Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

I like this one for an indecision breakout trade better…

This indecision candle is jammed right up against resistance, although the trend is up, the market has already tried to push up through the resistance level, failed, then pushed back up for another go, and dropped an indecision candle which broke it’s lows, signaling a short trade.

I didn’t take this one personally either, it didn’t really scream out at me, but it did get my attention I spoke about it here

did anyone took the EURAUD trade ?

Here’s the trade i’ve triggered
Entered Long at the red arrow mark as the overall trend was bullish.

What pair is that gs8888?, It doesn’t look like EURAUD, It looks like EURNZD maybe

Yes it’s EURNZD…it was a typo. Is it a valid setup ?

Well you’re trading with the trend so that’s good, I wouldn’t have taken it because the signal candle is in the middle of nowhere, I would want to see it reacting with a support swing level and price is starting to stretch out far away from the EMAs so that would make me think, will I survive the next retracement.

Which candle did you trade, last sessions?

Well you are in on the right side of the market now, just watch that one doesn’t turn around on you with a correction.

Well, i’ve enetered on the break of the spinning top ( which retraced to the swing and also just above the MA )

Entry - 1.6510
SL - 1.6410

Entered using techniques from your course which i cant put it down here. All i can say is, this is a free trade now.

Oh ok nice one,

I thought you took the high of yesterdays candle. My mistake!

I took the EUR/AUD short.

Hey guys , I just put up a couple of posts if anyone is interested…

[B]
EURUSD USDCHF Over extension[/B]

Read Post Here

[B]FTSE Indecision Bar[/B]

Read Post Here

[B]
GBPAUD Indecision Candle[/B]

Read Post Here

thanks for your posts DnB. What do you think about the USD/JPY pair. It looks like we have a bullish rejection candle there. But I’m thinking it would be better for the candle to break the low of 2 days ago…just my guess.

You mean a “Bearish” rejection?

That USDJPY candle has too much of a bullish close on it for my liking, in other words, the body takes up too much of the candle range. I don’t see a high probability trade there yet.

DnB,

I just found your thread the other day. My first trade, short on the GBP/AUD is a very nice winner for me. I have worked a little with PA before, but now you guys are convincing me. I’m thinking about taking the training course, but there is not much info on it.

Is it video, is it slides, how many hours, and can you go back and review the material? Will there be updates in training? Does the course get into setting targets and stops? I’m still not clear on how to set SR levels, currently I use pivots. I’m still not clear about how to determine a 3 to 1 ratio. If a trade is not trigger during the following trading day do you take it down.

I see you guys are West coast based in BC, I’m Portland, Oregon USA. Do you guys usually post daily set ups around 6 pm PST?

Thanks again,
GJ

I entered on the short side but now my bias changed, so I closed the trade manually.

Here I see a false breakout of an important level. What do you guys think? It’s a good time to go long?
I entered short, although the trend was clearly bullish. Now I think is a good time to enter long.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks.

If you check the weekly you can see that it is testing a huge resistance line (was a support line end of 2011). When this is rejected it might go all the way down to 1.2680.

Just my 2 cents, I’m pretty new (3 days :slight_smile: ) to this system.

Yes, that why I entered short initially. Anyway, price could move higher into the resistance zone. Check the weekly chart and you’ll notice an IB. This could mean higher prices.

Thanks for sharing!

Is it video, is it slides, how many hours, and can you go back and review the material? Will there be updates in training? Does the course get into setting targets and stops? I’m still not clear on how to set SR levels, currently I use pivots. I’m still not clear about how to determine a 3 to 1 ratio. If a trade is not trigger during the following trading day do you take it down.

It is in PDF format available for instance download, so once you have it you have it, it’s yours forever to study at your own pace. I don’t use pivot points, never have, I just use the proper market support and resistance. But yes it goes through everything you want to know.

Good Idea, price is holding at that resistance line + the dynamic resistance, that bullish rejection candle doesn’t look like too bad of a long signal actually

I would appreciate any feedback on my current long EUR/AUD trade.

Any suggestions on Target and entry?
Thanks,
GJ

Yes it is a valid long signal, although I’ve expressed I don’t like trades that trigger during early Asia, which this one is about to.

DnB,

To be clear do you wait until 6 pm PST to make you trade set ups? I’m confused here.

Thanks,
GJ