Premji 30 pip scalper

Hello, all, i suggest letting the EA do its thing for a month alt east before we jump the gun and try to change its settings. You will have some loosing trades but over the past 250 trades and 12 months, we have established the best settings. All I want to know at this point is if the EA is entering the correct trades and the same trades its entering on-my account with 4 and 5 digit brokers. Please post your screen shots of today trades for both 4 and 5 digit broker so my programmer can confirm all is good.

thanks

how set TP on this EA?

Hello, just wanted to confirm that you all got this trade at 12:30pm New York Time.

thanks

Hello, the TP is set to 170, but the fractals will take you our before or the RSI will take you our before.

please confirm that both 4 and 5 digit broker are getting in the same trades.

thanks

Looks like it did, although it entered is earlier than yours.

Hi Morimpre,

Here are the trades that were flagged by the EA today:

1.31509 (Sell) @ 0250 Hr
1.31540 (Buy) @ 0645 Hr
1.31595 (Buy) @ 0800 Hr
1.31635 (Buy) @ 0950 Hr
1.31606 (Sell) @ 1200 Hr
1.31186 (Sell) @ 1735 Hr

(All time are in GMT + 1)

I will try and get a screenshot for you later.

yes, screen-shots would be best, thanks guys.

So just today the EA entered 6 trades for you?

Here is the screenshot

Mori,

I think one of the challenges with the new EA is that it has become pretty much a black box. I don’t feel I have any control over the SL or TP settings to suite my trading styles. I know that you have ran extremely good long term back tests but with the way the EA is currently configured we will not be able to experiemnt with other currencies to help in the discovery process.

For those who asked about manual closing of trades, there is no problem in doing so. The bot will just reload and start looking for a new trade since it no longer has any active trades to manage with the appropriate magic number. The only thing to caution you about doing this is it does effect the long term profitability of the bot, maybe positive or negative. The settings for the bot are based on specific circumstances derived from back testing. If you manually over ride these optimized settings you may take a loss where the bot would not only to bounce profitable or you may close a winning trade for a smaller profit than the bot would have. All of these have an impact in the big picture. Still for my own piece of mind I will take all the wins I can get and refuse to give back money to the crims in hope that the market will bounce back my way again. I have friend who says “hope is not a strategy”. He is so right.

So far Ver 1.4 has taken two trades on my live account. Both were small losers after being close to 70 pips in the money. I currently have a trade open right now on the 5 min chart where the market is ranging sideways. IMO this trade should probably have been closed when the price went above the Megatrend line. This is a sell so price moving above the megatrend is not a good thing. This trade is getting tighter and tighter and could go either way. Going to let it play out and see what the bot does.

RSI is ranging between 30/70 so no exit on RSI, if that is currently on in the EA.

SL appears to be set at a fractal way back earlier in the day? It is way up there and a long, long way from the trade.

EA was up about 158 pips at one point. Trailing stop or BE stop should have kicked in being that far into the money. So far we have given it all back and hoping the market will go our way again.

Nice graph!

Sorry, I have many things going on, including a job that gets in the way of trading but still pays the bills. :slight_smile: Couldn’t do the cut and paste I needed to then.

Also it is a little hard to trouble shoot the bot and help without knowing what kind of settings it is using for fractals, SL, TP, RSI, ZZI, BE etc.

Mori could you post the current settings so we have some idea what to expect?

Ver 1.4
Alpari-US 5 dig

I am now in two trades, M5 and M30 both sells (has to be with US Crim) so I have now doubled my position and risk with this currency. Future bots should allow for on/off MTF trades if desired. No reason why it couldn’t also open up a trade on the H1 which actually indicates everything is going my way but again my risk level has increased signficantly.

For me EA opened a SELL on M30 and BUY on M5. Both are open and running right now.

Find attached the screen-shot for the first EA entry for December 21, 2010

Did the EA close anyones trades? My two shorts on EU M5 and M30 have stayed open through a drawdown of over 800 pips. They are now back in the money but I don’t know about anyone else but having two trades go that deep against us and the EA keeping them open scares me a little. I don’t see any evidence of a BE, fractal or RSI taking us out of the trade. If this was on my live account I would have protected my account balance and exited when the price closed above the MegaTrend and especially when it turned blue against us.

I had a buy and a sell open. buy was closed by EA with 17 pips in plus. I excited out of the sell with a small overall profit. Although it was a mistake because the EA would have probably captured another few pips on the sell trade. But I got scared too.

Two buy entries by the EA was closed after reaching the stop loss target. I will not advice anybody to trust the EA in getting to its TP level before manually taking profit - at least for now -until further improvement is done on the coding of the EA. Like I said in one of my previous post here, the EA is performing fine in entering a trade but not in exiting one. Thank you.

I agree completely, the bot all along has been a great picker but trying to get out of trades has been a challenge. I let the bot make it’s run on it’s own and have waited for it to close the trades which are now well in the money by 300 pips each. It has been a big scary ride into big loss and back to profit. I should close both of these now and be happy but I want to see if the bot will protect these nice profits.

I have a trade manager which I have but on to see if the EA will allow the tailing stop. But I never got any trades to see if the EA will allow it. I really think that is what we need. I love the EAs enterys but like some of you I need to close them out manually. If we could get the EA to close I think we would have one hell of system here!!!