Political Opinion

This is a terrible act by Biden; his term as president will end in 2024.

Biden Raises Costs for Homebuyers With Good Credit to Help Risky Borrowers

Homebuyers with good credit scores will soon be facing higher mortgage fees as the Biden administration seeks to close the racial homeownership gap and get more first-time and low-income buyers through the door.

A new federal rule could raise the monthly mortgage payments of buyers with good credit scores by over $60 a month, while riskier borrowers will get more favorable terms because their fees will be reduced.

Starting in May, the current structure of the Loan-Level Price Adjustment (LLPA) matrix will be upended by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) in the hope of addressing housing affordability challenges in the U.S.

But there have been complaints that the rule change is unfair and potentially ineffective.

ā€œIn the short term, this may increase homeownership among the targeted group, but Iā€™m afraid it could decrease homeownership among the middle class,ā€ Jerry Howard, CEO of the National Association of Home Builders, told Newsweek. ā€œIā€™m not sure that weā€™re not robbing Peter to pay Paul here.ā€

Although George W. Bush was in office during that housing bubble but some people blame Bill Clinton earlier policy that cause the crash. I donā€™t know do you?

Letā€™s try to figure this out together

Great Recession Timeline

Great Recession timeline of the financial crisisā€”also known as the 2008 recessionā€”which lasted in the United States from mid-2007 to June of 2009.

@SmallPaul And which States in the US is Government less intrusiveā€¦??

Since you obviously donā€™t like answering questions that make you look foolishā€¦

Iā€™ll answer it for youā€¦ Most of the Red States!!!

Some posts I read in this site does my head inā€¦ I need to step away every now and then to bang my head on the wall!

I already answer that.

Hereā€™s a Cleary answer for you, Ohio, compare to what Ron DeSantis is doin in Florida

Now maybe you can answer my question

Understandable, Happens some times

It wasnā€™t called the Great Recessionā€¦ Itā€™s referred to as the GFCā€¦ (Global Financial Crisis)

Watch the movie The Big Shortā€¦ Then even youā€™ll understand the events that led up to and caused the GFCā€¦

The Big Short | Ryan Gosling Explaining the 2008 Financial Crisis

2 Likes

I didnā€™t ask you what it was called, You clearly stated that it was government actions in 2008 that caused the crisis, are you now claiming that it was something else?

Simply asking, did the crash occur because of Bush policy or Clinton policy

You tell meā€¦ Iā€™m not in Americaā€¦ Watch the Movieā€¦

1 Like

If you not in America why are you claiming something you donā€™t know about, or was you talking about your Goverment, wink wink

You obviously donā€™t have a clueā€¦ So, for the third time watch the movie and youā€™ll actually learn something based on realityā€¦ Not a political driven narrative from your only news source Yahooā€¦

Great movie by the wayā€¦ Enjoy

1 Like

Ok :+1: lol

Look like we may have a little more details about this

Tucker Carlson departs Fox News, pushed out by Rupert Murdoch

People familiar with the situation who were not authorized to comment publicly said the decision to fire Carlson came straight from Fox Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch, with input from board members and other executives at Fox Corp.

Murdoch elevated Carlson from contributor to daily host status in 2016. He moved into prime time in 2017 following the ouster of Bill Oā€™Reilly, the successful longtime host who left over sexual harassment allegations.

Carlsonā€™s exit was driven in part by the discrimination lawsuit filed by Abby Grossberg, the producer fired by the network last month, the sources said. Carlsonā€™s senior executive producer Justin Wells has also been terminated, according to insiders.

Grossberg was moved off of ā€œSunday Morning Futures With Maria Bartiromoā€ and onto ā€œTucker Carlson Tonight,ā€ where she alleged she was bullied and subjected to antisemitic comments, according to a lawsuit in New York.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2023-04-24/tucker-carlson-is-out-at-fox-news

@SmallPaul Did you miss somethingā€¦ As usual you only post one side of a biased TDS narrativeā€¦

Post after post about Tucker this and Carlson thatā€¦ Almost a renactment of the Salem Witch Trialsā€¦

For those that want real unbiased commentary. Opposed to the one sided drivelā€¦

Read onā€¦

# Tucker Carlson, Don Lemon ditched by Fox News and CNN within an hour of each other in stunning day for US media

1 Like

you do know you can counter what I post, and yes Don Lemon got fired, is that your counter to tucker carlson getting fired?

Additionally, unlike you with Tucker Carlson and Fox News, I do not boast about Don Lemon and CNN.

Therefore, your counter doesnā€™t affect me, but it will affect you with what I post. TDS in his feelings again.

Can you imagine him saying something like this about one of his leaders? I can identify numerous shortcomings in his leaders, but he will remain silent as usual.

Fella come running in here when itā€™s just about the leftists yet keep silent when itā€™s about the conservatives and have the nerve to say- If you wanna see unbiased commentary.

Moving on, I digress.

In addition to Fox News, CNN is holding their media personalities accountable for their words and actions.

Don Lemon firing from CNN linked to explosive on-air exchange with Vivek Ramaswamy; GOP hopeful reacts

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy sounded off on Don Lemonā€™s firing from CNN, which was allegedly linked to a contentious on-air exchange the two of them had last week on "CNN This Morning."

Ramaswamy said, ā€œItā€™s clearā€ their exchange ā€œplayed in roleā€ in what he called a ā€œsound decisionā€ by CNN in an interview with Fox News Digital Monday.

"I think that any network that wants to foster open debate should embrace that principle by not restricting what someone can say or saying what someone can say is restricted based on their skin color. And I think they made the right decision here," Ramaswamy said.

I think we will learn more in the coming days about both of the firings. We donā€™t have all of the facts. Very rushed firings, which leads me to believe more is in store.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the ā€œblame gameā€ culture thatā€™s prevalent throughout society nowadays - always somebody to blame.

Carlson has gotten the blame for the payout.

On the 2008 financial disaster - Govt.s often get the blame - reality is that pure greed by money ppl was the root cause.

Look up Meredith Whitney and her report first on Citi in 2007 and again her view that the financial industry would face a headwind.

3 Likes

Itā€™s sad that everything started with a lie.

Have you ever fallen for the same trick twice? If someone takes advantage of you twice, You only have yourself to blame.

Former Fox News personality Megyn Kelly spent several minutes on her SiriusXM show slamming Carlsonā€™s firing as a ā€œterrible moveā€ by the network, and she asked why other Fox News personalities, whoā€™d also privately questioned Trump and his unproven allegations of fraud while saying the opposite to their viewers, were still employed.

<Tucker Carlson, Don Lemon and the 'stunning' cable news shakeup

Megyn Kelly Speaks on Tucker Carlson Leaving Fox News and What Happens Next.