Political Opinion

This has been Iran’s plan since the late 70s.

4 Likes

As the war progresses, Ukraine will need to make significant progress

Army to Congress: Do your job so we can help Israel and Ukraine

Urgent requests for weapons will run up against the House speaker drama and the looming shutdown.

The U.S. Army wants to help supply both its Ukrainian and Israeli allies with as many bombs and other equipment as they need in their separate wars.

But it can’t happen as long as Congress is in chaos.

Pentagon leadership is still in the early stages of evaluating what Israel might need to battle Hamas militants, but an administration briefing to members of Congress laid out some early markers: air-to-ground bombs, and air defense systems.

But whatever Israel needs, those requests will run headlong into the dysfunction and uncertainty enveloping Capitol Hill, as the House grapples with selecting a new leader and both chambers race to avoid a government shutdown just weeks away.

Army to Congress: Do your job so we can help Israel and Ukraine - POLITICO

Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1986 (17 U.S. Code § 107) states that fair use of copyrighted material “for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.”

Yea, it’s too long. I kinda feel the quicker you can get people in, set them up in the system, help them find a job, boom, you potentially have more taxes coming in. At worst, if you’re not getting tax income you still have somebody working and they spend their money in their community, right?

1 Like

This has nothing to do with God, or religion. it is more to do with culture, and value of human life,

Western cultures, ( which Israel is) especially in the last 60 years have shown they value human life and have moved to correct wrongs they have done in the past. You do not see that in middle east culture, they have little value for human rights, they treat woman as property, they cut peoples heads off for minor offences. moderate voices who advocate for change are put to death.

The UN were all idiots setting up a Jewish state in this cesspool region. But Israel is now an established state and I don’t see them going away. but maybe the Palestinians are the ones that will need to be moved, as they have shown they will not live in peace

I support Israel in this one

Before Europe made Israel a state, there was ancient Israel / Palestine .

The location of Israel has never changed.

History of ancient Israel and Judah

From your picture do they overlap?

Since the war started, I’ve been reading up on Israeli and Palestinian history, which is very fascinating. I’m still in the research stage.

History of Palestine

This might give a better understanding of the current history

Palestine

Palestine - History, Religion & Conflicts | HISTORY

Is it weird to anybody that the Palestinians would attack as they did, knowing that Israel would respond the same or worse, with more missiles and knowing Israel could cut off borders, water, power and food?

That doesn’t make much sense to me. Why put Haza in that position?

Unless the Palestinians in Gaza were expecting a better outcome (why would they think that’s possible?) or more help from the West Bank or Palestinians in Lebanon and Jordan attacking at the same time.

It just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

The ancient history of Israel and the modern history are very similar, nothing has changed.

As far back as BC, they were fighting in the Israel-Palestine region

During those days, you had one group dominating another, and then another group come along and began dominating that group; Egypt also played a major role.

History is full of interesting details

James, if you want to dig into Jewish history, try this fascinating book, which you can download in .pdf format:

The author is Vladimir Moss, a Russian monarchist and Orthodox Christian. His knowledge of history is impressive, and his perspective on autocracy is uniquely pre-Soviet Russian.

His historical narrative begins with Abram (whom God later named Abraham) in the Chaldean city of Ur, and follows the story of the Jews up to the first decade of the twentieth century.

I’ve read this book twice, and will probably read it again.

Note: Downloads from Academia.edu are safe. I have downloaded numerous free resources from their site. Downloads are quick and trouble-free, without malware or other problems.

2 Likes

Clint, you are as real as they come. Much love for sending that to me, I’ve only read the first 30 pages, I’ll have time over the weekend to read the whole thing. Thanks again.

Mistype above, Just finish reading the 30 pages, man it’s a good one. :+1:

1 Like

@Dennis3450 It’s not a matter of who you support… It’s what caused such hatred and violence…

Religion is at the very core of this conflict…

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is driven by four main factors: ethnic, national, historical, and religious. The Article above focuses on the religious dimension of the conflict, which both historical and recent events suggest lies at its core.

That much is almost a truism. What is less often appreciated, however, is how much religion impacts the identity of actors implicated in this conflict, the practical issues at stake, and the relevant policies and attitudes – even of non-religious participants on both sides. It follows that religion must also be part of any real solution to this tragic and protracted conflict,

Why is religion at the core of this conflict…

Several religious factors pertinent to Islam and Judaism dictate the role of religion as the main factor in the conflict, notably including the sanctity of holy sites and the apocalyptic narratives of both religions, which are detrimental to any potential for lasting peace between the two sides.

Extreme religious Zionists in Israel increasingly see themselves as guardians and definers of the how the Jewish state should be, and are very stringent when it comes to any concessions to the Arabs.

On the other hand, Islamist groups in Palestine and elsewhere in the Islamic world advocate the necessity of liberating the “holy” territories and sites for religious reasons, and preach violence and hatred against Israel and the Jewish people…

In addition, worsening socio-economic conditions in the Arab and Islamic world have contributed to the growth of religious radicalism, pushing a larger percentage of youth towards fanaticism, and religion-inspired politics.

1 Like

I have to give credit where credit is due.

If you look at just the last 75 years, TWB’s message sums up this conflict pretty well.

Is it

Or

On the current situation, it is not allowed to have a different perspective.

As Americans, we are only allowed to see the current situation in Israel as one way, and we are not allowed to do a deeper look into how we got to this point. In addition to being persecuted, you will be perceived as agreeing with a horrific act of kidnapping and killing of Jews, which will be entirely untrue.

Bernie Sanders says Israel is violating international law with blockade on ‘open-air prison’ in Gaza

Sanders, a two-time presidential candidate, is one of the most prominent Jewish politicians in the US.

In one of the most strident criticisms of Israel yet by a prominent American politician, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont is accusing Israel of violating international law.

“For many, it is no secret that Gaza has been an open-air prison, with millions of people struggling to secure basic necessities,” Sanders said in a statement issued on Wednesday.

Following Hamas’s terrorist attack on Israel over the weekend, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant announced a “complete siege” of Gaza, the densely-populated territory where Gaza rules. Gallant said that would include “no electricity, no food, no fuel” for the territory’s roughly 2 million residents.

“The targeting of civilians is a war crime, no matter who does it,” said Sanders. “Israel’s blanket denial of food, water, and other necessities to Gaza is a serious violation of international law and will do nothing but harm innocent civilians.”

Targeting civilians, even during a time of war, violates Common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions of 1949.

Sanders also reiterated his prior condemnation of the Hamas attack, calling it a “major setback for any hope of peace and reconciliation in the region – and justice for the Palestinian people.”

Bernie Sanders says Israel is violating international law with blockade on 'open-air prison' in Gaza

FU@K Sanders, Telling me what international laws were broken when thousands of rockets were launched at Israel. What ever Israel has done has been in direct response to terrorist action by ham-ass. Palestine has forfeited its right to exist
History does not excuse or justify what we have seen this week

1 Like

I like how Sanders provided his perspective from both sides of the aisle. What else do you want him to say, KILL THEM ALL?

Dennis, you are the example I mentioned above

You are 100% right, history does not justify an attack, Those words should be set in stones

But history does keep repeating itself in that region, started way before 1948

I Guess Russia Attacking and invading Ukraine is justified? Dennis, I’m looking forward to your response regarding Russia attacking and Invading of Ukraine.