Pure Price Action For Dummies

Just hit my SL on NU loss 29 pips, I will wait to see is the price stall or still room to go down.

Meanwhile Banked some pips. GBP/CHF was a loser yesterday with 65 pips. That was against the trend but it shows a rejection on support. Later yesterday it print as a pin again it failed.

EU

GJ

Happy pipping.

Salim very good trade, one day very soon I will learn to make 100 pips per trade, simply outstanding.

The 1.65000 level was a typo from my part. The actual level is suppose to be 1.5500. Sorry for the mistake.

Yeah, I thought so :smiley: I just hadn’t asked because I did not wanted to ask too much as a newbie. my resistance though is at 1.5825. now I’m just watching. Thanks for correction!

I’m waiting a little NU for long on 08313. so I guess I’m with you on the boat, sharebazaar
and trying to short EN, my old-established bug.

Now I can see my mistakes when I look at the weekly candle on NU last week candle was point to go down, make the wrong decision to go long today on NU. I was about to go long on GU but the price of NU was more favourable in terms of my stop loss.

Learned the lesson, next time will be more time on higher TF before opening the position.

I don’t know where was your mistake, I was just quiet sure on the up cause I watched it lately. Now it was news that tossed price back to the direction-which I think is the true on weekly too. even if it will have a limit, or hope so. one thing I can share is NU seems better than GU for me on the up move with normal candles and heikin ashi too. normally I would buy GU in this cheap level but I’m afraid it’s just trick of the candles. with heikin ashis I don’t buy it now. plus shorters just took profits very near here. at NU, somehow I feel, the case is urgent to get to the top from where it may pump for the other currency.
sorry for mentioning heikin ashi in this thread! it’s just my stick.

Hi kores my mistake was to open the position early and my SL was not big enough to hold the trade, and I don’t like to change my SL, I do it but very rare, last week candle close with long wick, according to my analysis I should wait until the price stop and nice candle form in lower time frame to go long.

I was hoping price would go south and i can hop on a buy but it did not go far south like I would have liked in euro. So n trade for me this Friday.

I hope the rest of you guys are doing fine.

What happened to GU on Friday all other USD pair went long but the GU went down.

Does anyone use pivots along with the key support and resistance levels for this method ?
I’m talking about daily and weekly pivots. Do they carry much weight ?

Good question.

I have never looked into their levels. I have never bothered with fibs either.

But than, these levels, like most other indicators, have a self full filling prophecy phenomena attached to them.

They might or might not work, depending on how many people believe these things work, and use them.

AU was not an up, or a down. NU was the same.

EU was up, GU was already testing peaks of previous weekly high or resistance on thursday itself.

Most who trade lower tfs would have taken a sell position on thursday or the retest on friday.

I stayed out cause i already had hundred pips on GU during two days midweek up.

I got hit hard by the GU on Friday due to lack of discpline. :frowning:
Its gonna take a long while to recoup them.

It serves to play safe in the long run by sticking to certain donts when we start out.

. Like staying out of the market on mondays and fridays. The momentum and directions are not that clear, just like how the direction of the opening day time candle is opposite to the eventual bias for the day.

We get better at seeing what price is going to do with experience, but to get that experience, we first have to stop being emotionally scrambled by unnecessary losses.

Yeah, i totally agree that now. I had quite a good run and for the month and that has got my emotions haywired.
It pays to learn i guess.
Gonna spend the next few months if not years to recoup my loss i guess.

Is it that big loss ???

I would like to highlight something here.

Commenting on market or price movements on hindsight is always 100% do able, and it will all look clear as day light, after the move.

Predicting it as its about to happen is a different story altogether.

Profitable traders are not necessarily any better at seeing what price is going to do prior to price moving on a given day. That is why most of them will reply " i dont see an entry " if they are asked if a certain pair is a buy or sell.

What sets them apart is the patience to wait for the entry, and the patience to wait for price to hit their TP level or SL level.

They dont guess or waste equity on guesses.

Yup! 60% drawdown of my equity.
Broken many many of my trading rules thinking that it will not not matter for this time round.
Well, i was proven wrong. :frowning:

Depending on the size of your account, 60% could be a lot of money. Equity wise, its suicidal to take anything more than 20%. and even that amount of risk is suicidal and that to is not fit for daily trading!

On the other hand, please do understand that for the majority of us, following our rules when trading is not something that we are in habit of. It takes a lot of patience and control to stop breaking the rules.

I broke one last week. I was already in profit in GU, and thinking that correlation will move all pairs the same, i bought AU based on a smaller TF chart.

Amateur mistake.

The rule is one trade at a time.

Worst of it was, i wrote the rules my self!