Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

Pin off swing and MA. But , Aren’t we buying into resistance ? This’s the weekly chart.

I think you are right since the long-term trend is bearish (and since my trade turned out to be a loser :-P). Let’s see what price have to say about it.

What do you think DnB?

Hi,

What do you think about this setup? Would you consider it valid?

Thanks.

Hi
It isn’t clear to me Evermore F.

Graham Blackmore where are you? This week you did well in EURJPY, WTI CRUDE … but you also missed some as GBPUSD … No offense, I’m just kidding :slight_smile:

One more day and I don’t see anything special!

Hello Evermore, I see we have support at 0.9680 which acted as a very strong one previously couple of times and also price seems to be away from the MA’s to short now. So, i guess it would be better to short at retracement. Just my opinion.

Hi,

What do you think about this setup? Would you consider it valid?

Thanks.

AUD_USD_Short.jpg

Hey guys,

I don’t like this setup, I feel like it would be buying at the bottom. It could work out but I don’t see it as high probability, I am waiting for this market to retrace for a good selling opportunity.

Graham Blackmore where are you? This week you did well in EURJPY, WTI CRUDE … but you also missed some as GBPUSD … No offense, I’m just kidding

Haha , I am still in EURJPY I didn’t take the crude oil trade. As for the GBPUSD, I don’t trade away from the mean when price is so far away from it, waiting for that market to retrace too for a cleaner entry.

Speaking of GU, here is a pic of someones open trades right now that is running a signal service …

You mean to say Selling at the bottom ?

sorry I did mean to say selling a the bottom. :slight_smile:

Has anybody been following the momentum candle idea that I posted not long ago?

Here was was recently on EU

Hopss…you have spoken of this in the beginning of May. I already had forgotten but thankfully you came back to the topic.

The Candle with aggressive close should reacting with important areas as a major support / resistance or EMA?
In the example above, there has been a very small retrace.

There are no set rules for this one yet, I put this idea that was floating around in my head on the forum so we could all give out 2 cents. I do not use this as a trading signal -yet-. So far I like to see the candle with a strong close and no long wicks. So the whole time the candle was open there was clear direction and in strong force.

Depending if it is a bull or bear momentum candle, we want to trade the breaks of the high or low and we want to see how far the next candle retraced before breaking the momentum candle before considering an entry. If the next candle didn’t retrace past the 50% area of the momentum candle then the trade is valid. If it retraced too far up then it’s a no go.

Obviously smart rules like only trade with the trend etc. What do you guys think?

An example of what you are talking here can be seen recently on EUR/GBP. The idea looks interesting. I’m gonna demo test it for 40 trades or more to see what happens. Did you backtest it yet?

BTW, what do we think about today’s candle on EUR/GBP? Looks nice for a short.

Comments are welcome.

USD/JPY

Trend is down and price seems to be rejecting the faster EMA.

EUR/GBP

Trend is down and price seems to be rejecting the faster EMA.

GBP/JPY

GBP/USD

EUR/AUD

Comments welcome. Let me know.

Hey Evermore,

Iam having trouble figuring out what you’re talking about on each chart, the entry line is so long and a bit confusing.

I don’t really like that GBPJPY setup, it seems very insignificant considering it is against the trend, EURAUD looks like it could push lower if it breaks the lows.

I am about to put a big post up anyway so stand by…

[B]EURUSD Getting Destroyed[/B]

See the full post here

[B]GBPUSD Indecision at weekly support[/B]

See the full post here

[B]
USDCHF Hanging Man[/B]

See the full post here

[B]USDJPY Price Squeeze[/B]

See the full post here

[B]Gold Bottoming Out?[/B]

See the full post here

[B]EURGBP Respects Mean[/B]

See the full post here

Good job DnB

Thanks for sharing

Anybody shorting the EURGBP?

Im on. At BE now. Seems like price is consolidating. Can see clearly in H4.

I am also short EURGBP, shorted at market open today, the trade is looking healthy.

Congrats to the person who traded the break out of the indecision candle on EURAUD, that setup really launched.

I took this one. Also was looking at EUR/GBP, but cancel my entry because I was strongly bearish on the EUR, so I chose the EUR/AUD which seemed to me with more potential.