Political Opinion

It happens. Sometimes it’s poor analysis - there’s good evidence the US Navy was warned that an attack on Pearl Harbour was imminent and discounted the threat.

Sometimes it’s deliberate - to maintain the intellgence chain - if you act on what you know from intelligence, you tip the enemy off that there is an intelligence leak and they may just seal it up.

2 Likes

Yes, the relationship between Egypt and Israel is very interesting, they had their issues, is it 100% over, who knows, Animosity from the past can still exist

Egypt is also a popular vacation destination for Israelis

Last year, 565,000 Israelis passed through the Taba Crossing, which connects Taba in Egypt with Eilat in Israel, according to Israel’s Central Bureau of Statistics.

Dennis, not trying to be confrontational here, I think we should be able to criticize anything related to this war, not just Israel intelligence or do you only want to limit that talk to Israel intelligence?

Haven’t we American criticize our own Government in wars we was in, presently we Americans are simply permitted to express specific things, why the abrupt change now?

Ahhhh… They tried that already… So-Damn-Insane was originally supported by the west…

Iran-Iraq War , (1980–88), prolonged military conflict between Iran and Iraq during the 1980s. Open warfare began on September 22, 1980, when Iraqi armed forces invaded western Iran along the countries’ joint border, though Iraq claimed that the war had begun earlier that month, on September 4, when Iran shelled a number of border posts. Fighting was ended by a 1988 cease-fire, though the resumption of normal diplomatic relations and the withdrawal of troops did not take place until the signing of a formal peace agreement on August 16, 1990.

Interesting description of a conflict caused by differing belief systems… Namely Judaism and Islam…

You people in these threads just don’t get it… You call yourselves Christians, yet eye for an eye vengeance is all you call for… Hamas combatant’s and possibly tens of thousand’s of innocent Palestinian’s are about to be killed… Almost a form of sanctioned Genocide…

It’s any wonder the United States gets involved in other nations conflicts over and over and over again…

Yes… Israel will inflict serious damage to Hamas, Hezbollah (deservedly so) and all the extremist actors involved in this theatre of conflict in the Middle East… Wiping out these terror organisations will be a temporary solution, but the original Middle Eastern problem still remains… It is not solved…

They’ll be other extremist Groups that will fill the void left by these radical interpretations of religious faith…

We’ve seen this over and over… ISIS rose out of the ashes of a decimated Taliban…

The only solution appears to be cooperation from both religions… Maybe joint administration of the Holy Sites inside Israel… Similar to an autonomous Vatican City inside Italy…

The real question is can the Religions of both sides of this great divide compromise enough to even allow a change in the way this region is Governed…

3 Likes

Altho we had our own problems, I need to concede, Trendswithbenefits kept it genuine in his post

1 Like

Yes I did call you out, You said my response was cowardly, yet you never gave an example

Now you are throwing in the word “hypocrisy” again without any example to back up your point

Since I am already deep in the rabbit hole, what about my response to your question did you find in your opinion, cowardly or hypocritical

You started this, please have the courage to finish it

Until next time on “As the Rabbit Hole Turns”

Dennis, I’m cool, it is what it is.

I know it was wrong, Ollie North and all that, but secretly, I was rooting for both sides…:wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately, in view of the most recent attack, I don’t see Israel consenting to anything the Palestinians bring to the table or any peacekeepers bring to the table

How Israel and the Palestinians Went From Peacemaking to War

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-09/israeli-palestinian-conflict-explained-from-peacemaking-to-war

Basically the same thing as the US on Sept 11 2001, someone new what was about to go down and either said nothing or was ignored by higher ups. Or even the financial crises of 2008, and was there ever any hell paid by anyone but the victims

And then we could look at this as a Pearl Harbor event, again where it is allowed to happen to get public support for another war

I must disagree, No eye for eye vengeance here, I have asked the question how do you end this violence, I am not seeing any answers given, mine would be to move all Palestinians out of Gaza, they cannot remain there, not after this

I do not consider any Palestinian innocent, they have chosen to be lead by a terrorist group, now they will pay the price, if there is a Genocide, it will be the Palestinian choosing it

1 Like

I have to agree… It’s now a bridge too far… The overriding danger in all this which no one is talking about here… Is civil unrest in the West…

While it was only Israel vowing for vengeance against this terrible attack… The United States and other Western Nations like Britain and Australia have pledged military support for Israel…

In the Islamic world… It will be viewed as the West against Islam… We already have Palestinian’s protesting violently burning Israeli Flags etc here in the streets of Sydney Australia… A million miles form the conflict only just beginning in the Middle East…

This is happening in Major cities all over the World and the Israeli’s haven’t even started their operation into the Gaza Strip or attempted the annihilation of Hezbollah in Lebanon and possibly Syria to the North…

What will happen when the death toll and destruction begins to really mount??

2 Likes

No aid until all hostages released.

Is there anyone here who disagrees with this,?

1 Like

I offered a solution which you conveniently ignored… So Judaism is the correct interpretation of God and the chosen Religion… So therefore be allowed to control ALL sacred sites to both?

@Dennis3450 You have to seriously listen to what you are saying…

The United States elected Joe Biden as it’s President… So the whole population is backing Joe Biden and the Democrat’s policies and legislation… Come’on…

Men of faith should supposedly know better than this…

The way I see it, the world got behind the Jews when Adolf Hitler was attempting to KILL all the Jews, but because a fraction of terrible individuals within the Palestinians people, it’s presently alright to kill all of the Palestinians, as some here has call for, Genocide.

Not just that you are not permitted to view it as such or talk on it.

I agree, we call ourselves Christians, however presently we are advocating the killing of an entire group of people

2 Likes

No, I shouldn’t be that way, and yes I will admit it’s a religion problem.

Not at all… Less death and minimal destruction using the tried and tested medieval siege strategy

Common-sense tells me that the radical Leaders and fighters for Hama’s will be the best fed and watered while the rest of the 2.2 Million inhabitants that cannot escape the Gaza Strip are left to stave…

Exactly my assertion on the other thread we robustly discussed Religion and the Origins of Christianity… I don’t have many answers to such dire situation’s… But it seems Religion doesn’t have many either…

2 Likes

Is that your solution? The only solution ham-ass will accept is the death of Israel

If Palestinians are to remain in Gaza then they must force out ham-ass, it will not bring peace but it may delay WWIII for a few years

joe biden and the democrats are bad but they can hardly be compared to ham-ass

But if little joe does something stupid and gets us into a nuclear war, we are all toast no matter who we voted for

The solution again is for ham-ass to go

3 Likes

Yes they must go, we all agree, but Israel is doing more then just going after Hamas.

Israel’s Use of White Phosphorus in Gaza and Lebanon

Human Rights Watch has determined based on verified video and witness accounts that Israeli forces used white phosphorus in military operations in Lebanon and Gaza on October 10 and 11, 2023, respectively. The videos show multiple airbursts of artillery-fired white phosphorus over the Gaza City port and two rural locations along the Israel-Lebanon border.

White phosphorus, which can be used as a smokescreen or a weapon, has the potential to cause civilian harm due to the severe burns it causes and its lingering long-term effects on survivors. Its use in densely populated areas of Gaza violates the requirement under international humanitarian law that parties to the conflict take all feasible precautions to avoid civilian injury and loss of life. It also highlights the need to reexamine the status and adequacy of Protocol III of the Convention on Conventional Weapons (CCW), currently the only international law dedicated to governing incendiary weapons.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/10/12/questions-and-answers-israels-use-white-phosphorus-gaza-and-lebanon

That’s not what it meant and you know it!!.. All Americans are party to damaging the US Economy because Joe Biden won the election… Dodge and weave all you like

Makes me more intent on getting to the facts…

Unfortunately, these views are just as extreme as the extremists you’re asking to be erased from existence… No issue with exterminating a Terror organisation…

But Genocide against a whole race of people… Kill the patient to cure the cancer…