Political Opinion

It’s not surprising that no one here has even mentioned the one real problem that is causing all of this economic downfall in their country and all the rest western democracies, Just because it is connected to the notion of laissez faire. That is the outsourcing of real jobs to Asia…

This is why multinational corporations are showing all time record high profits while the middle class is stagnating and shrinking.

They are all views from the early 20th century people- all the way back to the same views of the early Bronze age people. Very interesting to watch indeed…

So are companies responsible for improving profit margins or maintaining a more expensive workforce. Pure capitalism demands efficient markets, thus sending jobs overseas is in way pro American. The better question is, why can a company manufacture and ship goods back to the US for cheaper than making them down the road?

If sending manufacturing job away is way “pro American”, how come it is killing the American economy then? The answer to your question lies in the fact that Chinese and other workers almost have no human dignity attached to their names and are ready to be literal slave workforce. This is also why they tolerate communism btw…Communism and wild crony capitalism are very much alike.

Isn’t it Ironic that a nation founded on the Communist principals, the People’s Republic of China is forbidding the formation of independent unions that would try to stick up for some rights of that slave workforce?!

Its just economics, and the American economy isn’t dying, companies are reporting record earnings and shares prices are at/above previous pre-GFC highs. Were just in a down cycle :wink:

Pro American because its pro capitalism.

I am shocked by the conditions in China, but big companies like Apple and Microsoft couldn’t care less. Better conditions for workers impacts profits and that’s all that matters.

Looking from the perspective of the middle class and the poor, the economy is in serious peril. The IV of the printed money is hooked on though giving the false security.

is this picture “pro America” or pro China?

Is this one pro America ? …sources Bloomberg

There, that’s the golden 50’s that Shatner is reminiscing about.

Its really not that hard, the problem with governments is that stupid people often get voted in because of financial backing, clever spin or popularity. Really you just need a good mix of lawyers, economists and philanthropists to run the country the same as a business but with social responsibility. Giving out cash for nothing doesn’t stimulate anything, what governments need to do is spend on infrastructure and invest in new technologies and support local business.

Minimum wage is about the same as slavery. Should we pay Macca’s workers $15 an hour?

McDonald’s Workers Demand Higher Pay in NYC Strike - Bloomberg

What you need is people that can solve real problems, scientists in office, not lawyers and crony capitalists.

Scientists??? :23:

You need lawyers to pass and understand new laws but otherwise I agree, kick them to the curb.

Idunno, do you want Mcd’s workers to have any purchasing power and participate in the economy? Or do you wan’t Mcd’s CEO Don Thompson to put that extra 5 dollars in a Swiss bank account?!

Might point exactly.

Although, I am sure Don has bills to pay too, speedboats ain’t free!

I’m all for speedboats, someone has to manufacture and put topless women on speedboats. I don’t harbor same feelings for the safes in the Swiss though

Topless women are important to improve overall market morale, its just a fact.

Evangelicals and the Taliban would totally disagree.

Are you implying that they share certain views?

Not at all. That would be quite a rude implication.