Political Opinion

Putin is losing his damn mind

President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian nuclear deterrent forces put on high alert Sunday. He said the move was a response to “aggressive statements” by leading NATO powers and economic sanctions by the West.

The directive means Putin has ordered Russia’s nuclear weapons prepared for increased readiness to launch, suggesting that tensions could boil over into a nuclear war.

Putin puts nuclear forces on high alert; Ukrainians, Russians agree to talks - live updates

That little black book told us so much about the future :pray:

Few years back Putin told the story of the rat.

He was a young teenager living in one of those huge concrete USSR blocks. (when you see these blocks in real life there is only one colour - grey).

Anyways there were lots of rats and a juvenile pastime was to chase these rats with a stick. One day the young Putin was in hot pursuit of a particularly large rat - all was well until the rat found itself in a corner - then it turned on it’s pursuer snarling and spitting. The hunter very quickly became the hunted and he high tailed through a door, much to his relief.

When he told this story he commented that it was a life lesson, that when you hunt someone into a corner they will fight back.

Seems maybe he has forgotten this lesson.

(I’ve paraphrased but this story was told by Putin himself)

1 Like

“He imprisons his political opponents”

And here in the US we imprison Whistle-Blowers and bar political opponents from having their voices heard on social media. How is this any different Mr Romney

taking your words at face value, please tell me what part is treasonous

it’s better to burn out than fade away.

“lesser evil”

Really!

They support endless war,
Refused to prosecute those responsible for 2008 Financial crisis
But the insurance industry in charge of our healthcare
Divide us with Identity Politics
Judge people by Skin Color
Prosecute Whistle-Blowers
Cities run by democrats are human shooting galleries
Gave us a 30 Trillion and growing National Debt
and now Run-a-way inflation

I could go on but where is the " lesser evil"

IMO

I have no clue what you are talking about, I never used the word “treasonous”

Have you considered changing your screen name to Strawman?

It’s like you are deflecting blame from the current situation. You also didn’t believe a war was brewing. Tucker Carlson and you should get together to figure out what to do next.

yes America has it problems and it will sort itself out. Both you and Carlson were saying the same things before this war that you thought would never happen now both look like clowns and are speaking another tone to keep the focus off the dumb stuff you said.

If you believe people have no history worth mentioning, it’s easy to believe
they have no humanity worth defending

And here in the West we sit behind our keyboards, warriors all, immune from even fear itself.

Leaving Dublin airport tonight one of the many ex-pat Ukrainians answering the call from his homeland after kissing his wife and children was asked “are you afraid?”

Of course I am was his answer.

The citizens army, returning ex-pats, good few are vets, wear a yellow arm-band high up on their left arm - many are older guys - they wear yellow with pride:

If the US was invaded by Russia, this is how Dennis and his republican friends would look, except they’d be fighting for russia, not their own country

1 Like

Back to personal attacks, some people never grow

But I am no better as I keep trying to have a civil conversation, my bad

Just my opinion, nothing personal :+1:

Ukraine Invasion: Thousands join exodus from Ukraine

Ukraine Invasion: Volunteers queue to join Ukrainian army

You have, sadly, SO misread all of this…

did i really

While evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Trump, Who Wanted to Withdraw the U.S. from NATO, Now Claims Credit for Its Existence :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

Ukrainian Ambassador Reads Texts From Russian Soldier Before He Was Killed