Political Opinion

I am not quite sure how this is a strawman by either of us, and you sure are hooked on that “US curr a/c” a term I have never seen used here in the US by any financial news program. But using your graph, it sure does paint a bleak picture for our current speaker of the house.

no strawman, no TDS, good conversation

take care

The only positive I see in NATO is those members are not likely to be shooting at each other. On the negative side, you have a huge imbalance of power which both Russia and China are going to see as a threat and will act upon that threat (for example, Ukraine and Taiwan) NATO is much larger today than during the real threat of the USSR. There is little reason to increase NATO spending just as there is little reason for the ridiculously large American defense budget. But NATO is your problem, I will let you have the last word on what is best on that front. Here in the US we have become the Roman Empire and seem to be hell-bent on repeating history

God Help Us

1 Like

Unfortunately, @Dennis3450 has allowed Bill and Ben, The Flower Pot Men to deflect the discussion away from what is the most serious issue of late… The raid on a future US Presidential candidate.

The longer the Biden Administration controls congress, the more brazen, bold and adventurous both Russia and the CCP will become…

So, I’ll remain on point… Withering information is coming to light about who knew what and when outside of the FBI prior to the raid, search and subsequent seizure of material from Trump’s residence.

Seems that Biden knew all along that the raid was about to take place… Watch the video above as it gets even worse for the DOJ and the White House.

Even CNN are struggling to keep the TDS top spinning against Donald Trump.

Watch the CNN News anchor squirm… as the GOP Interviewee drops constant truth bombs…
|
|
FWIW… The CCP won’t invade Taiwan. They had their chance when the Biden Administration was distracted with the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan. Then when Russia commenced the incursion into the Ukraine… The US cannot fund or support two theatres of operation, especially at the moment…

And again before/during/after Pelosi and Son’s recent visit to the Island nation…

They did nothing… Now the CCP is in a fight of their lives internally with public riots, a massive housing crisis, an even larger debt crisis… The West just has to stop exporting food to China for three weeks… Millions would starve… That would be enough to bring Beijing to their knees.

China is effectively bankrupt… Morally and Financially… They cannot afford to wage a war…

1 Like

Donald took those documents for what reason?

If he didn’t take those documents or return all of them, there would be no raid, You cannot deflect from this behavior and there is no excuse for it

Karl Rove: ‘Beyond me’ why Trump held on to docs ‘when he had no legal authority’

Karl Rove, who served as a senior adviser to former President George W. Bush, said on Friday that former President Trump did not have the authority to take presidential documents with him to his Mar-a-Lago residence when he ended his term.

“Why he was holding on to these materials when he had no legal authority to do so under the Presidential Records Act is beyond me,” Rove, a Fox News contributor, said during an appearance on the network.

They have to keep the greatest president of all time Donald Trump on the front page/lead story to hide the incompetence of the current president.

I call Donald Trump the greatest just to get the TDS crowed making stupid replies.

But then again, has any former president held the attention of congress, and media the way Trump has. Are they really that fearful of him, and what is it they fear, that is the question I would like to see answered, and not by or TDS friends

The once great nation

Your Führer shall rise again

Is it the FBI or Meta making the decision?

Sounds like Meta to me. The Berg is looking for a scapegoat. He didn’t actually say the FBI said block the story.

1 Like

Take the loop holes away from the rich and corps and off-shore tax havens. you might be on to something.

3 Likes

@dudebro, Couldn’t agree more… They never go after the billions owed by corporates, too many vested interests playing that game… The Pelosi’s Christmas’s would never be the same…

This conversation about Tax compliance was put to the then Australian Prime Minister John Howard in the early 2000’s. The Australian Tax Office (ATO = IRS) had just simplified taxation by installing a 10% GST (Goods & Services Tax) across 85% of the economy.

He was asked by the media why Joe Public’s annual tax returns couldn’t be simplified or even automated saving most Australian Tax payers time and money, most which use Tax Agents to complete and submit our diabolically complicated annual returns.

His answer… “People love doing their Tax Returns once a year!!”

This is the kind of manipulating and idiotic Politician’s we have running nations in recent times…

1 Like

There’s a similar story about the top tax software company lobbying the govt and IRS to not offer a free tax software for 20+ years, making their own software the go-to for tax preparation rather than something free.

Inside TurboTax’s 20-Year Fight to Stop Americans From Filing Their Taxes for Free — ProPublica.

1 Like

How Do Corporations Avoid Paying Taxes?

America has no laws against it

At least 55 of the largest corporations in America paid no federal corporate income taxes on their 2020 profits, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. Some of these companies include big names FedEx, Nike, HP and Salesforce, and it’s costing the U.S. government billions of dollars. Those 55 corporations would have paid a collective total of $8.5 billion. Instead, they received $3.5 billion in tax rebates, collectively draining $12 billion from the U.S. government. These estimates don’t include corporations that paid only some but not all of these taxes, like Netflix and Amazon.

It’s crazy. Microsoft was notorious for off-shoring sales through their Ireland (I think) entity instead of the US, to circumvent US taxes.

1 Like

Yes, through Ireland, and they weren’t the only ones. The crazy thing is they lobby the government to do that to avoid paying taxes.

Another major issue that america faces is corporate landlords / private equity firms buying up most of the affordable “starter” homes across the country

The need for affordable housing continues to grow in urban centers. The traditional form of affordable housing for suburban and rural areas, mobile homes, have become overrun with speculation, pricing people out through a new type of landlord - private equity.

Renters In America Are Running Out Of Options

I don’t think you people realise just how pervasive the CIA and the FBI are! Their tentacles permeate across the globe…

I’ll give you just one example that I experienced directly… Everyone knows that Xerox, Canon, Konica Minolta and Oce manufacture, distribute and support commercial copy equipment. About 2 decades ago when these machines started to replicate and produce high quality output.

The FBI (They’ll never admit to it!) stepped into all these companies and asked/demanded/ensured that all machines put an encoded serial number (faint yellow toner) on every sheet of output so any counterfeiting of currencies, documents,
any output could be traced back to the serial number and more importantly the owner of the machine that produced it… Every Sheet… Globally!

How did I find out… Xerox told us? Hell… No… I owned $450k of these machines, the company I ran produced millions of electronically scannable Golf Score Cards. When we took the concept from Offset printed to Digitally printed… The scanners used (to verify handicaps) in Golf Courses all over Australia started to intermittently error…

When we blasted Xerox for the issue with their equipment… They had no choice but to confirm that the scanners were intermittently picking up the “US Government” required secret watermark serial number required to sell these machines…

Most are just so naive that they believe stuff like this has to be some sort of Conspiracy Theory

So, Twitter, Google (YouTube), Meta (Facebook) and the mainstream left leaning media ALL decided to censor, block, or remove any negative social media pertaining to Hillary and her servers, Bill and his drug running in Arkansas, Joe and his increasing senility and Hunter and his Ukrainian business dealings and Laptop at the same time…

And now Google is even blocking access to Trump’s Truth Social App in their Google Store…

All obviously, just a massive coincidence.

1 Like

Even CNN’s ambassador for leftism Don Lemon… Is now going after the White House’s complete BS…

The whole charade is about to go up in smoke for Joe, Kamala and the rest of the totally delusional and dysfunctional Democrat Party…

1 Like

This was covered 30 years ago, and you are 100% right. The private sector has yielded to the demands of the F.B.I.

FBI Partnerships and the Office of Private Sector

Leaders in the private sector and the FBI describe the need to work as partners. The FBI’s Office of Private Sector builds, enhances, and supports strategic relationships with private industry and academia to protect economic and national security.

FBI responds to Mark Zuckerberg claims in Joe Rogan show

In a statement Friday night, the FBI said it has provided companies with “foreign threat indicators” to help protect their platforms and customers, but that it “cannot ask, or direct, companies to take action on information received.”

You are still crying over the search, but not over Trump’s actions, how many boxes of tissue do you need

Donald took those documents for what reason?

Some of the documents retrieved from Mar-a-Lago were so secret that FBI agents needed a special clearance to look at them, DOJ says

• The DOJ revealed new information about the items retrieved from Mar-a-Lago in a Tuesday court filing.
  • It said some were so sensitive that agents needed special clearance to see them.
  • Trump has claimed documents and were wrongly seized in the raid and wants them back.

Some of the documents retrieved by FBI agents in their raid of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate were so classified that agents needed special permission to view them, according to Justice Department court documents filed Tuesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/documents-retrieved-mar-lago-were-102958270.html

1 Like

I’m not saying you’re wrong on any of this stuff, but you’re wrong only inlcuding “left leaning media” and only dems doing this crap.

That is the question, who is in charge, and who is controlling whom?

I don’t see Facebook and other social media had anything to gain by censorship, some of the people they have de-platformed or banned have had huge followings, and banning these people is costing them money, on the other hand, government has a great deal to gain from censorship.

On the subject of the FBI, the CBS primetime lineup for last night was as follows

8pm FBI
9pm FBI International
10pm FBI Most Wanted

Old timers here will remember the original FBI TV series that ran from 1965 to 1973 starring Efrem Zimbalist Jr. , the show was authorized by FBI boss J. Edgar Hoover, and vetted by his second in command. The FBI had an image problem following the Kennedy assassination and their spying on civil rights leader Martin L King, the TV series was to whitewash the FBI’s public image. The CBS lineup is clear evidence that the FBI is still working on their public image

The FBI a force for evil, then and now

Do you have an example of the FBI and Fakebook doing this on behalf of Republicans and right-leaning media? I am not aware of any