Political Opinion

Leader of the Proud Boys speaks with CNN’s Sara Sidner

More Migrants In Big US Cities Bring New Tensions for Democrats

A year later, that tone has shifted dramatically. Adams is warning of dire consequences for the city after 110,000 arrivals. He’s begging the federal government for money, telling migrants at the border not to come and demanding state officials find other places to house those who arrive anyway.

“Let me tell you something New Yorkers: Never in my life have I had a problem that I did not see an ending to. I don’t see an ending to this,” Adams said at a town hall meeting this week, lamenting the 10,000 people pouring into the Big Apple every month. “This issue will destroy New York City.”

Frustration is boiling over in Democratic strongholds from Boston to Chicago to Denver and Los Angeles as thousands of migrants, many of them seeking asylum, overwhelm shelters, social services and already-stretched budgets. Not only is the situation creating tensions within cities on how to respond, it’s becoming a divisive issue going into the 2024 election. Polls show that one of President Joe Biden’s biggest political vulnerabilities among his base is the administration’s handling of immigration.

“The immigration issue in general is dicey for Democrats,” said Jim Kessler, the executive vice president for policy at the center-left think tank Third Way. “President Biden is using tape and paste and duct tape to deal with an issue that really needs to be dealt with by Congress.”

More Migrants In Big US Cities Bring New Tensions for Democrats

Is there anyone here who does not support Term Limits

If so I would love to hear your defense for keeping zombie politicians in office

1 Like

biden’s open invitation to illegal immigration is well documented

1 Like

Term limit and or age limit, If the retirement age is 65/67, then there should be no politician over that age, including presidents

1 Like

Well, the difference is evidence, is why he isn’t in jail.

Nobody said you can’t protest. Protest all you want. But if you break the law while protesting, like beating police officers to near death, vandalizing property, trespassing, storming official election proceedings while politicians are in session, threatening violence and death, well, you can figure that out. Plenty of people peacefully protested that day. And plenty didn’t.

But Epps is facing his own kind of reality after taking part on Jan 6th.

He closed his wedding venue business, sold his house, and now lives in an RV because of death threats. And now he’s suing Fox News for defamation.

Are all the other Jan 6ers who got off or reduced sentences also part of this underground leadership? Other than being removed from the FBI list, what other evidence did Tucker present that makes you think this guy was the ring leader?

1 Like

I don’t know, For me, he wasn’t a ringleader, but him being a Trump supporter, I can see him encouraging the riots like any other Trump supporter

Trump’s post shared a Truth Social post from Dinesh D’Souza.

“On January 6, 2021 Ray Epps texted his nephew to say, ‘I was in the front with a few others. I also orchestrated it,’” D’Souza wrote, adding a link to the full transcript of Epps’ interview.

In the transcript, Epps answered a text from his nephew Dalin Epps at 2:12 p.m. ET on Jan. 6, 2021, just minutes after the Capitol barricades were knocked over right in front of Epps, who walked away to head back to his hotel, he said.

“I was in front with a few others,” Epps texted his nephew, according to the transcript. “I also orchestrated it.”

…and to end drilling for oil in the US. He’s kept his word on both!

1 Like

Now we have to look at the law.

Rioting and Inciting to Riot

The right to protest is one of the oldest and most-respected rights in the American democratic system. The right of citizens to peacefully protest is protected by the First Amendment. But there are limits to even the most important rights.

Protests that turn violent are called “riots.” First Amendment rights aside, there are laws against rioting and inciting others to riot. The following article looks at federal (and state) prohibitions against rioting and inciting to riot.

Rioting, Inciting to Riot, and Related Offenses

Most states have their own laws that define what constitutes a riot and incitement to riot. Federal law defines a riot as a public disturbance involving three or more persons engaging in acts of violence with a clear and present danger of damage to property or injury to people. The law includes threats of violence if those involved have the ability to immediately act on the threat.

Inciting a riot, according to federal law, is defined as the acts of “organizing, promoting, encouraging, participating in a riot” and urging others to riot.

The criminal code clarifies that incitement is not the same as simply advocating ideas or expressing beliefs in speech or writing. In order to qualify as incitement, the speech must advocate violence, the rightness of violence, or the right to commit acts of violence.

Protected Speech Versus Incitement

Citizens have a right to free speech, granted by the First Amendment of the Constitution. The extent of that right has been continually tested, and strongly protected at all levels of government. But that right is not unlimited.

The Supreme Court found, in the case of Brandenburg v. Ohio, that speech is not constitutionally protected if it is intended to produce imminent lawless action and is likely to do so. However, the limits of free speech are still being defined in the courts. A recent Ninth Circuit decision found that statutory language in the federal riot statute that criminalizes “promoting” or “encouraging” a riot was overly broad.

Unlawful Assembly

The right to freedom of assembly found in the First Amendment of the Constitution is also not unlimited. Cities can regulate the right of peaceable assembly by requiring permits or limiting demonstrations to a designated area. If a group of people gathers with the intent to disturb the public peace, they could be charged with unlawful assembly or a similar offense.

The laws regarding unlawful assembly have been challenged on First Amendment grounds but have recently been upheld by the courts in New York and Massachusetts.

https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/criminal-charges/rioting-and-inciting-riots.html

Tucker is not the issue, the FBI is

The FBI put this man on there most wanted list, then removed him with no explanation, We simply want to know why

As we want the FBI to come clean on what involvement they had, did they have paid informants in the crowd with orders to encourage unlawful acts

The FBI has a history of encouraging people to commit unlawful acts

A government with secrets is a government you cannot trust

1 Like

In the event that Ray Epps’ life was ruin by what Tucker said about him, Fox News and Tucker would be liable if Tucker is unable to back up his claim with evidence.

I will take it one further, how about we have 110 house seats designated as one term only seats. This way we could be guarantee to have a 25% turnover in congress every two years

1 Like

Now That’s a good plan

1 Like

[quote=“SmallPaul, post:16471, topic:42247”]
In the event that Ray Epps’

why not blame the FBI, It is because of their action that we even know the name Ray Epps

I get it but it was Tucker who spew reckless allegations about Ray that cause Ray Epps life to be threating and so on

Remember this guy?

Chis Cuomo, actually gives a fairly good report on the Trump indictments and how it is bad for America.

It is easy to see why CNN had to get rid of him

Name one, and the allegation that he was working for the FBI is a fair one considering the FBI’s actions

I am not a watcher of FOX News or Tucker Carlson, but perhaps you can shed some light on this for me. If you take a look at what I posted below, has Tucker Carlson done anything like this?

Defamation Of Character

Each state establishes its own definition for defamation of character. In general, however, it occurs when: A false statement is made to a third party And The statement is presented as fact, The statement causes reputational damage

But you post about him all the time, so that statement must not be true

I would say no, but you sure spend a lot of time here making false statements about people

Are deflecting?

Let me address you, False statements about who and about what?