Price Action That Matters

Aaron

Am I right that GLD ETF is tradable only during NYSE trading hours, unlike XAUUSD?

Yes Henry.

Note - I am traveling for business this week. I am flying out this morning and will be back on Thursday, so my time on babypips may be limited.

High risk events for week of 3/23

My broker is 100% NY close charts, they agree with Tradingview.com charts, which are always NY close charts.

This GBPCHF could play out, anything could happen, it was just a signal I would not take, I donā€™t trade that pair anyway, I usually stick to EJ, UJ, EU, GU, GJ, Gold and Silver, sometimes EURAUD and GBPAUD.

What is ib ?

Inside bar bro, it is a bar that is fully contained within the previous candle, known as the mother candle.

Hey Henry,

I use FXPRO as my broker so I can tell you a little about them.

They are NY CLOSE for HALF the year. Due to day lights savings time, they are now close 1 HOUR LATER than NY time.
I recommend using someone like axitrader as they change their servers according to day light savings time and always keep them NY CLOSE.

So FXPRO is good NY CLOSE for half the year but now it is 1 hour behind making your charts seem a little different.

Look at the market watch window in both axitrader and fxpro and you will see fxpro is one hour different.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Stopped out on my EJ sell, but covered the sell position with a long when I saw the break of the triangle, overall profit, Ā£90 after taking the loss, could have been a hell of a lot worse. Admitting mistakes, losses and wrong analysis is part of the game and is always a learning curve. Aaron, you beat me this time LOL

EDIT: I am still short on the daily on EJ, H4 was the trade that got stopped out, I seen the small short term reversal pattern and never took notice of it, which resulted in the SL being hit for my H4 trade. Short is the only way on the daily IMO.

Time will tell, but as for the wedge breakout, Aaron was right in his prediction for an upside breakā€¦

Iā€™m in EJ trade as well. Not sure if entering a H4 at this time is a good idea but there are a few things I like.

EJ daily looking like a pin

EJ H4 left a pin bar on Friday, today it fired off a pin-engulfing.

Hopefully it will reach 142 which is the top of daily side way box.

I thought it is [B]I[/B]nternet [B]B[/B]anking ! :18:

Thank you sir.

Day light savings! <sigh> Why do people want to make life complicated?

So, which half of the year does it have NY close & which half not to decide to switch now or later?

The current half year doesnā€™t and the winter part of the year does.

Were in this thing together! Bummed you lost but glad you are experienced enough to know when to cut the loss short.

Making a bad trade ainā€™t nothing but a thing :slight_smile:

Thx aujla. I went for FxPro because of the number of pairs they have. What abt axitrader you mentioned? What pairs do they have? I donā€™t want my PC to be cluttered with too many MT4. So, prefer to know in advance before installing.

Thank you.

Overall, I think short on EJ, though I took a quick few pips on the H4 to cover a loss from an H4 shortā€¦ but all are closed out for now, still holding my daily short.

The thing that puts me off going long for the long term on EJ are these things.

Weekly reversal IB
Momentum has been slowing down
Daily Bearish Engulfing
Price is stuck in a tight range (Inside bars) and the low of the mother candle has actually been broken
Price is now below 20 MA
Lower High on Daily
Daily pin bar is not bullish enough

Also, the corrective rise from 136.2 should have completed with three waves up to 143.8 already. The fall from 143.8 is seen as the 3rd corrective wave and as expected, we have some consolidation (Building of short positions by market makers) before price drops down more, I expect 140 to be hit this week, then possibly 138.6, as once this bit*h breaks, the move will be madness!

Big Fib is the projection for the bearish engulfing, small fib is the projection for the IBā€™s.

Hey

I use FXPRO cause i like the simplicity with paypal deposit and withdraws.

I personally use pepperstone just to chart . they have everything but no sp500 and cfd stuff.
Im not sure if axitrader has that stuff but axitrader and pepperstone are both ny close all year so thats why i recommend them for charting.

I chart pepper. do all the good stuff with SL TP on pepper. I grab my spread from fxpro to include in my entry price and I simply put the trade into fxpro and there we go.

Many thx aujla. I use Oanda to trade cos they have a local office here. I can walk in to talk face-to-face with them in case I need to. But their close time is GMT 00:00. So, I use FxPro for charting. It has a very wide range of instruments. Will explore axitrader.

Thx again.

AUDNZD rebounded from double bottoms. Price has gone well past the neck line. It has also broken first of two TLs. There was a huge bullish pin bar on the monthly. Plenty of room to go up?

You got to love when a pair comes together, shame I only took this on my demo account. lol

I was in the same shoe until a few weeks ago. Turned out Pepperstone offer better spread and lower commissionā€¦ with myself trading more and more intraday, commission is starting to be come an issue. So I made the switch. I agree, FXPro money management on their website is excellent and is a joy to use. However, money is money :slight_smile: