Political Opinion

I agree. With regard to the Taliban, there are extremist groups in the US that are comparable however. Meaning that there are unfortunately groups in the US that favor the use of violence if needed to further their agenda. It’s interesting that one of the common threads for people to join these groups is perceived economic opportunity. It’s not a religion thing really. People in harsh circumstances are targets, and can be brainwashed in to doing terrible things.

Quite easy to “brainwash” the uneducated into committing violence,I agree. All you gots to do is tell them that other people are talking smack about their particular god. Hopefully now that smartphones are cheap to buy and internet is becoming more readily available — they can get on and see how we are making fun of our gods and that it’s all cool, man.

[QUOTE=“konan;485053”]

What you need is people that can solve real problems, scientists in office, not lawyers and crony capitalists.[/QUOTE]

Lol try engineers…

Honest question for everybody: For what purpose does a business exist?

Simple question, so your answer should be relatively simple, please.

To provide goods and services to customers, usually in return for money that will allow the business to be a going concern, including being able to pay owners and employees as needed and allow for business growth if desired.

Ok, thanks for your answer, anybody else?

[QUOTE=“pipcompounder;485215”]

Ok, thanks for your answer, anybody else?[/QUOTE]

To make money…

Ok…and I’ll wait for O’brian…oops, I mean Konan’s response.

I love tests! Can I go with Hogarste’s response?

I thought folks would appreciate this. There is a financial services blog called ‘here is the city news’ (which is free) and they occassionally have funny things. Below is a list of 13 funny tweets at Goldman Sachs, and a couple made me laugh out loud. I tried to edit a couple of naughty words so no one would get offended.

1. ‘Just be yourself’ is good advice to probably 5% of people.

2. People can be drug-tested to keep their jobs, but not to receive government benefits? Explain that **** to me. Please.

3. I start every cell conversation with ‘my phone’s about to die’ so they don’t waste my time.

4. A guy came up to me at the gym and asked me what event I was training so hard for. Life, motherf*&k@r.

5. Speaking about a firm janitor: 1. ‘Do u think he tells the chicks he works at Goldman Sachs ? 2. Of course - he doesn’t just clean up at work’

6. If someone asks you a question and you don’t know the answer, belittle them. It’s better to be an a&&hole than stupid.

7. If there’s a hot chick behind me at the ATM, I’ll always leave my receipt in the machine so she can see the balance.

8. Guns kill people like spoons make people fat.

9. My 1st wife was vehemently pro-life until my girlfriend got pregnant.

10. Some chick asked me what I would do with 10 million bucks. I told her I’d wonder where the rest of my money went.

11. Every guy I know has paid for sex. One way or the other.

12. I say ‘keep the change’ purely for my own convenience

13. If you brag about starting at the bottom and making it to the top, you are probably still closer to the bottom.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;485256”]I thought folks would appreciate this. There is a financial services blog called ‘here is the city news’ (which is free) and they occassionally have funny things. Below is a list of 13 funny tweets at Goldman Sachs, and a couple made me laugh out loud. I tried to edit a couple of naughty words so no one would get offended.

1. ‘Just be yourself’ is good advice to probably 5% of people.

2. People can be drug-tested to keep their jobs, but not to receive government benefits? Explain that **** to me. Please.

3. I start every cell conversation with ‘my phone’s about to die’ so they don’t waste my time.

4. A guy came up to me at the gym and asked me what event I was training so hard for. Life, motherf*&k@r.

5. Speaking about a firm janitor: 1. ‘Do u think he tells the chicks he works at Goldman Sachs ? 2. Of course - he doesn’t just clean up at work’

6. If someone asks you a question and you don’t know the answer, belittle them. It’s better to be an a&&hole than stupid.

7. If there’s a hot chick behind me at the ATM, I’ll always leave my receipt in the machine so she can see the balance.

8. Guns kill people like spoons make people fat.

9. My 1st wife was vehemently pro-life until my girlfriend got pregnant.

10. Some chick asked me what I would do with 10 million bucks. I told her I’d wonder where the rest of my money went.

11. Every guy I know has paid for sex. One way or the other.

12. I say ‘keep the change’ purely for my own convenience

13. If you brag about starting at the bottom and making it to the top, you are probably still closer to the bottom.[/QUOTE]

Haha… I think I may steal a few of these for my own use… Number 1,3,7 and 8 to be exact.

Some funny, most deuchey

[QUOTE=“konan;485270”]Some funny, most deuchey[/QUOTE]

Who is your avatar… Looks like a French version of Christian Bale

Fine…I just wanted to know what you think a business exists for, not really test. Ok, so my opinion is pretty similar, but the short answer is …PROFITS! How do we get profits? By coming up with something people will think has the value of the money their willing to part with. Ok, so then so many people like the “product” or “service” that I’m willing to pay people to compensate for their time\labor to help me meet the demand, so I can make more PROFIT. Whatever that employee agrees to for compensation, is what they agree to. Now, again business is for profit, not for jobs, they just can come along as part of the necessary structure to run the business. In other words business do not exist for jobs. People don’t have a right to a job. And it really gets to me when employees who agreed to be hired at such and such wage, whine or complain when they see the business owner(s) making more than them, that they should get part of the profit, above wages, too. If they don’t like it, then either go somewhere else, or start your own business-that’s the freedom we have in America. It’s all about what you agree to, so don’t tell me stuff like minimum wage equates to slavery. Slavery is forced labor. Nobody’s making you go to work where you are, you get to choose (If your in America, or another free society). Jealousy is as cruel as the grave. People who say “that’s not fair”, show their ignorance and laziness. GO FIND SOMETHING PEOPLE WANT AND MAKE IT HAPPEN! Otherwise, stop complaining. And I don’t care where jobs are at, whether overseas, or here in US. That is the employer’s business, and nobody else’s. Whatever it takes to make a profit, and stay competitive, as long as the business isn’t stealing, committing fraud, lying, or getting gov’t money handouts\bailouts, it’s legit to me.
Now, this brings us to unions. Why does it take a union to negotiate an employment contract with an employer? Competition goes both ways. Employers are willing to pay for talent, some jobs are in such high demand, with so little talent available, they pay retaining bonus of 7 figures or more. So, from an employee’s perspective, it’s all about what you have to offer an employer, if you want more money, not about griping about how you’re just a lowly store clerk, trying to get by, moan, sympathy for me, the depressed, please…sniff. Unions destroy employee competition. They make it impossible to make more money by proving yourself valuable to an employer. They are a money laundering operation for the Democrat party by taking dues and giving most of them to the Democrats. I had one union job at a grocery store when I was younger, and they took out more dues than I made, enough for a car payment, plus under the terms of their contract (which we must admit here the employer agreed to-that’s the other bad part) a person had to work part-time only for 2 years before they could go full-time. Then my next job was at a store that was completely the opposite. The employer’s goal was to hire an apprentice, have him become an assistant manager in 6 months, and a store manager in a year from hire, making over 6 figures. That was great! It also required working 60 hours or more every week, and I deem my time more valuable then a certain amount of money, personally. That store’s aim was just to explode, opening new stores all the time, more and more business, and store managers got 24% of net profits…pretty good, IMO. I just had to find them.

BTW, I thought we had “sequester problems” affecting the military…oh yeah, that’s code for corruption problems.

Military Signs Contract for Green Jet Fuel That’s Nearly 16 Times the Price of Conventional Fuel | TheBlaze.com

So, you worked in retail? I wonder if you would say all this stuff to a coal miner, steel mill worker, construction guys…Be honest, would you call them moaners or crybabies in their face?

I worked 5 different jobs since I was 16, retail was one, it ain’t exactly a real real job, is it now, sitting on ur arse, yapping with the coworkers…

[QUOTE=“konan;485301”]So, you worked in retail? I wonder if you would say all this stuff to a coal miner, steel mill worker, construction guys…Be honest, would you call them moaners or crybabies in their face?

I worked 5 different jobs since I was 16, retail was one, it ain’t exactly a real real job, is it now, sitting on ur arse, yapping with the coworkers…[/QUOTE]

Why would coal miners be crying about their compensation? Average STARTING salary is $60,000 a year… Same as many college degree requiring professions.

I dunno much about US coal miners but I suspect they won those salaries by unionising?!..as well, they’re risking their lives every day.

[QUOTE=“konan;485306”]

I dunno much about US coal miners but I suspect they won those salaries by unionising?!..as well, they’re risking their lives every day.[/QUOTE]

They are well compensated… So why would they be crying and blubbering about not making ends meet?

My union job was basically retail, the next was busting tires, so pretty labor intensive. You were making my point for me, I was pointing out it’s the people who aren’t really doing much work who whine the loudest…but, how much profit the business ownermakes has nothing to do with what their employees think their business owner should make.