting worse

Dennis, don’t stress yourself out too much, everything will be okay