Pure Price Action For Dummies

Hi every one hope you all doing great with your trading.

Good to see some new members in this thread.

Looking to go short on EU sometimes next week, price between 1.11254 - 1.10615 will be my entry area, let watch the market now and wait for confirmation.

[QUOTE=“blackhand;702473”]Locked in a few pips that will soften yesterday’s loss of focus.[/QUOTE]

Hi blackhand,

Are you still holding the position.

Hi everyone,

What you guys think of AUD/USD pair.

I will look for short but may be I will wait for the NFP report. If I don’t get an opportunity then may be next week.

Open 1 short position on EUR/USD but hit my SL and closed with -51 pips.

Hopefully we will get some good entry next week.

I think it’s a good call but u’ll have to have a good balance of risk/SL as I expect the market will move fast and incoherently before taking any direction …

[QUOTE=“JamesBr;704543”]

I think it’s a good call but u’ll have to have a good balance of risk/SL as I expect the market will move fast and incoherently before taking any direction …[/QUOTE]

Hi JamesBr,

You are correct, I already had 1 position closed with loss on EU. Every position I open I always have SL in place and I am ready to take that loss if I am wrong.

My risk and position is same in every trade so if I am wrong in series of trades I will still make money out of the market because my profit is bigger then my loss and I follow the (Law of large no ).

Market can only go in 2 direction with a pause ( range). Either market follow the current trend or change trend with a range with breakout.

I normally don’t trade with the news but if I am already holding the position I will try to manage it according to my plan.

Hi everyone, hope you all doing great on your trading.

Just want to share a trade on copper, I am still on the trade.

Don’t know what will happen next week, if market create another opportunity then I will add another position.

Closed both position on copper with 153 pips. Copper contracts end today.

Hi everyone, just want to share my USOIL trade, both position closed with 350 pips.

Great job keep them coming Sharebazar.

Thanks tonyro44, market is very generous with me for last couple of months. More winning trades then losing trades.

One losing trade so far this week ,AUD/CAD hit my SL , loss of 83 pips.

I can move my SL to BE when it moved 100+ pips but this one was my long term trade so just stay with my plan.

sharebazar what ever works for you , that’s what you go with. nice $$

Hi everyone, hope you guys are doing great.

I am still holding my NZD/USD pair position.
Just moved my SL to book some profit 250+ pips.

This is one of my long term position. Hope it works according to the plan.

Sharebhazar your really on fire , good going.:cool:

I am really interested in how many lots you traded with 250 pips …

JamesBr to me it doesn’t matter how many lots he traded, what does matter is his discipline and working his pan. Go for it Sharebhazar.

Hi JamesBr

I am trying to keep my lots size small due to risk management, 1 or 2 lots in a single trade, because I might holding 3 or 5 trades at same time and I keep total risk of maximum 3-5% of my total capital.

If trade goes according to my plan then I try to scale in another positiion.

Just for an example, curently holding GBP/AUD pair.

See the bottom green arrow is my first entry and second green arrow on top is my second entry.

Price move more than 500 + pips, but at present one position is 411 pips and one is -36 pips. Moved my SL to secure 350 +pips.

Hope it goes according to my plan.

Trading can be lonely and very stressful. What you guys do to overcome the lonelyness and stress of trading.

I try to spend as much possible quality time with my family.

Hi sharebazar

are you doing this full time? I have a day job, and trying to build up the account, so besides work and trading, i go play with my kids, watch tv etc…then pop by once a while to check on open positions.

Maybe also i day trade, so the stress ends when the position is closed at the end of the session, whether in profit or loss as the stop is there. I trade only London session.

i like your swing/position style to milk the pips. can learn something from your postings.

Have a good week ahead!

Hi membina,

Good to see you here. Yes I am doing it almost full time trading from last couple of months. But I have realised that I don’t need to be full time on trading as I am only waiting for particular setup to trade according to this method.

As you mentioned you have a day job, are you going to get the time to trade around london open, if it is yes then I don’t see any problem with it.

To trade according to this method we don’t need lots of time to analyse the market.

Are you familiar with this method, if not I will encourage you to go through at least 1-40 pages of the thread. Once you have a good understanding I can help you more to get to the point.

In the mean time if you don’t understand anything feel free to ask, I will try to answer it.

Hi sharebazar

very much appreciated for your willingness to help. I have read through the whole thread, tried to apply the rules, won some lost some. The painful thing is that the time taken to accumulate the wins evaporated much quicker. overall profitability is like a roller coaster. Inconsistent.

well, back to reading the first 40 pages as suggested by you, maybe its time for a refresh. Maybe i missed out something.

Trading daily is way better, but the stop is quite huge which the need to build my account is a stumbling block. either increase capital or trade intraday which i am doing where the stops are more palatable.

sorry for the rant. the frustration sometimes gets to me when profits just evaporated.

I will ask for advice, maybe post chart/s to see if i did anything wrong. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!