Professional Trader offering Free mentorship via Babypips chat room

As always good stuff, I love the addition of stop orders in consideration and the areas of liquidity. Obviously those things really jive well with me and S/D to create a more well rounded order flow understanding. I would love to see a real time trade thread which would be pretty sweet. Anyway Keep up the good work.

Well…looks like this long at 1.6000 is working pretty decently. I still have some doubts about this one, but it goes to show… there was obviously demand there at around 1.6000. Also…if you check a 1 hr chart, you will see 1.6000 was the very top of a 1 hr. demand zone that occured around 1hr before london close earlier today.

Hmm…stops popped from asian low…but demand found right as price comes into 1hr demand zone established during london close. Sounds kinda like that “short stop/supply zone” double layer cushion i talked about earlier on this thread in regards to how i’m breaking down my short play that i’m waiting for around 1.6060.

No idea if this will hit it’s final target of course…it is a mroe aggressive trade, yet it did bounce 20 pips up so far…

Something to keep in mind.

But again folks…don’t try this at home. I’m a professional driver racing under controlled conditions, and could still very well lose it all at any given point in time.

Don’t take my trades. learn how to trade, and do it for yourself. (this thread isn’t a bad place to start to learn)

I recommend you DON’T take this, or any other trade in the thread.

Jay

still not super keen on this long from 1.6000… so profit taken at 1.6025.

0.125% profit. tiny trade…i know…but i’m trading light on NFP day…if i trade at all.

brings profit up around 2.60% this week if i’m not mistaken…i’ll double check that and update.

11 winners, 6 losers - 64.7% win rate

Correction: Up by 2.8% now. Shaping up to be an O.K. week.

Sorry guys…had a typo in my earlier post with the charts of gbp/usd …my shorts on gbp/usd are 1.6060 and 1.6100…NOT 1.6000

sorry for the confusion. Again…this is one of many reasons why you shouldn’t trade my setups!

Jay

Thanks for all of the great information. A newbie like me certainly appreciates all the effort.

GBP/USD short at 1.6060 FILLED.

now i guess we will see if this does anything. probably gonna hve to hold over the weekend… no matter. solid trade, very limited risk. win or lose, it’s a good trade…so i’m happy.

Jay

eur/usd short for 0.25% risk. 40 pip stop, 80 pip target…f.rom 1.3792

Jay

Sry for jumping in here, but as you (eremarket) maybe recognized now, I have a lot on my screen automatically going on, lol. This doesn’t stop with some special indis. I code for myself and do it with passion, so I have now even an indi which shows me your no trade zone to check out if that is of value for me. I am very lazy if it comes to clicks on the screen and I can’t make an error if it is drawn automatically.

My contribution now to your thread. Here you and everybody else can have it as well. It shows a rectangle of the no trade zone, imho between 38 and 61 fibbs of last week for actual week. However, fibbs and color of box can be customized by the settings. Just copy and paste it to your mt4 experts/indi folder.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                  Notradezone.mq4 |
//|                                   Copyright © 2011, by Buckscoder|
#property copyright "Copyright © 2011 Buckscoder"
#property indicator_chart_window
//----
extern double  lowlevel  = 38.2;
extern double  highlevel = 61.8;
extern color   ntzcolor  = Gray;
//----- Variabes
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int init()
  {
//---- indicators
   ObjectCreate("ntz", OBJ_RECTANGLE, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
//----
   return(0);
  }
//| Custom indicator deinitialization function                       |
int deinit()
  {
//----
   ObjectDelete("ntz");
//----
   return(0);
  }
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int start() {
   double thigh = iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_W1, 1);
   double tlow  = iLow(NULL, PERIOD_W1, 1);
   double t1 = (thigh-tlow)*lowlevel/100+tlow;
   double t2 = (thigh-tlow)*highlevel/100+tlow;
   ObjectSet("ntz", OBJPROP_TIME1, iTime(NULL, PERIOD_W1, 0));
   ObjectSet("ntz", OBJPROP_TIME2, iTime(NULL, PERIOD_M1, 0));
   ObjectSet("ntz", OBJPROP_PRICE1, t1);
   ObjectSet("ntz", OBJPROP_PRICE2, t2);
   ObjectSet("ntz", OBJPROP_STYLE, STYLE_SOLID);
   ObjectSet("ntz", OBJPROP_COLOR, ntzcolor);
   ObjectSet("ntz", OBJPROP_BACK, True);
   return(0);
  }

That’s how it looks like. The box is in the background, so other indis and the candles are still visible:

Bucks…that’s great! thanks! There ya go guys… I’ll go into more about how this zone should be used from one week to another, as well as how it can actually change from the “no trade zone” to the “ideal trade zone” (ICT already covers this concept in one of his vids…but i’ll do a post up here on it"

This weekend is going to be a big weekend for me here on pips… Some of the stuff I plan on doing by market open on sunday:

1. A LIVE WEBINAR! that’s right…been talking about doing it for a while…wife’s out of town, so now’s the time. So tomorrow, at 7:00 pm pacific time (10 PM E.S.T. New York Time). I’ll be focusing on fresh daily supply/demand levels, and some of the ways that I “split them up” to find exactly where within a level price is most likely to turn… so you can get a better idea on how I catch these amazing 50-200 pip moves within 5-20 pips of the market turning point. I will also very briefly cover the 3 primary methods of entry that I use (set and forget, set and manage, or confimation entry)

2. The official inaguration of my new “live” trade thread. I’m going to keep this thread as a focus on trades taken specifically from the daily sup/dem levels, and the other will be a sort of “public journal” of many of my other trades. I will be posting in realtime (or darn close to it), and will show ya all how a consistent 10% - 25% per month is actually a fairly realistic goal to acheive.

3. I will respond to everyones comments and questions here. I do appreciate the participation, and hope to see more of it, so I’ll be hitting everyone back with my answers, rebuttals, thanks…etc.

Thanks everyone for your interest and your participation. I hope to have this continue well into the future.

Jay

Quick update on open positions:

well, looks like I caught gbp/usd short from 1.6060 about 4 pips off the high of the day. it then proceeded to sell off 50ish. Still holding the trade, though had i been awake when it was up 50, i would likely have taken SOMETHING off the table, as that would have been 1:1. currently up 30 pips. This is why i only risked 0.25% on such a stellar trade…because i wouldn’t be able to manage it until sunday, and was simply not willing to risk anything that I might regret if I couldn’t watch it the whole time.

Eur/usd short isn’t looking as strong, but i think eur/usd is fundamentally weaker then gbp/usd. I would like to be out of this by NY close on monday morning of this coming week. Might work. might not. don’t really care one way or the other. It’s a good trade…and THAT’S what matters.

So in summary, i have 2 open positions. one up 4 pips, and another up 30. Crazy how one can catch a market turning point within just a few pips, and have it move 30 - 200 in ones favor, with about a 65%+ win rate… hmm…maybe something to this supply/demand thing :wink:

Jay

Hey Jay,

it looks like your contributions to the forum are really taking off! Between You and ICT, and some other choice contributors, this forum has become a wealth of FREE high-grade trading advice/mentorship. You guys put Universities and colleges to shame, haha :wink:

I just wanted to stop in to tell you that your “pep talk” in the chat last week has been the source of massive changes for the better (I believe… yet to be tested). Not having, or not being able to stick to risk limits has been my flagship of failure so far in my trading career. What I am starting to realize now, is that perhaps I’m not giving myself a chance by constantly driving down to the 5m/1m charts. Once I start watching the swings on these timeframes, my analysis on Higher TFs, if present at all, becomes a background noise that is easily ignored in an emotional state.

My consummate solution to this long-standing problem is to simply AVOID the lower timeframes. I don’t want to venture into anything less than a 1H chart, and even that will be a quick-stop for pinpointing an entry I bring down from the [B]daily[/B] charts. While this change might seem obvious to an outsider, to me it is a huge leap, because I have always assumed the profits would come in too slow (imagine the pride it takes to think that :stuck_out_tongue: ). Also, I assumed I lacked the patience for these types of setups.

But I broke myself down this week, and at this point… there is no measure of progress that I will deem “too slow” anymore.

And for that I say Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked already, I just watched the videos and am interested in your approach. I’d like to know how far back you go when looking for pivot high/pivot lows? Obviously there will be “virgin” pivots a year or more back, but do you dismiss those and look for newer pivot days?

LOL - I knew something was wrong there.
I spent half-hour trying to figure that out but I just didn’t see it.

Anyway, I really do appreciate everything you’ve done so far. I’m absorbing every little piece of information you’re putting out there. Keep it coming…

I was just wondering if you are going to post a link in this thread for the live webinar tonight. You said it was at 10pm tonight, correct.

Can’t Wait, thank you for all you do.

I’m came around watching your videos today and thoroughly enjoyed them, many thanks!
They gave me a better understanding of what I should look for in, and do with, supply and demand levels, I hope we will see more videos in the futures, thanks for all the advice given so far!

EDIT: Do you know which time-zone he was talking about? I would love to be there.

Hey guys, sorry about tonite, but I will have to reschedule the webinar for TOMORROW at 7:00 pm pacific (10 pm new York time.) I know this MAY overlap IcT’s webinar, and I would rather not do that, but it may have to be this weekend. I MAY do a smaller, “mini webinar” tonight at 10 pm pacific time. But the full webinar will be tomorrow, 10 pm NY time. Hope to see a lot of u folks there!

I don’t think ICT has a webinar tomorrow…if he does then this is news to me, would like to know if he is forsure or not if anyone knows about this.

Tomorrow will work out, only thing that sucks is it’s a sunday night at 10pm my time so it’s pushing my bed-time since I get up at 4:30am EST.

Anyways can’t wait for it, sounds like it will be well worth it.

Its already midnight my time but am gonna set an alarm and try to wake up at 3:00 to attend to your webinar. After seeing your videos am really interested at watching you in action.

I got an email asking if I was hosting tomorrow night and I had not posted or informed anyone I would be conducting a Webinar… have at it Jay. :wink:

Are you still going to host the mini webinar tonight…Just checkin…

Thanks