Posts pasted in

I am still trying to stop laughing at that Simple Simon picture, that is right on my sense of humour! Thanks Bob! .D :smiley:

Assuming I am allowed to play Simple Simon, I think I could cope with working with Bob as the Pieman, except he speaks so funny, lives in little boxes and walks around upside down thinking its spring when its really autumn. Other than that he’s just crazy like the rest of us here! :smiley: But as moderators? Nah, we’d just be down the pub all day…

The case with Lexy raises, in my opinion, another aspect here. She was the most impressive, knowledgeable and generous poster I have ever seen anywhere and was always so willing to help people with such comprehensive answers to their queries. She devoted a huge amount of time to this site and her contribution was priceless. But she, like many of you here, could not accept what the site owners were doing. I am not taking a view on who was right or wrong here, only that there reaches a point where if the owners are not going to change, then they are not going to change - and it is that simple. And Lexy chose to leave, which was a terrible loss. Now, the point that this brings us to now is that the owners are still telling you all that, whilst they are prepared to listen, they are still going to do things their way and according to their process - whether you, I, Simple Simon or the Pieman disagree and dislike it or not. I see no point in continuing with an argument that they are totally aware of and have answered, albeit not to one’s satisfaction.

The point that I think we are at here is really a question: Why are you still here? Would it not be simpler to just move on to another forum? For me, the answer is that I actually like it here, I like the people I have got to know and I like the kind of (forex-related) conversations that (occasionally) bloom here. There is a still a community feel here and I feel at home here whereas every other forum I have taken a look at is just cold, uninspiring and just as mixed in its content as here. I think everyone should take time out to think about where you want to be and why.

Another rather sensitive issue that I will chance raising (at the risk of a head-blasting) is why is this topic so emotional? I mean, its just an internet forum, right? In the grand order of things why is this so important? If we look at the specific types of problems that we are raising here and apply to them a kind of “hurricane scale” rating of 1-5, where do they stand?

Idiotic one-liners? “1”?

Copy/pasters? The kind of bland, boring stuff we have seen might rate a “2”? I mean we are not talking about state secrets or patent infringements here - but if it were super-sensitive stuff likely to generate a legal action case then maybe a full “5” - but it would be the owners’ problem, not ours.

Scams and promoters? Well I guess they cover the full range of 1 - 5! But these seem to be well policed anyway.

What I am asking here is whether the size of the problem is actually in proportion to the genuine concerns and emotions being expressed here? …or is the real problem here really about personal relations and attitudes? For example, there was the recent issue over a certain poster’s Avatar and its reflection of attitudes towards women. Personally, I was thoroughly disgusted by it and if I had any say in it then it would have been deleted immediately without waiting for a complaint first and without any dialogue with the poster except to warn him/her to keep within the bounds of common decency. The actual item itself was quite minor in nature, but what it said about the owners’ attitude towards such issues on their site left me angry and very unsettled.

But the bottom line now is, that the owners are clearly not intending to plead guilty and/or change their processes and the ball, unfortunately, rests with each member how they wish to react to that… I really don’t think there is much else to say…and I don’t wish to be accused of dragging out the matter so I promise not to “interfere” here with this issue any further ! :slight_smile:

Hmmmm, should I change my Username to SimpleSimon…

5 Likes

And, to make matters worse, she took her love for high heeled shoes with her - now there is nothing to talk about… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree, Charlie.

I think it’s partly about personal relations and attitudes.

Pipstradamus continually shows contempt for his members and doesn’t care what we think. He doesn’t seem to understand that without members, it wouldn’t be much of a forum. I don’t understand how he can not understand it, but he really doesn’t seem to.

Me too.

I started a thread to discuss it.

It was in that thread that Pipstradamus more or less told me to leave.

He doesn’t care what his members think.

Me too.

Me too.

And that’s the point.

You’ve got it exactly right, Manxx: it’s what it says about the owner’s attitude that has made me angry. He doesn’t care what his members think, and says so openly.

That’s no way to run a forum!

In my case, because he wants me to leave, and needs to be made to realise that he’s going to have to ban me to achieve that, if he really wants to achieve it, and that that will have consequences for him, and he also needs to realise that others agree with me, and find his attitude and behaviour offensive.

4 Likes

Hahahahaa, yes I agree 100%. You know what, I have no idea what any of that means, and really, I don’t want to. :smiley:

As everyone knows, I have no idea as far as how the “internet of things” works. Likes, Clicks, Followers can be bought, Feeders to sponsors, Posers as posters can be bought. Monetizing, marketing, branding, yeesh it makes my head hurt.

This having been said, and remembering how cynical I can be when it comes to business, well I’m fairly satisfied with the mods. They have been quite responsive to my flags calling out some stealth marketers. I have a pet peeve with people putting a blog link on a post or profile. Blogs are revenue generating products in my mind , no matter what. They can also be used for Branding, I have heard. So someone puts a link in for a blog, guess what, free advertisement, my view anyway. I don’t care if it is not blatant at this time, it will be. But the Robot Elders allow it as long as it is not clearly a violation of the terms. No problem, just a different view.

As far as the “Copy Pasters”, that is a minor irritation for me, I don’t like it, and I think it’s stupid, but not a deal breaker. Some of Ya’ll work in digital media, so the issue of copy-write infringement is near and dear to you, so, you are more vocal than most. Don’t get me wrong now, it is wrong, and shows disregard for decency and honesty. But to a majority of folks, its not a big deal, remember Napster?

Also the phrase “trader community”, honestly, means nothing to me. I know it sounds antisocial and sociopathic, but there it is. There are certain people I enjoy and have enjoyed interacting with here and ET over the years. Many of those from the past are gone, blown up, found they could not trade, and or moved on to other endeavors. It happens, and will continue to happen. The concept of online community is in my opinion, well overstated most of the time, not just here but everywhere. Most trading sites are 1. a business, 2. a corporation with, I assume, directors. It is not based on lofty standards and goals. Just the pursuit of Alpha. More clicks, mo’ money.

Now the key to dealing with this is to ignore, report, ridicule the most egregious of the weirdos/trolls/scammers. I know, a lot of contradictions there. But that is how I approach the situation. Some I ignore, some I report, some I bite. For example making outrageous claims, prove it, prove it, prove it, rinse and repeat.

Now someone wanted to build a community online, well, put up the money, open a free site, and then hammer all suspicious posters. I think you will find, that you have narrowed it down to maybe 10-20 people. Seriously, people in general do not want to hear the realities about trading. When I post a minimum of people are truly interested, now compare that to ICT, you can see the difference. He offers them salvation, while I teach. Most boards, no strike that, all boards have guru leaders, telling folks, its easy, follow me. Ya’ll know this, I’m not telling you anything new.

As far as Lexys, well seemed like a nice enough person, but I think she thought she was more than what she was. Quite honestly she seemed a bit demanding for someone who had no “skin” in the game. Remember none of us here are indispensable, and when we come here, we have no “rights”. Here in the states people confuse the constitution with business. " Congress shall make no law respecting… or abridging the freedom of speech"…

Note, Congress, not The Internet Forums, work, private property, etc, these folks still can limit speech. Bottom line, if you argue enough with your boss, the bartender, the Robot Elders, you will be shown the door. I heard about the emoji, and a vendor etc etc etc, seems like a lot of emotion for a trader in all honesty. Maybe it’s all just my different viewpoint that makes it hard for me to relate to that level of emotion, over well a molehill. .

Also, I have at times been disgruntled with the Robot Elders in the past, but I calm down, and think about, if I can save a few from having to be burned, well then it is worth it to me. So my suggestion is, those of us who site at the outsiders table in the cafeteria, just continue to enjoy each others company for as long as it lasts, it beats sitting alone.

The Ever Outsider VIPER

3 Likes

I agree ,i highlight this

The Ever Smart VIPER

1 Like

i am very new, and i don’t know about Lexys at all

but i agree with what you say here Tacita

he said that and he even lock the thread so nobody can reply!

i see this, is obvious

i agree with you anyway, even i am very new here, is obvious from looking at the forum, and they say it in other places and now i see here that they are right

3 Likes

I suppose I’ll chip in here, if I may. Lexy, it appears, has more skin ‘in the game’ than most if not all of us, at least in the sense she’s successfully transferred her retail account into a commercial trading firm offer - it’s not my place to say what her choice was, afterwards. I think that’s a result that many would envy, in a nice way I hope.

Yes she was certainly demanding, but that’s an attribute that certainly fits her character :wink:

I still keep in touch with Lexy, and she’s having quite a nice time - should others often wonder :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Piper and Tacita hi, honestly all my dealings with him have been productive and constructive, also reasonably quick responses. And no I get no money from this site or it’s sponsors. Again, I would like to see some massive hammering, but it is their site after all. So, its kind of inexplicable, I’m not questioning ya’lls account, but, I donno. :confounded:

The Kind Of Confounded VIPER

2 Likes

But, no skin in the game here, in this business. Also, we are guests, and according to Southern Etiquette, a guest should not be demanding at all. Oh, tell her I wish her well for her first Yard.

The Ever Moving Size VIPER

Haha, I’d like to hope she’s traded multiples :wink:

1 Like

You’re honoured. From everything I’ve heard and seen, that puts you in a tiny minority.

Not even of everyday politeness and fairness? A forum owner should be aware that without “guests” (as you call them) he has no business. I accept what you say, TradeViper, but you can still see for yourself how many people his attitudes and behaviour have offended, and for how long, and how much respect he has for his members (as I call them).

2 Likes

Then bow before my Majesty. :grin:
The “guest” illustration was imperfect no doubt, but again, the only rights anyone has here is none. PipS is who he is, but it is my observation that personally calling him out in an open forum is counter productive. I, know, folks have tried the behind the scenes communication, and it has not seemed to work, but calling someone out like that never helps. I really don’t know about the folks he has “Offended”, so I cannot comment on that. But I have read both sides of the conversations, and, honestly there is room for improvement on both sides. I am a bit disappointed buy both sides, usually, the self control we master while trading, should seep into our everyday lives, but I might be wrong on this aspect, I can say mine does. But the back and forth is pretty undignified, especially in an open setting.

I hope everyone can get past this and move on, my stay here so far has been enjoyable, and I hope going forward everyone elses will be also.

The Ever Stupidly Positive VIPER

3 Likes

Maybe right.

It didn’t for me, either.

You talk good sense, TradeViper, here as in other threads.

I doubt if that will happen, though.

Too many feelings are probably too seriously hurt, and at this point I think the extent of attitudinal and behavioural change required from Pipstradamus to have any hope of smoothing all this over without it continually coming up again and again, as apparently it always has in the past, is one that it’s probably unreasonable to expect.

So he’ll probably end up getting along as well as he can without any of the people his behaviour offends.

Whether he’ll be left with a viable business that way, or not, is another matter, but not my problem.

I’s crystal clear, however, that he’ll be left with one that’s far less viable than it might be.

Which is a shame, because as Manxx keeps saying (and others keep acknowledging) the site itself is actually of some value, and he could perhaps even do really well here if he’d just sometimes listen and learn instead of having his sickening “my way or the highway” attitude all the time.

Not certain about that last bit, only because I don’t really know to what extent the damage his arrogance and intransigence have done is recoverable. But maybe.

2 Likes

I agree with your choice of adjective there, but if he owns the forum and is answerable to nobody but himself (and he certainly acts that way?) then he’s entitled to whatever attitude and behaviour he wants.

I agree with everyone else that it’s a shame, though.

Having now had a better look round, both here and in other place, at some information relevant to the subject, I doubt it. :unamused:

(If you’re still reading this, Pipstradamus, and if you care: there’s more “JuliaFisher/HenryFoster spam” here BabyPips.com Forex Trading Forum )

1 Like

There’s no sign of that.

There are hundreds of signs of the exact opposite, all over the place.

The very title of this thread more or less repeats one from over 2 years ago which raised many of the same points, all completely unresolved.

You admit that you have “retention problems” but haven’t answered the question which Quickly asked on this subject and which many others have also asked or have said is “their question, too”.

Tell us, then: why do you have this problem. when your competitors don’t, when their participation’s increasing, and all the rest of it? Might it be because you’ve been offered good advice by loads of your senior members for years about what to do about that, but have chosen not only to ignore all of it but to offend most of them in the process so that they, too, have moved on somewhere else?

1 Like

Wow, you agree with Tacita and Quickly and LaughingCharlie. How original. Oh wait, you do it in every post you’ve made, since you’ve joined. When was that, August 21st. And Tacita, August 29th. Yet you and Tacita know that things have been bad for years? That’s rich. You guys are like the 4 musketeers , always together, kicking up a storm. What are you, sitting in the same room?

And @anon46773462, maybe they don’t want to go anywhere because they know they wouldn’t last under somebody else’s thumb. Look at the feedback threads since the new site launched. It’s the same group of people, same story each time. Complaint. Make demands. Fan the flames. Bash. Repeat. .

“I’m staying in protest and dare him to ban me!”. How petty and chidish.

If there are literally hundreds of signs of nothing getting done, for years, WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE? You’ve been a member for exactly 10 days. Head over to one of those blossoming forums that’s exploding with traffic if this place is so bad.

Maybe you all should look in the mirror if you want to figure out why people are leaving.

1 Like

Hear hear!
Deary me they do make such a huge fuss over nothing.

If you remoaners don’t like the way this joint is being managed then take the advice of Mr triple forex & toddle off to pastures new. You’ll all be forgotten come supper time anyway, just like all the others.

Personally I & my buddies think the bosses do a fabulous job considering the varied array of punters who frequent the joint. It’s not a perfect shop & neither will it be….it’s the nature of the beast.
The very rare occasions we’ve hit the red button they’ve always been attentive, on the ball & proactive.

Quit whining for christ sake, man up & get a life.

LOL - and who’s being petty and childish now, flick a few pages in the dictionary corner and search for “ironic”.

In the mean time feel free to reply, it will help your post count grow from 4 to 5 - again, an ironic thread for such an outspoken member to contribute in given his lack of past interaction.

I smell a rat.

1 Like

@stop_runner

Firstly, it should read “my buddies and I” but that’s just semantics.

Stick a coin under your tongue, you’ll need it to pay Charon. Here’s a bone, give it to Cerberus on the way past and head back to you master Hades and do his bidding there

When your mob has something to contribute to the general forum you’ll be more than welcome, we all know you have more to offer than the likes of myself. But since you’ve isolated yourselves in a hermit nation, you’ve given up that right to reply.

Oh, and one last thing, you have all lost your love of music, here’s some to get the beats flowing again.

2 Likes

Change the record for pity’s sake
You’re not even very challenging anymore lol

Never a truer word spoken & it oh how it makes our lickle hearts sing to know the likes of you won’t ever benefit from it whilst others with way less “attitude” are fast tracking their way on a much, much easier journey!!

Oh by the way, here’s a few tips for you….try be a bit more careful next time love :slight_smile: