Price Action That Matters

I’ll be a monk starting from the 19th :slight_smile:

Hi Penupat,

That’s how it looks for me. Although it’s a good chance Double Top pattern can reverse the trend it still a counter trend setup.
In this case i would like to see a PB at least as big as previous candles and with long FB tail showing that there is a lot of buyers were shocked :slight_smile:

Chill Trading !!!

[QUOTE=“wm247;619605”] Hi, Panupat! I thought you’re away right now to become a monk? CMT is ‘Chartered Market Technician’, Panupat. Basically, a certification for professional Technical Analysts. Yeah, that looks possible, Panupat. I’ll shorten the TP by 20 - 30 pips just to be safe though, as 0.85 level looks somewhat ambitious.[/QUOTE] Willy baby! Where the Sam hell have you been? I hope your well mate, it sounds like things are progressing nicely for you. On a side note, anyone fancy those three white soldiers on the EURUSD daily?

NU reversed before it closed. No trades.

I’ve been reading various PA threads and commentaries, there’s something I’d like to clarify.

Seems that many people are saying that EMAs can serve as support/resistance, just not as strong as an actual tested channel/line? So if a pin bar shows a rejection of a price at an EMA line it’s a valid trade signal, just not as good as if it bounced off an actual resistance line? Are we talking about the 8 EMA or 21 EMA?

Haha… still doing well here, mate. Wall Street job is killing me, I’m hoping I’ll survive until at least one year from now. And you? Still making sure the roof on Captain’s house is on fire??

Anyway, with CMT and CFA certification in my disposal very soon, I’ll be more confident when the time comes to lead my own investment firm. :smiley:

BTW, those white soldiers march directly into trouble zone. Be careful there, BA.

never understood the 3 white soldiers and the bearish version, as price would have been going mega up and would more likely be exhausted and ready for a pullback or a move in the opposite direction.

But thats me, out of interest how would you play it BA?

'best

darth

The same with me, It looks like you going to enter to late/at the TOP if going long.

[QUOTE=“leecx;619731”]I’ve been reading various PA threads and commentaries, there’s something I’d like to clarify. Seems that many people are saying that EMAs can serve as support/resistance, just not as strong as an actual tested channel/line? So if a pin bar shows a rejection of a price at an EMA line it’s a valid trade signal, just not as good as if it bounced off an actual resistance line? Are we talking about the 8 EMA or 21 EMA?[/QUOTE]

Hi leecx

I think it depends on your trading plan, you can use, support and resistance lines, trend lines, ema and fib levels to look for trades but personally I only use support and resistance, but will look at trend lines and ema for extra confirmation, when a couple of them line up its happy days.

[QUOTE=“wm247;619733”] Haha… still doing well here, mate. Wall Street job is killing me, I’m hoping I’ll survive until at least one year from now. And you? Still making sure the roof on Captain’s house is on fire?? Anyway, with CMT and CFA certification in my disposal very soon, I’ll be more confident when the time comes to lead my own investment firm. :smiley: BTW, those white soldiers march directly into trouble zone. Be careful there, BA.[/QUOTE]

Haha, the captains house is still on fire here, almost burnt down :slight_smile: your getting closer and closer to your investment firm, that’s great., Willy. Are you enjoying the job?

[QUOTE=“darthfrancis;619784”] never understood the 3 white soldiers and the bearish version, as price would have been going mega up and would more likely be exhausted and ready for a pullback or a move in the opposite direction. But thats me, out of interest how would you play it BA? 'best darth[/QUOTE]

Hey Darth

I’m in search of some inside bars here, since becoming an AdamJ convert I just love inside bars! Alternatively I may just put a buy at the end of yesterday’s daily chart. It’s a bit of a bonkers trade and not something I’ve done before but if you back test the bullish three soldiers, they have a pretty good success rate played at the right level, also MACD just printed a bullish change in direction yesterday.

Yeah i do like an ib :wink: well good luck on that, there not in my trading plan. But always happy to learn.

darthy

[QUOTE=“darthfrancis;619823”] Yeah i do like an ib :wink: well good luck on that, there not in my trading plan. But always happy to learn. darthy[/QUOTE]

Hey Darth

My little soldiers did ok today, nothing major but have moved to break even. I’m kind of experimenting at the moment with a few different things. Inside bars are my main flavour at the moment, but Im also messing with something on the Daily’s. I never got my inside bar on the eurusd so I entered on the break of yesterday’s daily candle. To be honest 3 soldiers have never been in my trading plan before but they can be a sign of a change in trend when occurring at the end of a bearish trend.

Found sell entry EURNZD 4H

Excuse indicators. I forgot it.

Guys. Just letting you know that I’ll be staying at the temple with reclining Budda. Probably until the 12th next month.

Wat Pho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure if I’ll be able to check but do leave me a message if you’re visiting :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“Panupat;620367”]Guys. Just letting you know that I’ll be staying at the temple with reclining Budda. Probably until the 12th next month. Wat Pho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Not sure if I’ll be able to check but do leave me a message if you’re visiting :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome, enjoy your experience Panupat. Ive been living with a reclining Dirk Benedict for a few years now and as enlightening as it’s been to watch a grown man spend his days in his underpants, watching ‘loose women’ and playing ‘call of duty 83’ , I would happily swap him out for a reclining Budda.

High risk events for week of 4/13

Hey W!
I am doing great. That is exciting to hear about, keep me up to speed on how it goes for you! I have read around that some of these exams are not the easiest, which is good because they don’t want any old schmoe off the street becoming certified in managing other money. I am setting slowly setting aside cash to take the exams, so it may still be a few weeks/months down the road. To become fully licensed for stock/options trading(getting series 3/7 and CTA) is probably around 2500. Getting the licensing to trade Forex for others is another 2,500 on top of that. I am not fully ready to trade OPM yet so I am not in a hurry, but I do have the goal in front of me and am marching towards it.

Are we perhaps going to see you more in these parts?

Regards,
Aaron K.

[QUOTE=“krugman25;620660”] Hey W! I am doing great. That is exciting to hear about, keep me up to speed on how it goes for you! I have read around that some of these exams are not the easiest, which is good because they don’t want any old schmoe off the street becoming certified in managing other money. I am setting slowly setting aside cash to take the exams, so it may still be a few weeks/months down the road. To become fully licensed for stock/options trading(getting series 3/7 and CTA) is probably around 2500. Getting the licensing to trade Forex for others is another 2,500 on top of that. I am not fully ready to trade OPM yet so I am not in a hurry, but I do have the goal in front of me and am marching towards it. Are we perhaps going to see you more in these parts? Regards, Aaron K.[/QUOTE]

Allo everyone

I was just wondering how you guys manage your intra day trades taken earlier in the week come Friday? Often I still have trades on and so will leave them open until the following week but 9 times out of 10 any profitable trades end up in the minus or BE. For instance I was in the USDCHF short trade and it was roughly 10 pips off my target on Friday, I decided I would stick with the plan and wait for full profit. I wake up today and I’m taken out at BE grrrrrrr, I’m guessing it’s just the way it goes but do you look to close trades on Friday regardless of targets etc? Or do you let them run?

Amitabha! :40: