Political Opinion

Strange Behavior In Washington.

You make it a felony to take any kind of classified documents and then turn around and take classified documents and cry about the law you pass after being charge with the law you pass, Strange Behavior.

1 Like

To add a little fair and balance to the conversation, let’s hear from long-time Trump hater Jimmy Dore and his take on all this

Despite Trump’s lies, the Jan-6 riots is not his fault; they are the fault of his emotionally attached fans who will go to any length for him and who are easy to manipulate through words.

Maybe too hear from a long-time Trump supporter, his wing man for 4 years.

“The president specifically asked me, and his gaggle of crackpot lawyers asked me, to literally reject votes, which would have resulted in the issue being turned over to the House of Representatives, and literally chaos would have ensued.”

It’s difficult this side of the Atlantic to figure what is news vs fake news - if it’s true that VP Pence said these words then it’s shocking - Mike Pence is a person who seems to have a huge regard for the US Constitution and yet according to the polls unlikely to get the Republican nomination.

A thought that occurred to me today - a US friend figures that Pres Trump is a candidate that many voters may well vote against - wonder would those same voters vote for VP Pence?

1 Like

Pence is lagging far behind in fund raising. To the point of potentially not qualifying for the upcoming debate at the end of the month.

1 Like

Yep - the Achilles heel of democracy - money,

Putin, Xi, Kim Jong - their focus is a little different.

This is why Pence’s view of democracy is important - no money, just the constitution, come what may.

1 Like

Here is the problem, Americans have a dislike/trust of Washington, and in most cases will vote for the candidate who runs against Washington, calls out Washington’s failures, and says they will fix Washington. Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump all ran against Washington and won.

My fear is that between a pro-Washington press and social media that trend may have changed.

Say hello to 1984

Unlike the kool-ade drinking Dems, most Republicans are still anit-Washington and see Pence as a Washington insider

I am a Rand Paul supporter, but being a sitting member of Congress he too is seen as a Washington insider. To the best of my knowledge, no sitting member of Congress has ever been elected President on a Republican ticket

The most important thing for a democracy to survive is a free and independent press. Russia, China and North Korea do not have this, and you can add the United States to that list

While both parties should be pro American Citizen and pro country, they are not; they do what is best for lobbying groups and you, the citizens, get the leftovers if there is any good in their legislation.

Despite you knowing and understanding this, you still choose to post that, so I guess that could be called your version of independent thinking.

Truth is found in legislation

Just goes to show you that running on that message because it’s a hot topic can get you the win, but what’s the point when you have very little impact in Washington, Congress will always set the president straight on who runs this country, and hope and change is now just a feel good story compared to the past

Ice Cube is Having an independent thought and not being a part of the herd.

Tucker Carlson’s BRUTALLY Honest Interview With Ice Cube (2023)

Tucker Carlson’s BRUTALLY Honest Interview With Ice Cube (2023) | In this interview, Tucker Carlson engages in a thought-provoking discussion with Ice Cube. Join them as they delve into a range of topics, as well as Ice Cube’s perspective in the media industry.

I applaud both of these dudes for having a conversation. We need more conversation, not this new form of segregation.

Interesting take, Tucker has been having “Brutally” honest interviews his whole career.

People with left leaning views that were blacklisted from CNN and MSNBC were welcome on Tucker’s show

There is still hope

That video was intended to get citizens of this country conversing with each other, as neither left nor right media circus can bring us together, as you have demonstrated with your post.

I am just happy that you now seem to realize that Tucker is part of the solution.

As I said before, there is still hope

I hope you have a happy week

Enjoy your week :+1:

America needs to find a solution and stop relying on outside sources. We rely too much on outside sources to dictate our lives.

There is no doubt that either side, if they controlled mainstream media as we have seen both sides do, would push their own ideas. I think the people have never thought for themselves, and probably won’t in the future.

As always, both right and left have control mainstream media at some point, but the only thing that has come out of this is more division among the American people.

We have a solution

Jesus Christ

Yeah, but how many Americans believe in Jesus / GOD these days when science Is telling them something else

Before you boys take us back down the Rabbit Hole that is Religion…

Back to Politics… Topic of this thread… Joe Biden doesn’t want you to remember this…!!

QUID PRO QUO Joe! A favour granted for another in return…

“So, we just installed our guy and it was business as usual.”

1 Like

Pretty much how America politics works