Price Action That Matters

EJ was moving alone nicely and I took my first profit. Then all of a sudden if fell so fast and I’m out at +10 pips.

BOOM! EJ

Nice to have an order set for the top of the range for a nice touch trade. Getting SL to BE as I type. That was rather predictable.

Hope I haven’t spoken too soon though haha

Hi all, So I’m trying to find a free way of simulating the market to perfect my game, as you do.

Problem I have is that I keep hitting a wall with every system I found. This is what I have found so far…

Forex tester 2- demo is severely limited only 3 pairs!

Vhands- the 2 indicators Vhistory & Vterminal in the navigator are greyed out and do not allow me to use them

LFH Trading Simulator 3- all the scripts(buy stop etc) are greyed out and again cannot use.

So if anyone knows of sim that works please let me know or a way of ungreying the above would also be a massive help!

Thanks in advance.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

WTI Oil Reversal IB triggered on the daily.

Targeting the 161, 261 then 423 on the fib.

Lets see how this plays out. There was a double bottom on the daily, and this IB formed at the neckline area. I actually entered the trade on H4 and can get a very tight stop giving me a great R:R.

hi I am a dive center manager, dive instructor, husband, dad for 2 lovely children and from Bali - Indonesia.

I am beginner in Forex, but I had some lost already :frowning: so I am looking for sources to learn to be a competen Forex trader.

I like the atmosphere here and I wish that I can learn a lot from Aaron and other gurus, sorry for my simple introduction due to my English is very basic.

Hey smurf, this is the best place to start School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading

all the best

Darth

Hi Adam

I am using PriceAction AHA 0_2 indicator to identify & mark out IBs for convenience at a glance. But it appears to miss many valid IBs, as indicated by white arrows in the chart below. May I know which version are you using & where to get it from?

or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32561137/gbpaud-h4.png in case pic is not clear.

Thx mate.

TP 1 was hit and I have been stopped out at BE :confused:

Seems to be turning bearish again.

The red IB was my entry signal.

Was wanting it to reach the daily IB 161, but it isn’t looking like it now.

Hey, welcome to the thread!

I suggest you learn price action, please don’t try and learn indicators, you are new to trading, so before you get distracted by indicators which IMO are rubbish, learn to read the price! You will thank me lol :slight_smile:

Your english is sweet. Hope to see you around!

Hey, it doesn’t mark out all the IB’s, sometimes it doesn’t count some bars as an IB due to the open/close ratio, those candles usually aren’t good trades anyway.

I am using the same one as you boss. But i do find when I run it over different brokers, it shows different on each chart at times, I am using AxiTrader btw.

Hope that helps,
Adam

P.S - As always, I don’t rely on this indi, I just use it for reference like all other tools.

Ok, so taking a look at EU, and what I classify as a super “shelling” method, an inside bar after a trend line break.

So here is the daily on EU, I have already entered on H4, but the daily is still tradable, the R:R isn’t just as good.

http://puu.sh/7HEtC.png

You can see price has broke out of the channel it was held in, and has closed below it on the daily and formed an inside bar. Price has also closed below the 20 MA, showing a short term change in sentiment. to trade this by the book, you would need to wait for a break of the low of the mother candle, I would be targeting the 161 fib level as my first TP as it lines up with the longer term uptrend line.

P.S - I can’t reply to messages atm as my internet connection is limited until I get ashore (Currently traveling)

EDIT: 2nd part stopped out at BE, looking at things now, this is looking more like a reversal IB, thought I want more confirmation on H4 before entering.

Adam - when price break trend line, can you explain a bit where you entry is and your stop loss, please?

Just wanted to give a shout out to Aaron that he’s a true blue professional and a wonderful friend too. Listen to this guy, he knows his stuff inside out and he’s probably one of the few rare gems around babypips that’s fully commited to trading and is a genius at what he does. :wink:

Lots of sexy signals today. Gonna be quite a bit of deciding going on later tonight! :slight_smile:

Damn all these mad spikes today stopping all my trades out at BE lol.

Hey all, I’ve been lurking in the shadows of the thread trying to learn how PA is traded here.

Adam, how can you tell if an IB is going to be a continuation breakout, or a reversal?

[QUOTE=“lazydogs;614876”]Hey all, I’ve been lurking in the shadows of the thread trying to learn how PA is traded here. Adam, how can you tell if an IB is going to be a continuation breakout, or a reversal? [/QUOTE]

Adams special crystal balls.

Thanks for the kind words bro! I’m glad you stopped by the thread! Will we see your presence here more???

I’ll let adam answer your question about inside bars, but i do want to point out that I haven’t actually formally introduced inside bars to this forum yet. Mainly because they are neutral in nature and can lose traders money very quickly if not analyzed with the previous price story. I’ve been letting Adam post them here to see how receptive people are to it or if it is just confusing everyone. Still not sure about it yet.

I do want to point out if you are new to price action the first signals you want to learn are the pinbar, engulfing bar and 2 bar reversal. I have a couple articles linked to on the first page of this thread under the “quick navigation” section.

Thx man.

Yes, I do advocate that one shd know how to add, subtract, multiply & divide… manually before start using a calculator. A calculator is only a tool for convenience. :slight_smile: