Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

Learnt that thing from other random threads, whenever price goes the other way, was lookin around the CNBC/FF/FT to kno if there’s any news :32:. I stopped doing it since i’ve started trading price action, but sometimes i coudn’t resist from doing so. However im unlearning that habit:8:.

Hello guys, Spotted this post in some other thread. Thought it might give some confidence to those who are feeling down cause of losses or not so profitable trade.

It’s not the Teacher… it’s the patience and discipline applied by the apt pupil.

Consider the following parable…

An eager young man

There is an ancient story about a young man in a land far away. I heard it from one of my mentors a few years back, and it has become one of the most meaningful and inspirational stories in my life. This young man went to his parents and said, “I want to become a jade master.” A jade master is an expert on the opaque green gem known as jade. His dad said “Well son, the good news is that the world’s greatest jade master happens to live right in our country. The bad news is that in order to get to him, you have to make a few hundred mile journey by foot across mountains, deserts, rivers, and lakes. “I’ll go to him,” the young man said. And he did.

Difficult Journey

When he was able to make the journey, he crossed the mountains and deserts, forded the rivers, and crossed the lakes. Finally, he reached the old man’s house. He walked up and knocked on the door. The jade master came out and said, “May I help you?” “Yes.” The young man replied. “I’ve traveled hear hoping you would teach me your trade- teach me to become a jade master.” The old man said, “You’re pretty determined to come all the way out here. Come and I will teach you.”

Training Begins

When they got in the house, the old man threw a piece of jade to the young man and said, “Take this piece of jade and hold it in your hand. Take that broom and sweep my floors. When you’re done, I’ll teach you about the jade.” The young man did as he was told and returned, saying “I have finished your floors. Will you teach me about jade now?” “There’s not enough time left in the day.” Said the old man. “Come back tomorrow and I’ll teach you.” “But where will I stay?” said the young man. Old man says, “You were resourceful enough to get here. You’ll figure it out.”

So the young man went into the wilderness and spent the night. The next morning, he returned to the house and asked the old man “Will you teach me about jade?” The old man said, “Yes I will. But first, take this piece of jade, hold it in your hand and go chop my wood.” The young man did as he was told, came back, and said “I have finished the wood. Will you teach me about jade now?” “There’s not enough time left in the day.” said the old man. “Come back tomorrow and I will teach you.”

A Fraud

This cycle continued for three full years until one day, the determined young man had had it. “I’m finished! You are a con artist! For three years I’ve done nothing but toil for you and you’ve done absolutely NOTHING to teach me about jade! I’m going back to my hometown and expose you for the fraud you are!”

The Epiphany

With a kind smile, the old man said, “Fine. If that’s how you want it then go, but for your trouble at least take this piece of jade along with you.” Old man threw a piece of jade across the room and the young man caught. He looked at it and without blinking he looked at the old man and said, “This isn’t real jade.”

With a sparkle in his eye, the old man said, “No. I don’t suppose it is, is it?”

What’s the lesson here for you?

For three years, this young man had put his hands on the jade. Beginning completely ignorant, in the span of three years he became a master by putting his hands on it every day without even paying much attention to it.

It’s said that 95% of everything you are as a human being is the result of mental habits you’ve formed that you don’t even pay attention to.

When it seems as though you’re not making any progress, realize that the true road to mastery involves putting your hands on it every day and making incremental changes… day after day…after day… after day… after day. The feeling that you’re not making any progress is only a fearful attempt from your enemy to get you to stop because you are so close to yet another… breakthrough!

GudLuK…

Really inspirational gs8888.

Thank you

Hey guys,

I am looking at the NZDUSD which has bounced off a very strong weekly support level with a 2bar reversal

This doesn’t look too appealing just by looking at the daily chart, but if you switch to the weekly chart you can see how over extended price is away from the weekly mean value. This could tip us off to bullish correctional move here, given that price has respected this major support level it will be interesting to see how this one plays out…

Check out this Inside bar sitting inside the EMA zone, established downtrend and about to break it lows…

Hello guys,
What’s your view on GBPUSD now ?

I would say the setup is valid until it’s lows get wiped out

Have been reading and following this price action thread since I joined babypips just recently. I bought dnb price action course and I must say the info inside is really informative. Concise and easy to understand. Of course, thanks for the sharing in this thread and keep us update “real-time” with your views and setups.

Thanks very much for the feed back horchew, appreciate it!

GBPUSD is really driving me nuts. Though i don’t take the trade. It seems to be going nowhere…

I generally find the tops and bottoms of trends are not clean bounces, the market will usually consolidate or go into a range before full on reversing, this trade caught my attention because it was so far away from the mean. That gap has to be filled :stuck_out_tongue:

It was the same scenario in EURJPY also, but prices have gone up respecting the pin bar and the support level. But GU is acting differently. I know each pairs is different form one another and they are not correlated. But i was confused with your statement that “Tops and bottoms of trend are not clean bounces” ?

But i was confused with your statement that “Tops and bottoms of trend are not clean bounces” ?

The tops and bottoms of the major daily trends are not just a clean bounce or reversal , price usually consolidates or ranges before the market turns around.

Damm you GU, good signals are getting destroyed by this bad market. That’s why it always pays off to only trade with the trend

Hey guys, here are some trades I spotted on the daily charts today, but relax - these ones are with the trend :smiley:

An indecision bar on EURJPY

and an inside bar on wti crude oil for those who follow it

Trading with the trend is something I strongly recommend for price action beginners, because of the significant higher chance of success. I think about 75% of counter trend trade fail!

Thnx for the reply. That was really helpful.

Btw, here’s one of the trade setup i’ve soptted on EURGBP. Engulfing bar at MA and swing. Trend is bearish. Let me know your opinions about this setup.

Hey that’s a nice one gs8888 , are you in on that trade?

Yes, Im in. Entry at the break of the Low and SL at 50% of the engulfing bar. hmm…some negative news abt the GBP seems to drive the price higher…wt do u think ?

Hello DnB, I have a doubt regarding this EURJPY setup, the pullback seems to be very small compared to the strong trend, i was waiting to see a pullbak at the 20 MA. How it would be a validate trade to enter on minor pullback ?

Just look back at what has been going on, the market has been gliding down under the 10 EMA which is indicating a strong moving market. Bear markets move more aggressively so when I see a pullback and a signal to the EMA which has been containing price, I am interested.

Price is rejecting previous highs and bounced from the faster EMA. Good time to catch the recent uptrend for those who didn’t before.

Let me know what you guys think.