Political Opinion

Phew! From our various correspondence I figured that was it, but as it was a little ambiguous and some around here need little encouragement to find support for their more unpalatable views I thought I’d ask - sorry to be such a pedant, just you’re one of the good ones, so didn’t want that out there as was!

We’re saying we figured it out, already. It’s a bunch of people being lied to, being told we are evil, that we should be all killed, that Sharia law should be the global law, established by caliphate. It is people who actually are doing what the Koran tells them to do. Most don’t fully obey it, but the ones that do, are the ones blowing stuff up. We call them extremist because it is relative to us, and what is considered normal, but they have a completely different view of what is normal, and part of their normal involves constant killing of their “enemies.” To us, violence is not acceptable, not in the least. To them, violence is not only acceptable, but required. There is absolutely nothing we can do to appease them. Nothing. Their goal is to literally take over the world, establish Sharia law, their religion, and even if they were to get that far, the next thing would be blood spilled from infighting of their various internal factions, which is exactly what is happening in Iraq right now. Peace will never come, never. Only the end of the world will bring peace.

[QUOTE=“SimonTemplar;486826”]
sorry to be such a pedant, just you’re one of the good ones, so didn’t want that out there as was![/QUOTE]

Simon is keeping a naughty and nice list…

GAC!

(Apologies, in case many here aren’t fans of, ahem, Cougar Town, ‘Guilty As Charged’.)

I can smile as my state (Florida) didnt even make the list :slight_smile:

Same with Georiga. If my state was on that list, I’d consider moving lol.

That’s why we shouldn’t listen to what the religious texts written by bored sheep herders tell us! For instance, we would be crazy if we actually listened to Jesus words when he recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. (Matthew 5:29) Or, (Luke 19:27) "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
It’s great that we don’t mind this violent crap anymore and that we don’t burn “heretics and witches” like we used to.

Secularism FTW

Here Are the Top 5 ‘Best’ & ‘Worst’ States for Business: Guess Which Ones CEOs Prefer | TheBlaze.com

YEP YEP YEP!
For obvious reasons.

Konan~ you’re worse than the media for editing out a few words to take them out of context. That verse was finishing a parable, which the explanation involves what will happen to people after they die, who heard truth, and then rejected it. No human will do this, and it won’t be done in this world. But I don’t expect you to understand. Please show me a “Christian” who thinks it’s right to murder.

There are many people who call themselves Christians, or Muslims or Jews (around the world) who think killing is OK when it’s justified by calling those they kill terrorists. One problem is that it is very hard to isolate the real terrorists so that you are only killing them, and in the US we brag about a legal system where people are innocent until proven guilty, yet we dont show the same courtesy to our foreign enemies. What about all of the innocent people (seperatly, I mean the truly innocent folks not fighting us) we’ve killed in Iraq and Afghganistan. Is that OK because the US has a special right to protect istelf so we get a pass if we hurt innocent people because we’re doing good - I don’t think you think this, I’m just making a point.

I’m not a Christian (and not religious at all anyway) but the real values people associate with Christianity (love, charity, forgiveness) I totally agree with. I don’t want to offend anyone in making my point, I’m just saying if Jesus were alive today, do you imagine he would be pleased with the US or very dissapointed in us. I gotta believe that whether or not there is a g*d, the point of our daily struggles is to help each other get through it all. I’ve known some very spiritual athiests and agnostics by the way who were very Christian.

They brainwash you in american schools. they teach that on the eighth day god said “let there be america”.

" Please show me a “Christian” who thinks it’s right to murder.
Why are you putting that adjective under quotes? If I showed you a line of Christians right now that do believe in killing and express that belief with statements and more importantly with their actions, would you then denounce them as being “false Christians”?! It’s a silly request, because I can recite a whole list of Christians, off the top of my head ,that did mass murder throughout history and are doing murder right now under the banner of Christendom…! An arrogant argument/question on your part, unless it was meant to be backed by a “No true Scotsman fallacy”?!
Btw, because I "don’t understand the New Testament, could you also explain these excerpts too?

21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

There are Many more verses like this that promote senseless violence and are to be found in your precious Bible. And yes, they were all used throughout history to justify murder and torture of innocent people. And the Old Testament, now that’s a whole other book filled with justified acts of slavery, murder and genocide!

Now it’s your turn to tell me more about the propagation of atrocity in Koran, and how it is different than what we can find in the Bible.!?

cheers

When a drone strike kills an innocent nameless child in Yemen…should I cry less for him than I did for the 8 year old Martin Richard from Boston?! Why?!

[QUOTE=“konan;487325”]When a drone strike kills an innocent nameless child in Yemen…should I cry less for him than I did for the 8 year old Martin Richard from Boston?! Why?![/QUOTE]

What’s your opinion regarding the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki…?

Or of the carpet bombing runs that Allied bombers made of German towns and cities…?

konan, not sure if this is what you’re referring to, but our drone strikes have nothing to do with christianity. It’s what we believe as protecting our people.

No, I do not believe we should be doing that though either. Not sure I agree with occupying the other countries as a matter of defense. Defense should be done at home.

I’m not going to leave my house to kill somebody because he might break into my home.

Obvious act of mass murder in order to test the effects of nuclear radiation on live subjects. Two same bombs, 4kT I think, over non populated area would have done the same job of persuading the Japanese in the overwhelming superiority…Why?

[QUOTE=“wigglez;487332”]
I’m not going to leave my house to kill somebody because he might break into my home.[/QUOTE]

Would you kill someone who killed your wife… And released a video laying out his plans to kill you…?

[QUOTE=“konan;487335”]

Obvious act of mass murder in order to test the effects of nuclear radiation on live subjects. Two same bombs, 4kT I think, over non populated area would have done the same job of persuading the Japanese in the overwhelming superiority…Why?[/QUOTE]

And carpet bombing runs using conventional weapons on German towns?

I agree, and your explanation is sufficient.
The line is gov’t and civilians, so civilian’s should only kill if directly being threatened and fearful of loss of life, and that mostly happens at their home, although their are obvious rare exceptions where someone might be attacked in public.

Eye for an eye…It’s in the Bible too, right?!