Price Action That Matters

Me too :slight_smile:

I have been eyeing this since noon

You are doing all of the right things and looking in the right area, great job! You are essentially looking at the 3 steps I mention here. Finding the trend and momentum to see what direction you need to trade to have the best trading edge. Next you have found your nearest major support and nearest major resistance. And finally you are looking for price pullbacks and price action to form and get you in the direction of the trend.

Watching for a pullback into the green box(Key PA area), This pair is in a string uptrend. Many times momentum is too strong to get those deep retracements we are looking for. In my screenshot the green box is my near term support and the green line lower down the screen is my major support. In the case of strong trends we can look to our lower time charts such as 4H to get a zoomed in view of the swing points to act as S/R. If can get S/R to overlap such as horizontal, trend line, EMAs and Fibo; this bolsters our opinion of the quality of the trade and increases our trade edge.

The reason “confluence” works is because the more S/R tools that overlap each other the more of the market you have playing that area. Certain people use certain S/R tools to find key support and resistance. If many of those tools are overlapping, you have a larger number of people looking to that same area as they are all using those same tools the way you are. This is why overlapping S/R tools are better than just 1.

Hey everyone, such a dry week in forex. I’m currently not home, but from a quick look at my horrid mobile app, it appears as there is a pinbar forming on some US pairs. I had a quick glance at EUR/USD. Wish I could post charts or generally have a clear view of the charts. Can anyone check/confirm?

I have noticed a 5th inside bar forming on AUDJPY. It’s hard telling where it will go. No clear trend on the pair, but the momentum of the current swing is bearish biased. Also the inside bars have almost all formed @ or below marked resistance @ 92.00. Today’s candle looks like it will close decisively bullish but still below 92.00. High volume children show a battle between bulls and bars happening within the mothers range. Chances are the breakout of the mother candle will be quite explosive. With swing momentum and overhead resistance I would say chances are higher for a break down.

I checked EURUSD, looked like a pinbar forming on H4. I have the next major resistance marked at 1.3400. The pinbar formed right off of the daily 21EMA and 1.35 support.

Stuck in traffic far from home ;/. Wish I could do a proper analysis. Hows the setup ? Is it worth stopping somewhere to get wifi for ?

Edit: Stopped at Starbucks. Lets see what happens. :slight_smile:

This thread is moving fast! I am away for 3 weeks currently checking in transit. I won’t be trading but will certainly be reading the posts.

Cheers,

Looks like most of the US pairs that formed pinbars would be trading right into another close by S/R.

I am trying to stay clear of USD pairs until the budget thing gets resolved but I may take a large and obvious daily signal to go long at 1.3400.

thanks krug for the clear analysis, right now am beginning to understand the benefit of a good setup in price action.

Very altruistic of you to start this thread,I wish you all the best.I’ve followed a similar path as yourself and sometimes get disillusioned with the so called experts and their commercial intentions.I like what you’ve posted so far and look forward to more of your material,my only criticism is charts with a black background are hard to read.Cheers.

I remember the similar situation during Clinton’s administration. It lasted around 3 weeks, and at the end it’s just business as usual. I don’t think people even remember it when they think about Clinton! I love to think that all this talk about ‘shutdown’ is blown out way out of proportion and the only reason US media keeps feeding people with ‘shutdown’ issue is because they have uncanny ability to portray any current administration as a bunch of incompetent fools. Maybe it’s just me, but I notice that the worst administration in US is always the current administration.

Anyway, with USD pairs out of your equation, you are basically saying that you keep an eye on exotic pairs. This will be interesting, Krugman. :smiley:

[QUOTE=“wm247;548451”]I remember the similar situation during Clinton’s administration. It lasted around 3 weeks, and at the end it’s just business as usual. I don’t think people even remember it when they think about Clinton! I love to think that all this talk about ‘shutdown’ is blown out way out of proportion and the only reason US media keeps feeding people with ‘shutdown’ issue is because they have uncanny ability to portray any current administration as a bunch of incompetent fools. Maybe it’s just me, but I notice that the worst administration in US is always the current administration. Anyway, with USD pairs out of your equation, you are basically saying that you keep an eye on exotic pairs. This will be interesting, Krugman. :smiley: [/QUOTE]

I don’t think the current shutdown is that big of a worry, it’s the potential debt ceiling default in the next week and a half. I am with you, I don’t personally think it will become the disaster that is claimed, but I’m not considering my own opinion I’m considering everyone else that is moving currency. It may or may not move the markets but I am still going to take into account the added risk.
Although I never said I wouldn’t trade the dollar, I am just going to be more cautious than usual.

Hey Reddy,

That’s when you realise how setting pending orders and wait for confirmation of a setup is vital.

Let’s be patient, we are probably learning a lot more than usual during this tough period. It will be a lot easier in the future not to enter a trade for a week or two and feel comfortable about it.

Yves

Haha I feel I am about to commit a mistake by entering a wrong trade lol my finger is itching trying to keep it in that pocket :smiley:

Hi every one,

I am looking at this very keenly myself. I didn’t take a blind sell but prefer to see the daily close showing me a good day’s price action, looking for a daily close below the resistance )

USD CAD is in bullish move right now and it is still early for the day to close, I am currently bullish on this pair (weekly pin bar) and your resistance is actually my FTA after that I am planning to move the BE and see if it can go higher

the pair is also currently raging so I guess it makes sense to buy at the bottom and sell at the top

Hi there.

Funny you should mention this as I’m staring at it right now. It also lines up beautifully with the 61.8 Fib line. My only concern would be that if you zoom out a bit you can see a trend line going up, as well as the pin bar on the weekly followed by a massive move up.

However, it did hit a double top and has created a lower low but no lower high. In fact the previous high was a higher high so it’s a bit hectic.

Hi semmee, thnx for comments, i post it not for funny stuff that entertain other fellow, i posted it for learning,
i only trad on daily chart not weekly,
i ask u if price respect that Resistance line and resume down trend then ?